Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2015, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: flyoff
The facility to choose your main course meal before you fly (when travelling First, Club World and World Traveller Plus) is available on the following routes on flights departing from London:

London Heathrow to Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chengdu, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Durban, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Narita, Nassau, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver, and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Cape Town, Costa Rica, New York (JFK), Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica), Tampa, and Trinidad and Tobago

Meal selection will be from the on-board menu; pre-selection is available between 30 days and 24 hours before your flight

Meal selection is only for the main course of the main meal. However, you can click on the menu link to see the full main meal menu.

Starters and desserts cannot be pre-ordered. Items from the second meals cannot be viewed or pre-ordered.

Print Wikipost

The main course pre-order choice thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Originally Posted by T8191
Really can't get excited about any of this! And what is 'seasonal' beetroot?

Starters
  • Severn and Wye smoked salmon with seasonal beetroot & pickled cucumber
  • Broken goats cheese cashel blue with honeyed walnuts, rocket leaves & creamed truffle crème fraîche
Salad
  • Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette
Main
  • Pan seared peppered British fillet steak with olive oil poached la ratta potatoes & bearnaise sauce
  • Roasted korma marinated chicken breast with spring onion khichdi rice
  • Baked macaroni cheese with creamed chive veloute, bocconcini mozzarella balls & sundried cherry tomato
  • Rainbow soba noodle salad topped with miso marinated prawns
Dessert
  • Wildberry trifle with berry compote
  • Selection of Cheeses Shropshire Blue, Butler's Secret & Kidderton Ash with Quince Jelly
  • A selection of fruit
These are the main courses to Barbados this weekend in F. A couple look very similar!

Main· Seared Heritage black beef, olive oil poached basil la ratta potatoes with Bearnaise sauce·
Seared and baked monkfish wrapped in proscuitto ham with scampi provencale·
Roasted masala chicken breast with spring onion khichdi rice & raita dressing·
Porcini mushroom tortellini with creamed rosary goats cheese sauce·
Rainbow soba noodle salad with seared miso prawns
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Rubecula
These are the main courses to Barbados this weekend in F. A couple look very similar!

Main· Seared Heritage black beef, olive oil poached basil la ratta potatoes with Bearnaise sauce·
Seared and baked monkfish wrapped in proscuitto ham with scampi provencale·
Roasted masala chicken breast with spring onion khichdi rice & raita dressing·
Porcini mushroom tortellini with creamed rosary goats cheese sauce·
Rainbow soba noodle salad with seared miso prawns
Fascinating! I suspect yours will be nicely presented, though ... and you will get a bread plate, and decent condiments instead of those bloody paper sachets!.

Quite a surprise, though. Or could one say ‘rip-off’?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:44 am

Have the following for LON-SAN in F.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have the beef served without the jus, or if they come combined already?

Starters

• Seared scallops with cauliflower couscous and a pickled girolles salad
  • Croxton manor goat curd with verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce
  • Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Rhubarb and almond dome
  • Warm dark chocolate and hazelnut brownie
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by londonsmiler
Have the following for LON-SAN in F.

Does anyone know if it would be possible to have the beef served without the jus, or if they come combined already?
Should be no problem at all!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I would say not possible, braised means it will be cooked in the sauce.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:35 pm

Just FYI, I had that beef dish last month and it's not bad. It's much better than when they try to offer steak, because a braised beef dish is meant to be a longer cooking cut, and the jus keeps it from being too dry. I will say that the potatoes were a bit of a letdown, as they were so unbelievably garlicky as to be inedible (and I like garlic).
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I would say not possible, braised means it will be cooked in the sauce.
ah yes sorry I missed the ‘braised’!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
LHR-HKG February - F menu

LHR-HKG February - F menu

Starters

• Smoked Isle of Skye salmon, dill pickled cucumber, soda bread and sour cream butter
  • Hotbean curd roll filled with yam, carrot, celery & shiitake mushroom with black pepper sauce
  • Butternut squash and rosemary soup, orange crème fraiche & toasted pumpkin seeds
  • Selection of fresh seasonal salad leaves with a choice of citrus mint creme fraiche or salsa verde dressing

Main

• Seared fillet and braised short rib of Heritage black beef, wilted baby spinach, vichy carrot and celeriac mash with port & red wine reduction
  • Grilled fillet of North sea cod with spelt, pine nuts & edamame, steamed green beans and a golden sultana vinaigrette
  • Wonton soup with char siu pork, pork dumplings, noodles and pak choi
  • Grilled baby cauliflower steaks with cumin, citrus and herb couscous, toasted hazelnuts and saffron yoghurt
  • Confit of Gressingham duck with a baby potato, pickled red onion & cucumber salad, fried walnuts and nori crackers

Desserts

• Salted chocolate caramel profiterole slice
  • Mixed berry Charlotte
  • A selection of fresh seasonal fruit

Cheese Plate

• Bleu D Auvergne
  • Wookey Hole Cheddar
  • Old Amsterdam
  • Gillot Camembert
Anyone had the chance to try the "Confit of Gressingham duck"?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 8:55 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
menu for BA57 in F on the 24th of Feb:

Starters

• Seared scallops with cauliflower couscous and a pickled girolles salad
  • Croxton Manor goat curd with Verjus marinated Cheltenham beetroot, candied walnut and onion Madeleines
  • French onion soup with parmesan and paprika straw
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of Dijon mustard dressing or blue cheese dressing

Main

• Braised British beef with potato dauphinoise, roast parsnip, buttered kale and truffle jus
  • Pan fried hake with buttered herb ratte potatoes, roasted salsify, tomato confit and beurre noisette sauce
  • Roasted rump of lamb lamb galantine with fondant potato, carrot puree and mint jus
  • Spinach and ricotta tortellini with tomato sauce, olives, mizuna and frisee salad
  • Main course salad of chargrilled cornfed chicken with bacon lardons, potato straws and Caesar dressing

Desserts

• Rhubarb and almond dome
  • Warm dark chocolate and hazelnut brownie
  • Madagascan vanilla ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Blackstick Blue Cheese
  • Le Saint Mont Cheese
  • Cornish Yarg Cheese
  • Reblochon Cheese
Old Feb 4, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by T8191
Really can't get excited about any of this! And what is 'seasonal' beetroot?
Seasonal means of course that it is fresh and 'in season' at the moment - i.e. it hasn't been grown and stored for months.

But I thought the beetroot season was in the summer, so anything served in February would have been harvested 5/6 months ago?
T8191 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur

In-flight menu

BA49 London to Seattle 14:25

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Devon crab salad with compressed apple, citrus segments and warm brown crab toast
  • Warm truffle linguini with chervil crème fraîche and shaved parmesan
  • Spicy lemongrass and butternut squash soup with curry oil and pumpkin seeds
  • Fresh seasonal salad with a choice of aged balsamic vinaigrette or honey mustard dressing

Main

• Seared fillet of Aberdeen Angus, braised beef cheek with parmentier potatoes, watercress salad, chanterelle mushroom and shallot and tomato jus
  • Butter poached lemon sole fillet and seared red mullet, pak choi and bouillabaisse sauce
  • Braised lamb shank with spring onion mash, roasted root vegetables, tenderstem broccoli and mint jus
  • Tarte tatin of aubergine and barrel aged feta, courgette, sundried tomatoes and onion purée
  • Main course salad of warm poached ham hock, Parma ham with a tomato and asparagus salad, mozzarella in basil and balsamic dressing

Desserts

• Chocolate beetroot and pistachio delice
  • Warm rhubarb crumble
  • Vanilla bean ice cream

Cheese Plate

• Shropshire Blue
  • Gillot Camembert
  • Godminster
  • Tomme De Savoie
Most of the menu sounds pretty good, but I have to guess that the 'root vegetables' with the lamb probably includes Celery, which I'm allergic to.

The chocolate beetroot sounds tremendously weird. Then again, I recently tried a mushroom crème bruleé in KRK last week, so I might actually like something like that.

And you can't go wrong with Shropshire Blue and Godminster.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold

In-flight menu

BA117 London to New York 08:25 (10 Mar)

See the menus below for the meals you'll be served on your flight.

Starters

• Freshly squeezed orange juice
  • Strawberry and mint smoothie
  • A selection of yoghurts
  • Fresh seasonal fruit
  • or
  • Balik style smoked salmon with avocado cream and horseradish
  • A wide selection of breakfast pastries and rolls

Main

• Mixed grill featuring beef fillet, pork sausage, crispy pancetta roll and traditional breakfast accompaniments
  • Gruyere cheese omelette with cherry tomatoes, grilled asparagus and quinoa spinach roesti
  • Cinnamon scented porridge with roasted plum
  • Warm ciabatta with beef fillet, Emmental cheese and fresh rocket
  • Breakfast platter featuring continental meats and cheeses
Old Feb 10, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by greg5
[h2]

The chocolate beetroot sounds tremendously weird. Then again, I recently tried a mushroom crème bruleé in KRK last week, so I might actually like something like that.
Putting beetroot in chocolate cake is something I've done before / have seen done reasonably widely - it makes the cake very moist, similar to a carrot cake. No idea why you would put beetroot in a delice other than for the sake of having another ingredient to list on the menu, though...
CharlotteC and greg5 like this.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:13 am
Original Poster

LHR-LAX J February:

Starters:

- Chicken and duck terrine with fennel puree, hazelnut and carrot salad and walnut granola
- Bocconcini with basil sponge, slow-roasted cherry tomatoes and pine nut and fennel salad

Fresh seasonal salad served with vinaigrette

Main:

- Braised British beef with roasted peppers, pattypan squash, dauphinoise potato and tarragon jus
- Chettinad chicken with coriander rice and tadka dal
- Conchiglie pasta with mushroom ragout and broccoli
- Chilled main course salad of seared sumac spiced Scottish salmon with lemon quinoa, lentil salad and elderflower and lemon dressing

Dessert:

- A duo of desserts features caramelised orange tart and chocolate, almond, and salted caramel crisp with caramel sauce
- Coastal cheddar and cropwell bishop stilton cheese served with grapes and biscuits

Light meal:

Starter:
- Radish, cucumber and dill salad with mint, feta cheese, pomegranate and a horseradish and chive dressing

Main:
- Rigatoni pasta with creamy garlic and herb sauce, leek, pumpkin, and baby spinach
- Main course Nicoise salad with classic vinaigrette accompanied by warm seared tiger prawns
- Warm sandwich of steak with horseradish relish baby spinach and piquillo pepper

Dessert:
- Fresh seasonal fruit.

So.... for all the groovy description, the chicken and duck terrine was rather bland and I suspect the duck amount was symbolic. It was however quite generous, with three slices of the terrine.
Salad totally uninteresting: leaves, pumpkin seeds and a few cooked of vinegared beetroot.
The Chettinad chicken was my biggest disappointment. BA Indian mains are usually good in all classes including Y, but this one was frankly bland and uninteresting and way too creamy and the meat were fatty small bits of chicken leg. Rice was overcooked and uninteresting, and the daal was not good either. I must say that I much prefer CW Indian chicken mains where they use a whole chicken breast rather than bits (even though I realise that cut pieces are by any standard more authentic). Not bad by any standard but really not very good either. I almost always go for the Indian main when offered, but I should have stuck with the main course salad, or even the braised beef may have been better.
Dessert was good as often. Caramelised orange tart ok, the chocolate crisp was not a crisp in any shape or form but very good.

Second meal. The salad was probably the best dish of the whole flight: interesting, refreshing, the dressing was too creamy for me and you couldn't taste the horseradish but the salad itself was very pleasurable.
Main; I had a pasta: mistake. It was very garlicky and absolutely not herby, and the leek had not been washed properly so the whole dish felt like falling asleep on the beach and having sand all over your mouth. Anyone used to cooking leek knows what I mean and that this is one of the vegetables you really need to wash properly or it will mess everything. Pasta was also shamelessly overcooked. You couldn't even put your fork into it without it breaking: not a good sign.
Fruit plate was predictable (so fed up with the mix of cantaloupe, pineapple and watermelon and apple) but actually good for that particular selection. Biggish slices, fresh.

Club kitchen its usual miserable self. Crisps, shortbreads, Cadbury fake-chocolate, fruit cups and a couple of salads, yoghurts, and sandwiches. I enjoyed the Waitrose fruit cup and a bag of the nice caramel popcorn. Within a couple of hours, only shortbread (which seemed to have no takers at all) and Cadbury (I hate it and apparently not many others must have liked it) were left. It would be good if BA increased the loadings of salads, fruit cups, and yoghurts which went very quickly. The other item disappearing fast was the crisps. By contrast, shortbreads and Cadbury were still left by the time the kitchen was closed.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 8:33 am

Has any one tried the lamb galantine yet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.