Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar flights crediting to BA account

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 11:36 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by Sign47
I purchased an upgrade from Qatar on a Qatar issued ticket but the increased TPs have not been credited to my BAEC. The other three non-upgraded legs were credited. I have the email confirmation but the boarding pass doesn't have a flight number so I'm finding it difficult to claim the missed Tier Points and Avios on the BAEC website. Who should I be contacting for the missed TPs? Can someone help?

I will need the 140 TPs to retain Silver membership. The A350 in business was worth the upgrade. Makes me wish I could fly like that for every flight I take.
If you take an upgrade special offer with Qatar I’m pretty sure the points they award under their own programme at just for original class booking so would assume this is the same for BAEC, you may only get the regular economy TPs and Avios.
Old May 6, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Sign47
I purchased an upgrade from Qatar on a Qatar issued ticket but the increased TPs have not been credited to my BAEC. The other three non-upgraded legs were credited. I have the email confirmation but the boarding pass doesn't have a flight number so I'm finding it difficult to claim the missed Tier Points and Avios on the BAEC website. Who should I be contacting for the missed TPs? Can someone help?

I will need the 140 TPs to retain Silver membership. The A350 in business was worth the upgrade. Makes me wish I could fly like that for every flight I take.
As I understand, QR doesn’t give the higher points of the upgraded class. Only points of the original class would be credited.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by duncgor

This recently happened to me for a DOH-CGK leg. First step would be to repeat the online claim, BA have admitted there is a bug in the system to me. My next step was a call to the Silver Line which was no help. I approached Qatar direct as recommended by BA and they said it was a BA issue as my FF Number was clearly on my boarding pass. I then submitted a formal complaint through the system attaching my Boarding Pass and the e-mail from Qatar. Because I was still not getting a reply I used the BA twitter feed by private messaging them. They were helpful but still had to follow up a second time. Points eventually posted but two months later and not sure of was the complaint or the twitter follow up that actually resolved it.
Thanks so much for the advice - I'll mimic this in turn and report back how I get on
duncgor likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
Good luck. Hopefully not a total pain, I’d have followed up more strictly if I had a status uplift relying on it. To be fair though, I did get a phone call from them after they posted from BA apologising which was a nice touch....
Old May 11, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by SLGO

As I understand, QR doesn’t give the higher points of the upgraded class. Only points of the original class would be credited.
Each time I have taken advantage of Qatar's upgrade promotions from Economy to Business it has rebooked that particular leg of the flight into R which is awarded the increase in tier points and avios. However, they don't automatically get added to the BAEC which is a problem and leads to several unnecessary emails but in the end the correct amount does get added. I wish they had a more straight forward way to add the tier points and avios.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.