Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2015, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
This 2015/16 thread is now closed. The 2017 thread is:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1818553-premium-fare-deals-j-f-2017-edition.html

A collaborative collection and discussion of nice Avios-earning and TP-earning J & F premium fare deals. This thread is not for TP runs or published sales.
Some links to relevant threads can be found below.

Enjoy your Premium Experience.

FIRST CLASS - RTM/AMS/BRU to West Coast (SFO, SAN, YVR, SEA) starting at £2330... (just click on the book with American link to get the good price. )
Oneworld: Italy and various EU to New York in club €1250
CONSOLIDATED QR 2017 Travel Festival Fares
Current QR Sale Fares (yes, I did...)
QR/UL FRA-MLE via DOH+CMB: 1380€ RT across the board. 640 TP.
Switzerland/Italy/Sweden to East & West Coast USA in WTP (PE) €600/690 (3x Avios)
LHR-Asia/Oz for £1100/1500 on MH
Finnair J, ARN / GOT - BKK, 1150 GBP return (valid till Jan 9th)
TXL and Portugal to JNB for £1350/1450 on BA discussed from post 5021 onwards..

For promos to the US (often, but TP heavy routes in general) it is always a good idea to look at BA Tier Point Runs 2017 master thread. Current sales are often in the Wiki there.
Print Wikipost

Premium Fare deals (J and F)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by philm11
Anyone got any experience in back-to-backs to GOT ?
nice pricing to LAX compared with PHX, LAS.
Did you read #4819?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:08 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by philm11
Anyone got any experience in back-to-backs to GOT ?
nice pricing to LAX compared with PHX, LAS.
Here is a handy guide for Back to Backs

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...nations-9.html
Old Dec 22, 2016, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fitch
Could combine with the SEA-HAV deal for quite a nice trip...
If you have a licence from the US Treasury to visit Cuba.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Calchas
If you have a licence from the US Treasury to visit Cuba.
The question had not occurred to me before but what is the US position on Europeans, who are not restricted from visiting Cuba, connecting through the US now that it is possible?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MADPhil
The question had not occurred to me before but what is the US position on Europeans, who are not restricted from visiting Cuba, connecting through the US now that it is possible?
You cannot fly from the US to Cuba without Treasury permission unless you are travelling on a diplomatic passport.

"Persons subject to US jurisdiction" are prevented from travelling to Cuba (without licence), which includes (most) Europeans while they are in the US.

I am sure you can get away with it from time to time but that is the legal position.

Last edited by Calchas; Dec 22, 2016 at 5:33 pm
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:02 am

You cannot fly from the US to Cuba without Treasury permission unless you are travelling on a diplomatic passport.

"Persons subject to US jurisdiction" are prevented from travelling to Cuba (without licence), which includes (most) Europeans while they are in the US.

I am sure you can get away with it from time to time but that is the legal position.
Oh, I'd not even considered this as a problem. My partner and I are planning to visit Cuba in February (both UK citizens). The current plan is to fly from Calgary to Cuba (via YYZ), returning to LAX, although flights aren't booked yet. Is this likely to cause us problems? Are we better off booking a return from Calgary and then flying down to LAX on a separate ticket?

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, HHonors Silver
So, just to clarify, these ex-Got WT+ fares cannot be upgraded with avios? And if they can, what is the surcharge? Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by charlie1105
Oh, I'd not even considered this as a problem. My partner and I are planning to visit Cuba in February (both UK citizens). The current plan is to fly from Calgary to Cuba (via YYZ), returning to LAX, although flights aren't booked yet. Is this likely to cause us problems?
You're not doing anything wrong there, as far as I know, so it should be fine.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:48 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by umbyboy
So, just to clarify, these ex-Got WT+ fares cannot be upgraded with avios? And if they can, what is the surcharge? Thanks
My understanding is that they can be upgraded with avios if there is reward availability. No idea about the surcharges regarding this fare, but typically from WTP-CW they are circa £150 route depending.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 6:20 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
If someone is flying there for a permitted reason they won't need individual "Treasury permission" -- the relevant federal regulations, which are summarised quite well on this AA page, grant a "general license" in those cases. There's discussion and more details elsewhere on FT. My understanding is that US airlines require you to choose from a drop-down list of the 12 permitted reasons before travel. Tourism is not a permitted reason.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Nearly 80 year old sprightly mum wants to go to Australia!

My nearly 80 year old mum has announced she wants to go to Sydney to see her friends 'one more time'......and........'I'm going to need a flat bed'...... (Thank the lord she's decided its time to spend the SKI money! :-) )..

She's pretty flexi on dates and I want her to get the best bang for her buck... she wants to travel some time after 7th Feb... and stay 14 nights once she gets there....

I've had a quick trawl but best I can see is Malaysian for just sub £2K and Qatar around £3,500... (MH First class coming in at £2,800). I'm not very experienced on flights to and from Australasia - maybe it's worth waiting for a bit if there's a Qatar sale due? She might even be up for an ex-eu (i could go with her)

I'd be very grateful for any thoughts / suggestions on how to max this experience for her without paying over the odds .... Hope it's OK to ask in this thread...

Thanks in advance...
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:30 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
Malaysian are doing a pretty good deal at the moment, but watch out for the transfer times at KUL, leave enough slack, you don't want her stranded in KUL.

Alternatively, check out Finnair via Helsinki, always good for a Kangaroo run. Or Cathay via HK, but they don't have any great offers on at the mo.

Perhaps some of the "deeper knowledge" fters here may have some inside knowledge on New Year sales probabilities?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The MH F looks damn comfy on the A380
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
£2k for UK-Aus in business class is excellent value: even if there is a QR sale. I'd probably pay the extra £800 and go F for a one-off - unless you both go - as the J product on the MH A380 isn't very private.

Although then you're 'only' £700 off QR J, which is damn good... QR lounge is better than MH lounge in Heathrow, IFE is better... At the same price I'd go QR J, but MH F would be too tempting and convenient.

KL is an easy place to transfer.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:08 pm

I'm trying MH F in a couple of weeks. It looks pretty good and I found the flight timings and durations better than QR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.