Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New rates are now in force [thread for discussions about the changes]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New rates are now in force [thread for discussions about the changes]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:47 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by rxfleming
Have to agree with there being more availability.

LHR-DXB for example over christmas, there are 3 F seats available for redemption nearly every day in December. Some days have 6 or 7 F seats available. I've never seen that before in my life.
Do we need to arrange a cheeky little, pre-Christmas Eastern adventure...?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
...and the morning flight to LBA, and the evening flight to LBA?

/ducks
Oi! Don't make me come down there!

(The schedules are quite infrequent so it takes a bit of organizing ...)

Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: LOTS
Is there a table which explains how many Avios are required to use the 241 voucher? Has the amount increased as much as for upgrades?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by fincastle84
Is there a table which explains how many Avios are required to use the 241 voucher? Has the amount increased as much as for upgrades?
There's no special magic for the 241 other than: it only works for full redemptions, and the 2nd pax isn't charged any Avios but pays taxes/fees/charges.

So find two (full) redemption seats to your destination of choice - either peak or off-peak - and with your 241 added on top it will cost you only the Avios for 1 pax instead of 2.

Read the 241 voucher's T&Cs for the small print (UK-issued Amex 241 vouchers apply for trips starting ex-UK, etc etc)
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Booked a couple of TXL-AUH flights at the old rates. Given the minimal taxes I don't mind holding these for a while, then if I do need them I'll just have them changed to the dates I want next year. Worth letting BA hold a couple of hundred quid in exchange for saving 50k Avios per round trip for 2 pax if we do decide to go.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:24 am

There's no special magic for the 241 other than: it only works for full redemptions, and the 2nd pax isn't charged any Avios but pays taxes/fees/charges.

So find two (full) redemption seats to your destination of choice - either peak or off-peak - and with your 241 added on top it will cost you only the Avios for 1 pax instead of 2.

Read the 241 voucher's T&Cs for the small print (UK-issued Amex 241 vouchers apply for trips starting ex-UK, etc etc)
I've been successfully using my 241s for several years between LHR & CPT, travelling in either F or CW. This did require either 150,000 or 100,00 Avios for my companion. I'm unable to find any information on possible changes, either on the Amex or BA website. Is it me????
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've been successfully using my 241s for several years between LHR & CPT, travelling in either F or CW. This did require either 150,000 or 100,00 Avios for my companion. I'm unable to find any information on possible changes, either on the Amex or BA website. Is it me????
The changes doesn't affect the 241, just the base Avios. So whatever the new Avios cost is for a single person that route (do a dummy booking), that's the new Avios cost when using a 241 too.

In other words, yes, its you
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:53 am

It's gone up. Either do a dummy booking, or read the wiki at the top of

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...b-changes.html

Changes to standard flight redemption rates

Variable rates introduced divided into Off-peak and Peak

For Peak time (school holidays and other busy times), and partner costs

Club World increases - from x2.0 to x3.0 multiplier (50% increase)
First increases - from x3.0 to x4.0 multiplier (33% increase)

For Off Peak time (including every Tuesday and Wednesday throughout the year)

Club World increases by 25% from current values
First increases by 13% from current values
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Paralytic
The changes doesn't affect the 241, just the base Avios. So whatever the new Avios cost is for that route (do a dummy booking), that's the new cost when using a 241 too.
That's not how it used to be. There is no way previously that you could fly LHR-CPT return in F for 150,000 Avios.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
That's not how it used to be. There is no way previously that you could fly LHR-CPT return in F for 150,000 Avios.
Yes you could! It is a long way but BA fiddled the charts so it came in as a 50k (for Y) route.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Has anyone had any points credited since the change for bookings made before the change to see if they are being credited correctly or not?

My QR booking now shows 80 TPs in MMB but it was showing the original 140 TPs until the change.

I know a lot of people have said that BA will honour old earnings correctly but does anyone have confirmation if this is being done automatically or if I will have to phone BAEC when I return?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I know a lot of people have said that BA will honour old earnings correctly (...)
...if you're travelling on BA metal or a BA codeshare. Otherwise you may be out of luck. See:

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
The changes only apply to bookings made on or after 28th April 2015, all bookings made before 28th April, regardless of travel date, will earn and collect at the previous rates. This excludes any bookings made on our Airline Partners that do not have a BA flight number.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...if you're travelling on BA metal or a BA codeshare. Otherwise you may be out of luck. See:
BA previously said (to me anyway) it would honour them in all circumstances

It may well be a mistake made by an agent

I am looking forward to writing a sarcastic complaint
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Calchas

Which mistake by which agents? My money is on the telephone agents being wrong when they said the pre-deval rates would be honoured for non-codeshare Partner flights taken post-deval.

I bet BA insist on the devalued rates for all Partner flights not on codeshares, irrespective of booking date.

Nice. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to tell you you need to find a cushion to work out your anger at BA
Old Apr 29, 2015, 11:57 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Calchas

My bookings in Economy made prior to 28th April are now showing lower avios and TPs - new rates for any flight booked under partner codeshare.

I have a IB7538 (LHR-SIN op by BA) and it is in 'O' class and shows half Avios and TPs of what it was showing couple of days ago in MMB.

It is exactly the other way around for BA codeshares on other partners, I have BA1505 (DFW-LHR op by AA) is still showing full Avios and TPs.

I would be quite annoyed if all my partner coded Economy flights earned the lower rates now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.