Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gold card holder failed mixed fleet assessment :(

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold card holder failed mixed fleet assessment :(

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:09 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
LT GGL does include Concorde Room access at present.
OT, especially as my LT will not last long enough to qualify for LTGGL, but does anyone know approximately how many LTGGL members there are?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:11 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by SohoBoy1A
I thought about it, but I could only see myself working for British Airways as cabin crew. I understand you have suggested it for me to get some experience. But no other airlines interest me the slightest.
I'm slightly concerned for you SohoBoy1A that this is a bit of an obsession rather than a sensible long-term career choice?
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by golfmad
I'm slightly concerned for you SohoBoy1A that this is a bit of an obsession rather than a sensible long-term career choice?
Surely having a job you love is far more important than having a horrible job just because it's the right long term career? Last time I checked isn't that why all people join MF? I wouldn't call it a sensible choice but they do look very happy on social media...
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Calum
Surely having a job you love is far more important than having a horrible job just because it's the right long term career? Last time I checked isn't that why all people join MF? I wouldn't call it a sensible choice but they do look very happy on social media...
I wasn't referring to the job itself but the fixation on only working for one specific airline.

(PS, what's MF?)
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:44 pm

I wasn't referring to the job itself but the fixation on only working for one specific airline.

(PS, what's MF?)
Oh I see, well I can understand as I wouldn't want to work for EZY, RYR, VIR.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:45 pm

I'm assuming sohoboy is in a position to choose what he wishes to do rather than what he has to do. May be wrong.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:57 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
(PS, what's MF?)
Mixed Fleet.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Mixed fleet.
Oh, that MF! Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:04 pm

Bad luck Sohoboy - but rest assured that few people manage to get into BA on the first application. You did well to get as far as the selection day!

FWIW, BMI crew had the option to transfer directly into Eurofleet or to apply for Mixed Fleet and acceptance of a new contract (in return for a cash payment). Of those who applied for MF, only 20% got past the secection panel.

IMO feedback from any application process isn't worth a twopenny damn! If you screwed up, then if you cast your mind back you can work out where it was. If you didn't, someone else may have ballsed it up for you (the Group Exercise can be a real PITA and if you get a loudmouth or two, or someone who keeps throwing negatives into the discussion, then it can steer the group in the wrong direction and cast a cloud over the observers. With the best will in the world, if they feel downcast watching the group exercise, they aren't going to look favourably on your group.)

If you have really set your heart on MF, go for it again or apply for other BA vacancies that may crop up or other airline crew jobs. It's easier once you're an internal applicant or, if you're flying for someone else, you'll get to know the sort of qualities selection panellists asre looking out for.

Good Luck! ^
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:05 pm

Oh, that MF! Thanks.
My pleasure.

Happy to assist a new Ambassador!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
OT, especially as my LT will not last long enough to qualify for LTGGL, but does anyone know approximately how many LTGGL members there are?
26. Several are here on FT.

I think FT skews perceptions, Lifetime gold seems a fairly normal thing for people in their 50s and even 40s to have.

Here's a list of known GGLFLers on BAFT
  • morges1
  • hiddy
  • Anakin2255

CWS and Tobias-UK are on the verge I believe (CWS promised bragging when he reached it)
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Well done for applying for a career you believed was right for you. It takes a lot of courage to change careers, especially from what sounds like an office job to something so different. I've contemplated it many times but sadly can't afford the drop in pay due to a number of other commitments at the moment. If that wasn't an issue, I would love to join the Mixed Fleet programme! For now, I am making the most of my very generous annual leave to fly around the world whenever I can..
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Honestly, I think you had a lucky escape from MF!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Calum
I think you will find in the real world that most people tolerate rather than love their jobs as solely a means to an end in order to pay the bills and if they are luckier, get to pay for things they enjoy.

Chase your dream if you wish but remember dreams don't last forever.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
On the subject of application feedback, I doubt that there is really much to say. Most likely almost everybody who attends interview is qualified and could probably achieve a certain degree of success if offered the job. But the employer will just like some people more than others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.