FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Feeling very "corporate-wage-slave" thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1673112-feeling-very-corporate-wage-slave-thread.html)

BotB Apr 18, 2015 2:44 pm

Feeling very "corporate-wage-slave" thread

A fun thread which I hope will find resonance:

Post your c-w-s experience here...whether that be travelling some ridiculous schedule for the next day or two, drinking tea when you could be pissing it up, coffee mug shots in foreign climes, anything of the sort associated with our BAEC guru on the forum...

I couldn't help but feel very c-w-s on my latest flight from LHR to VIE (granted on OS) with 6 rows of business and only two people seated there (me being one of them :) )

Upon choosing tea to drink (i needed to be sober upon arrival) I was provided with my own tea pot and had the front row to myself...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7613/...c2ac2453_c.jpg
Feeling very much like royalty aka cws
by BA_pics, on Flickr

Anyone else?

headingwest Apr 18, 2015 2:59 pm

Austrian are actually very good. I was in economy last week on the VIE-OTP route, but I upgraded to a schnitzel meal for 15 EUR. I had an empty seat next to me and I really felt like I was travelling in Club Europe for a fraction of the cost. The guy sat nearest wasn't very happy with his bag of complimentary pretzels. I did feel a bit smug. :-)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...800x533%29.jpg

sajgidda Apr 18, 2015 3:00 pm

I have 72,000 miles worth of travel booked so far, between May 29th and August 14th. That figure may increase depending on potential meetings but as of now it's 95% leisure... Off the top of my head that pace is equivalent to around 375k miles per year, and while that is a number I'm sure a good number of people are hitting, I have absolutely no desire to sustain that pace for more than a few weeks. Hats off to the people who do it and enjoy it!

Prospero Apr 18, 2015 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by BotB (Post 24685091)
Upon choosing tea to drink (i needed to be sober upon arrival) I was provided with my own tea pot and had the front row to myself...

I love it :)

Please tell me more about your tea. Was it Sachertorte flavoured? It does look rather viscose :)

Tobias-UK Apr 18, 2015 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 24685142)
... Please tell me more about your tea. Was it Sachertorte flavoured? It does look rather viscose :)

I thought it was hot chocolate when I first looked :eek:

DaveNCL Apr 18, 2015 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 24685153)

I thought the churros had been scoffed.

orbitmic Apr 18, 2015 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 24685153)

Me too! :D Knowning the food on Austrian though, it could as well be gulash-flavoured, it would still be very good!!

fourspoons Apr 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Last week I flew LHR-YYC and back the next day for a meeting at my employer's office that lasted a total of 2 hours. Does that count?

PETER01 Apr 18, 2015 3:32 pm

Well I am going to imitate corporatae-wage-slave for one day only starting tomorrow afternoon. (3 flights in 24 hours) as I feel very corporate-wage-slavish (Is that a word?)

Flying back to the UK in BA F tomorrow (1K :cool:), busy working (well typing a TR) and then I have his nice Coffee Mug to look forward to using whilst he is on holiday (he's on holiday :eek:)!) when I arrive in the CCR on Monday morning (someone has to keep it 'warm' and us Ambassadors should be sharing things like this more) :p

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800...908/m7VDT8.jpg

;)

Aztec_Flyer Apr 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by fourspoons (Post 24685243)
Last week I flew LHR-YYC and back the next day for a meeting at my employer's office that lasted a total of 2 hours. Does that count?

Only if we're counting short-haul! :p

Banana4321 Apr 18, 2015 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by fourspoons (Post 24685243)

Pah! I've been to NY for the day to attend a 30 min meeting once. Was in the last century though. Immigration were very suspicious that I had no bags, not even HBO (which was probably unwise actually but these were pre FT days)

livingforever Apr 18, 2015 4:39 pm

I've got you all beat- I flew to Canberra/Sydney from London two years in a row to do a 20-minute presentation at the same conference.

Admittedly, I tacked on some days' holiday to make the whole thing vaguely worthwhile but it was still kind of excessive.

britsv Apr 18, 2015 6:25 pm

Yes I had a few of those in the 90s: basically a day trip London-Sydney (leave Tuesday night, arrive Thursday morning, sleep, go to meeting Friday morning, flight back Friday afternoon, arrive London Saturday morning, at least it was CW out and F back), and 3 trips to Buenos Aires (1 from London, 2 from SFO) with a total of 1 night spent in the country.

HIDDY Apr 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by livingforever (Post 24685491)
I've got you all beat- I flew to Canberra/Sydney from London two years in a row to do a 20-minute presentation at the same conference.

What was your presentation about? Utilising employees time to the maximum?

Apart from putting my hand up a cows rear end I don't recall ever having any c-w-s moments.

Saltire74 Apr 18, 2015 7:59 pm

Many years ago, I flew over the Sahara 6 times in a week. Another CWSish travel programme had me flying LHR-DEL Y out J return 4 times in 9 days and when I arrived home after the last one got a phone call about an hour into my sleep catching up time to go to SYD that night :eek:.

Another one burned into memory was LHR(LO)-WAW(LO)-SZZ(LO)-WAW(LO)-FRA(LH)-MNL(CX)-HKG(CX)-LHR all in a oner.

Oohh, those were the days and that is just a small sample.

I blame all of that flying on my expanded waist line..........

Safe & Happy Travels

S