Wiki Posts
Search

Feeling very "corporate-wage-slave" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 5:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Flying from MAN Karfa? I thought you only ever start in LBA!
Good point. I should have done LBA-LHR-BRU of course! I like to go from MAN occasionally for a change
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Worcester
Surely feeling C-W-S is a GGL benefit only?
We don't do that, 'cos he'll only feel Grumpy!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:01 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Whilst I'll never compete with c-w-s, 9 flights in 5 days - including the two TATL's - is about my most intense schedule, and even then it was mostly down the Eastern seaboard - albeit all in Y. Fortunately it was an interesting trip visiting a number of different technology companies, so my mind was still fairly active by the time I got back.

I did make an attempt to top it up by adding a short notice three day NWI-AMS-SFO-FAT-SFO-AMS-NWI itinerary about a week after I got back, again in Y. The rather suspicious immigration officer did ask me how long it was since I was last in the US ...

I actually wonder now, I guess getting on for 10 years later, how my body actually put up with it, and then I realise I'm not quite as youthful as I once was and many things are actually falling apart ... .
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:05 am

Programs: Mucci; BA, LT GGL; QF, platinum; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Returned from YVR, after skiing with Mme M1, on easter Monday, got into GVA late, repacked to go to IAD at 0730 next morning, got back Sat, repacked to go on 0730 to LOS next morning, got back on Fri, now have two weeks at home.
PS Uncle T is a mere youngster!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:08 am

Programs: BA Gold
Booked a trip for early next year on QR to go to Malaysia, flying from CDG as it was significantly cheaper than anywhere else. Booked positioning flights on BA to get from LHR to CDG

On the way out it's not too bad (bracketed stuff is time between flights): LHR-CDG-(4 Hours)-DOH-(2hrs 15)-KUL-(4 nights)-LGK-(8 nights)

However, the way back is going to be brutal: LGK-KUL-(5 hours)-DOH-(8 hours)-CDG-(3 hours)-LHR

Only the KUL-DOH section is overnight - and given I can never really sleep on planes anyway...

Stupidest one I ever did was tacking a JFK-SEA-JFK onto a LCY-JFK-LHR work trip so I could go to the Boeing factory etc, but getting my dates mixed up when booking so spent a grand total of 9 hours in Seattle as opposed to 33
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:33 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
My next 20 days, but I've done much better than this..

- LHR/DOH/LOS/DOH/LHR
- LHR/TLV/LHR
- LHR/DOH/NBO/DOH/LHR
Old Apr 20, 2015, 6:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I've never been a Kemal kebabs prized customer, but I have an Itsu card and I came third in an egg and spoon race once.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: Meh
A few years back I was a project lead for our JNB operation. I was in SLC at the corporate HQ. We had a very young baby so I refused to temporarily move us all to JNB so ended up spending two weeks a month in JNB, two weeks in SLC.

So for 10 months I did:
SLC-LAX-LHR-JNB and back every two weeks. All in J thankfully but it was draining.

P.S. After completing the project they tried to lump me with another major one involving the same thing going over and back to Perth.....I left the company and moved back to Europe where there is life out side of work
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
LHR-DXB-HKG-SYD-MEL-BNE-SYD-SIN-LHR in 10 days. Had to work at every stop. Didn't do it HBO though, so not sure if it counts in c-w-s world.

Quite a few "3 Asian cities in 5 days", a RTW in 9 days (only 4 sectors though) and one unexpectedly painful LHR-EWR-LHR-LAX in 4 days which did odd things to my body clock.All for work.

In some ways I actually find a relentless stream SH day trips / overnighters worse than the LH. I need a few weeks on the ground every now and then, don't know how c-w-s keeps it up.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA, Hilton.
I have a DUB-LHR-PEK-SJW-PEK-PVG-WNZ-XMN-CAN-HKG-LHR-DUB in about 4.5 days to look forward to soon. Most of them are short haul though so not that exciting.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Priority Club Blue, SPG Gold, Sofitel Gold, FB Ivory, BA Blue
Worst CWS jount for me? MAN -> LHR -> AA flight to LAX -> Air Pacific flight (ugh) to NAN -> two nights in a backpacker place (knee deep, whenever walking outside my room), because Nadi was under 12ft of flood water, packed flight to Suva (plane landed just before airport closed, because nearby river was about to burst its banks), taxi to hotel, shower, taxi to office for meetings.....

Edit: Oh, and per beloved corporate travel policy, it was all in Y.

Last edited by Internaut; Apr 20, 2015 at 9:26 am
Old Apr 20, 2015, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC
My only experience that was almost C-W-S like was in 1992 when I did LHR-AMS-JFK-LAX-SFO-LAX-SEA-SLC-BUR-MCO-JFK-AMS-LHR in 7 days. However it was all economy standby on KLM/Delta with HBO.

A friend of mine once did Ascension Island to Stanley and back and didn't land, the aircraft was much lighter on the return leg too! ;-)
strowger likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Nimrod1965
A friend of mine once did Ascension Island to Stanley and back and didn't land, the aircraft was much lighter on the return leg too! ;-)
A short hop then for the mighty V!
Old Apr 20, 2015, 1:59 pm

Managed a GLA-LHR-YYZ-YHZ-YQX-YHZ-EWR-GLA last November with exactly 72 hours between departure and arrival at GLA. The most head-melting part was timeszones, particularly at YQX where they're a half hour displaced from YHZ
Old Apr 20, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by aahch
Managed a GLA-LHR-YYZ-YHZ-YQX-YHZ-EWR-GLA last November with exactly 72 hours between departure and arrival at GLA. The most head-melting part was timeszones, particularly at YQX where they're a half hour displaced from YHZ
Trust me when I say that Newfoundland is more than half an hour different from the rest

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.