Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gold card holder failed mixed fleet assessment :(

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold card holder failed mixed fleet assessment :(

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

In a way I can understand why they prefer not to give true feedback to those who have been unsuccessful as it could attract unwelcome attention....and giving false feedback is no use to anyone.

Hard luck SohoBoy1A. How about getting some experience with another airline first before you apply again?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:12 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by SohoBoy1A
I didn't have the opportunity to say that I was GCH, I was going to mention it on the interview.
If you reapply in 12 Months and get to Interview stage... I urge you not to mention it.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by BLHD
If you reapply in 12 Months and get to Interview stage... I urge you not to mention it.
Out of curiosity - why not?

Of course, bragging about it in a DYKWIA kind of way would be suicide in any interview, but I would have thought that bringing up that you fly quite a bit could suggest you don't see CC as some kind of romantic or glamorous job.

But this is way outside my world, so my musings are entirely just that.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
In a way I can understand why they prefer not to give true feedback to those who have been unsuccessful as it could attract unwelcome attention....and giving false feedback is no use to anyone.

Hard luck SohoBoy1A. How about getting some experience with another airline first before you apply again?
I thought about it, but I could only see myself working for British Airways as cabin crew. I understand you have suggested it for me to get some experience. But no other airlines interest me the slightest.

Also, during the recruiting process yesterday, there was another three cc, one from Easy Jet, one girl from Alitalia and a ex BA Gatwick cc, and none of them got through.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
Out of curiosity - why not?

Of course, bragging about it in a DYKWIA kind of way would be suicide in any interview, but I would have thought that bringing up that you fly quite a bit could suggest you don't see CC as some kind of romantic or glamorous job.

But this is way outside my world, so my musings are entirely just that.
Generally speaking and not relating this to any Individual at all... It's hard to train someone who knows a lot about the product they will deliver, BA want to teach you, not correct your knowledge.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by BA or bust
+1. I agree, it is very important to give unsuccesful applicants feedback. Not only does it protect your reputation as a decent employer it also helps people develop. I have seen people that I have rejected for a role go away, train, develop and improve their approach and come back and be successful a few years later.
Giving feedback to an employee is one thing but I don't think there is anything wrong with not giving any feedback to an applicant for the job.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Agree with BLHD.

BA are clear they want things done their way.
As I earlier posted, knowing too much isn't always helpful......
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Giving feedback to an employee is one thing but I don't think there is anything wrong with not giving any feedback to an applicant for the job.
Whilst I could certainly understand not giving feedback on the first phase of the initial submission of the application, as BA probably receive, hundred if not thousands of applications per role and would clearly take time to get back to every entry. However, for people who have had to take time to, prepare, attend assessments and interviews and on some cases take days off work. Surely its common courtesy to at least give some basic feedback to the applicant.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Snip....

Last year I applied for a senior-ish role, had an interview, was told that I hadn't got the role, but was refused any feedback whatsoever. I'll never apply for a role at BA again on the basis of this experience.

That's my experience.

That's my view too....
About 15 years ago I was approached for a senior-ish role and was interviewed at Waterside and had exactly the same treatment. About six months later, after I had changed jobs I came across my interviewer at a conference and he made sure I did not have the chance to speak to him.

So at least it is a long standing policy not to give feedback.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:32 am

seems pretty standard industrywide, Impossible to get feedback from Ryanair when rejected as an FO 3 years back.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:39 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 8_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/600.1.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/8.0 Mobile/12B466 Safari/600.1.4)

Originally Posted by Paralytic
Originally Posted by BA or bust
+1. I agree, it is very important to give unsuccesful applicants feedback. Not only does it protect your reputation as a decent employer it also helps people develop.
Does BA still have a reputation of being a decent employer. Or even any pretence of wanting to be? I'd say no to both.
I think the BBC fly-on-the-wall "documentary" showed us enough info to know that very little about BA's recruitment approach is best in class.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:25 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, I was thinking that if I joined Mixed Fleet I may travel a little less than now. CCR is already in the bag, luckily.
...does that mean lifetime GGL is almost upon you then CWS?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by ratechaser

...does that mean lifetime GGL is almost upon you then CWS?
...and that LTGGL comes with a CCR card? At present, it doesn't, AFAIK.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
Commiserations SohoBoy1A. I'd definitely give it another go, or even maybe have a look around other airlines? I've been looking for part-time jobs for the past few months whilst studying, and the lack of them did shock me. I got asked to interview for one job back in October, unfortunately didn't get it, got asked again about 2 weeks ago, went to another interview and got a call a week ago to say I got it.

Not quite on the same scale, but after I knew how the process worked the first time, I was so much more comfortable during the interview! I wouldn't mention that you are a GCH, maybe just mention that you have flown fairly frequently with BA in the past, and that you have always had a big interest in the airline etc!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paul4040
...and that LTGGL comes with a CCR card? At present, it doesn't, AFAIK.
LT GGL does include Concorde Room access at present.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.