Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold
First non-IRROPS upgrade for 18 months - on AA CLT-BWI last Sunday (pity not BA)...
Old Jun 2, 2019, 5:22 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DreamTrip
Had a WT ticket. Used avios to upgrade to WTP and got an upgrade to CW MIA-LHR

Not bad for a $300 return ticket
How did you manage to upgrade a $300 return ticket from WT to WTP? I thought only the highest fare buckets in WT could be upgraded?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by absoluy
How did you manage to upgrade a $300 return ticket from WT to WTP? I thought only the highest fare buckets in WT could be upgraded?
All but the lowest booking WT classes can now be upgraded using Avios. The non-upgradeable booking classes are Q, O and G.

That said, I too am surprised that an Avios-upgradeable ticket could be had for $300 round-trip on a route like MIA.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
All but the lowest booking WT classes can now be upgraded using Avios. The non-upgradeable booking classes are Q, O and G.

That said, I too am surprised that an Avios-upgradeable ticket could be had for $300 round-trip on a route like MIA.

One of the sweet things starting your journey from GOT

I just realized I only got economy tierpoints after using avios to WTP. Does one not get the extra TP's anymore?

Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
You've never got the higher cabin TPs if upgrading using Avios, unless you're super lucky!
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:02 am

Lucky me - received W -> J upgrades on both my LHR/JFK/LHR sectors last week (BA175/BA112 on May 27th/May 31st).
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
You've never got the higher cabin TPs if upgrading using Avios, unless you're super lucky!
I must have been on a 8 year lucky streak then, until this booking.

Anyone else have insight on this?

Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

I don't know what more "insight" you need on this. The rules are clear: if you UuA, you're entitled to Avios and TPs only for the original paid cabin, not for the upgraded cabin. If there is a "bank error in your favour", that is all that it is and all that it ever was.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards

yes, but not saying anything more on this board.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I don't know what more "insight" you need on this. The rules are clear: if you UuA, you're entitled to Avios and TPs only for the original paid cabin, not for the upgraded cabin. If there is a "bank error in your favour", that is all that it is and all that it ever was.
I have a feeling that this card has been removed from the Community Chest deck...
Old Jun 5, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
BA210 from MIA to LHR on 04/06/19: 64JK to 4EF
megaloman likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:22 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
At T-28, just saw my PE Seat is now a CW Seat for tomorrow’s LHR-DXB BA105 😊🤗.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:02 am

Silver status leisure traveller only.

Currently sat in a very decent lounge in Dublin and have just noticed that myself and my wife have been upgraded for the very first time from ET to CE.

Both are very happy with this, assuming we have actually been upgraded. Seats have changed a few rows forwards with a gap in the middle and now group 1 so I'm pretty sure.

Funny how the lady at check in didn't feel to tell us this as that would have been a nice touch on their part.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:14 am

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
Forgot to post on here in April. Got my first upgrade since 2013 and it was CDG-LHR where I originally had an exit row... At least I got Group 1 boarding! Mrs GM always seems to get them when she travels alone, be it Y-J (LHR-CLT in Feb), W-J, or even J-F.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 9:58 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
WT+ > CW on BA292 IAD-LHR, upgraded at check in (agent smiled when I started looking at how the seat row number had increased, was about to ask why, then realised it said row 64 for a 747 flight and promptly thanked her profusely...). Second ever Op-Up, last one was also on the way to IAD. Must be my lucky route. Perhaps BA realised that I have already taken 6 *A flights this month and thought I needed to see the light :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.