Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So - who got a free upgrade this week?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/Hilton Diamond/IHG Spire
Three of us on LHR-BUD, all in exit row and then got Bumped up when sat in the Cathy lounge. A welcome surprise, especially for our non status friend flying with us. I didn’t mind the reduced legroom to much with a spare seat guaranteed next to me and free gin.....
CMK10 likes this.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 8:38 am

I got one last week ORD to LHR. Very welcome.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
My son, recipient of my gold partner card, TCP’d a non status friend to his booking and both were upgraded LHR-EDI
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
So close... but so far (away)... .

Had to change an upcoming flight (mid-October), outward was WT+ return was WT. Rang up to change, and in the process was told that the return was also WT+ (E) too, although on MMB it was still showing and WT. Certainly weird this far out, but unfortunately had to change the flights, so will never know. :-(
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by gcuk
My son, recipient of my gold partner card, TCP’d a non status friend to his booking and both were upgraded LHR-EDI
Reminds me of the 10th best joke at this year's fringe festival.

I've got an Eton-themed Advent calendar, where all the doors are opened for me by my dad's contacts.

Getting my coat...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:26 pm

Upped from WT to WT+ on today’s 173 to JFK. I know, but at least it was a bit more comfy.

Now if only UK citizens could use the automated kiosks without purchasing GE. After all, we let Americans use ours now.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:36 pm

Upgraded from WT to WT+ on a LHR-ORD flight (BA295) - new seats were showing in MMB over 24 hours before the flight. Both me (Bronze) and my partner (Silver). Very welcome surprise!
CMK10 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Upgraded to CE a week or so ago on LHR-ARN.

Originally Posted by PAL62V
Now if only UK citizens could use the automated kiosks without purchasing GE. After all, we let Americans use ours now.
I don't think the Americans would pass up the chance to make some money out of FREEDOM and security theatre.
PAL62V and alex67500 like this.

Last edited by Schwann; Aug 21, 2019 at 6:32 pm
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:45 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriot Platinum
Originally Posted by PAL62V
HA! They don't even let AMERICANS use the automated machines without paying for GE
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Prime time for upgrades at the moment with the holiday season and less status pax down the back.

Mentioned above upgraded WT-WTP on the way out to New York last Friday and on Tuesday’s day flight, 178 back from JFK, booked in WTP, upgraded to J overnight, all be it lower deck.

WTP looked completely rammed when I went to stretch my legs. Imagine if you’re on a 747 with the extra J seats, you’ve got a really decent shot as the WTP cabin is very small. Business only about half full (lower deck), much appreciated
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by CKBA
So close... but so far (away)... .

Had to change an upcoming flight (mid-October), outward was WT+ return was WT. Rang up to change, and in the process was told that the return was also WT+ (E) too, although on MMB it was still showing and WT. Certainly weird this far out, but unfortunately had to change the flights, so will never know. :-(
Did you previously enquire about (and not follow through with) upgrading the return from WT to WTP?

I’ve seen similar behavior in the past where I’ve called up to upgrade from WTP to CW and asked them to price the “taxes”, in the process they held the seat and attached it to the ticket. I didn’t end up going through with the upgrade (because of some outrageous cash charge on a complicated ticket) but MMB continued to show it as being in CW. When it came to checking in and my actual seat, it was sadly in WTP.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL
I got an upgrade to CE on my recent positioning flight to ARN. Interestingly I had had the "limited offer" POUG message for quite some time on this leg, which I had not taken up. I ended up in 1F which was a little surprising for a gate upgrade, but it was a nice way to start my trip.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA
I think I might have a FLUB seat tomorrow. Ba225 LHR-MSY. Booked CW.
Online Check in allowed me to pick seats 1A and 2A for my dad and me. Seat numbers on our mobile boarding pass etc.
Seat maps look pretty empty though so not too convinced it will stick.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 5:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
OpUp on BA279 LHR - SJC WTP to J
never been more thankful for an upgrade after 3 days of heavy drinking
CMK10 and mhy like this.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 6:08 am

My first as a sliver member yesterday from row 4 to row 1 in “business” on the epic 32 min Finnair LED-HEL service. Interestingly done at the gate in LED, which I didn’t think happened in Russian airports. Decent leg room for the whole front row in their E190, not that it mattered for that length of flight!
CMK10 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.