Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feeling very "corporate-wage-slave" thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
I flew to HKG a few years ago to collect an award from one of my customers, arrived in time for quick change of clothes, award ceremony, sleep, sightsee for a few hours, then off to the airport to fly back home.
No jetlag on such a short trip, just very tiring
Old Apr 19, 2015, 8:48 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
This week, I have got...

LHR - AUH (mon)
DXB - LHR - JFK (tue)
JFK - LHR (wed)

I'd be feeling quite C-W-S about it, except its all in Y....
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:08 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Surely feeling C-W-S is a GGL benefit only?
TTmex likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 10:28 am
Moz

Programs: BA Gold, Delta SM, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold
Craziest one I did was: CHS-ATL-LAX-SYD-NRT-BKK-HKG-JFK-CHS over 8 days.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXEC PLAT, TK*G
Originally Posted by BotB
Anyone else?

Not so much c-w-s because I was connecting from BKK, also on OS from VIE to OTP they had this 12 rows C cabin all for me.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I needed to fly DUS-BUD, the TA suggested DUS-JFK-LHR-BUD that I declined.

I also declined to fly home Fri evening from KUL and head back Sun evening to BKK. A few years ago I might have done it, but I appreciated a weekend in BKK on company dime more than the extra TPs/Avios

But when I was still M&M SEN, I did fly ZRH-MUC-VIE-GVA-BUD-WAW instead of ZRH-WAW to requalify.

And once I had a whole B737 all for myself on HEL-BUD on MA
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Just remembered, aside from the fondling of the bovine I did once connect straight from a 12 hour flight to a 14 hour one. It was done in F and J so hardly tough going.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
I have booked an 11 day holiday which involves overnights in 5 different cities and one night on a train.

I also have the same bag as CWS
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:14 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Prospero
I love it

Please tell me more about your tea. Was it Sachertorte flavoured? It does look rather viscose
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I thought it was hot chocolate when I first looked

the tea was actually quite good (I believe Messmer tea), which they also have in the lounges, however, I had just added some milk to the tea and realised I no longer had a spoon to stir it with, having just had my meal tray taken away...so was 'roughing' it, hence the look of the tea (it does look rather different in the picture to what I remember hmmm, maybe the crew realised I needed some alcohol and slipped it in...)

Anyway, great to see some other pics and stories, long may they continue and long may c-w-s reign :-:
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Last fall I had 19 flights (1540 TP) in 50 days. That's roughly my limit, and I usually have 2-3 stretches like this per year, with more minimal travels the rest of the year.

That particular stretch was PHX-SFO-PHL-YOW-PHL-PHX-ATL-PHX-BOS-PHX-LHR-MAN//LGW-AMS-LCY//LHR-PHX-BWI//DCA-JFK//EWR-ORD-LAS-PHX (5 BA flights, ET, CE and CW, including old F as CW, 11 flights on US in F, and 3 flights on AA in F).

Really the short haul flights are what made it painful. A five day, five segment trip on domestic F feels worse to me than a five day TATL or TPAC trip in J.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:36 pm

Day returns to NYC.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 7:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
#1YTO-ZRH-BOM-LON-YTO-YVR, spending a few hours on the ground in BOM
#2 HKG-YVR-SFO stop 2 days
SFO-IAD-LON stop 24 hours
LON-OSL-LON stop 2 days
LON-YTO stop 14 hours
YTO-MIA-LAX stop 8 hours
LAX-CHI stop 8 hours
CHI-LON stop 4 days
LON-HKG
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, FB Gold, Bonvoy Titanium / LTP, Accor Plat
VII-HAN-HKG-SFO-MIA-LAX-HKG-SGN-VII, for 4 days of training in Miami. But on the one hand all in Y, and on the other hand I spent a night in SFO to recover from the first transpacific.

First time I ever had to adjust to a 12 hour difference. Now that's jetlag.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 9:46 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
In Feb I did BHX-AMS-DOH-DXB-DOH-DMM-RUH-DMM-DOH-KWI-DXB-DOH-AMS-BHX. 10 day trip.
Then last month it was BHX-DUB-LCY-JFK-PHX-LAS-ORD-JFK-IAH-PIT-ORD-TUL-ORD-LHR-DUB-BHX. 12 day trip.
Now it's LHR-OSL-LHR-SIN-SYD-PER-DRW-PER-SYD-BNE-SYD-SIN-HKT-SIN-LHR. 20 day trip.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
A slightly different angle on this. I always imagine CWS being greeted by pilots and cabin crew as a long lost friend whenever he is flying.

On that basis I have flown very many sectors in recent weeks with Ryanair mainly out of EDI and STN, always sitting in 1A or 1C. Have encountered the same crew members and pilots quite a few times and have enjoyed chatting with them after they recognized me. Quite a nice feeling and what I imagine every flight is like for CWS on BA!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.