Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Gold card holder failed mixed fleet assessment :(

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold card holder failed mixed fleet assessment :(

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:34 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
That's very poor form
+1. I agree, it is very important to give unsuccesful applicants feedback. Not only does it protect your reputation as a decent employer it also helps people develop. I have seen people that I have rejected for a role go away, train, develop and improve their approach and come back and be successful a few years later.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by BA or bust
+1. I agree, it is very important to give unsuccesful applicants feedback. Not only does it protect your reputation as a decent employer it also helps people develop. I have seen people that I have rejected for a role go away, train, develop and improve their approach and come back and be successful a few years later.
Completely agree. Maybe they don't give it proactively, but refusing if someone asked would be dark ages behaviour for a public company of their size.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Originally Posted by thiz
I think it adds up fine...

I'm a Qantas Platinum and applied for mixed fleet too. Luckily I was accepted and will be starting soon.

Sorry to hear you didn't get through SohoBoy1A You can always re-apply next year.
Welcome to the BA Flyertalk Forum Thiz! Congrats on your new job
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
I didn't have the opportunity to say that I was GCH, I was going to mention it on the interview.

Last edited by SohoBoy1A; Feb 13, 2015 at 1:11 am
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by SohoBoy1A
I didn't have the opportunity, I was going to mention it on the interview.
Not that it's relevant, but I would wager that would have been the wrong thing to do.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
That's very poor form
Giving feedback in any but the most anodyne form can open you up to (endless) correspondence, challenge and argument.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by TPJ
Seriously? BAEC Gold? Wanting to be a MF F/A?

Something does not add up here...
didn't one of our forum-colleages achieve the same combination (BAEC Gold + BA cabin crew), though travelling there in the opposite direction ?

..and if you are puzzled by perceived status of employment, I offer you a fully-fledged medic friend who joined BA's cabin crew.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:16 am
Original Poster

I did ask them at the end what I could improve, and what I did wrong. They couldn't tell me anything, they told me to try again in 12 months time.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stez
I'm not sure what doesn't add up here?
Well, basic pay is 12,000/year, for one thing...
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:28 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Giving feedback in any but the most anodyne form can open you up to (endless) correspondence, challenge and argument.
Which is why interview training (which I have been on) includes training on how to provide feedback, in a way that is helpful but avoids perpetual argument.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Ivory (no more AF), Accor Plat, VS Silver, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Completely agree. Maybe they don't give it proactively, but refusing if someone asked would be dark ages behaviour for a public company of their size.

Especially as anyone interested in understanding how they performed is a more interesting candidate to start with. Plus, bunging in 6 or so will get the information on a Data Protection Act request in any event.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:34 am

Originally Posted by TPJ
Seriously? BAEC Gold? Wanting to be a MF F/A?

Something does not add up here...
Why wouldn't it?

If it's an ambition SohoBoy has why not go for it?

There is quite a few staff who hold FF cards due to spending their hard earned money on proper tickets, just like yourself.

I am sorry you did not make it through this time Sohoboy, but nothing stops you from trying again. Don't give up just yet.
My recruitment days were, well, quite a while ago , and yes it was very hard and nerve wrecking.
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ba_cityflyer
Well, basic pay is 12,000/year, for one thing...
Initially I was going to earn half of what I currently earn, but I was following my dreams and my heart. I am heartbroken now
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:37 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk thiz

Originally Posted by thiz
I'm a Qantas Platinum and applied for mixed fleet too. Luckily I was accepted and will be starting soon.

Sorry to hear you didn't get through SohoBoy1A You can always re-apply next year.
Welcome to Flyertalk thiz, welcome to the BA board, and it's great to see you here - and indeed there too. Congratulations on joining BA - I look forward to meeting you soon! I always invite new members of FT to continue posting, but in your case - accepting that you are presumably going to have a very busy year ahead - it would be particularly good if you keep us posted on your progress. I'm sure a lot of us would be very interested. Welcome on board.

Commiserations SohoBoy1A, I'm sorry it didn't work out (and the lack of feedback is a shocker - one of the most useful interviews I did was for Cargill, the privately owned agricultural company, many years ago. I didn't get the role, but my goodness they clearly showed their workings out - very useful). Try again in a year, the fact that you are so keen must count for something. I suspect - from the way you have described it - they are doing some form of positive competence assessment - looking for you to demonstrate particular abilities and competences via the role plays.

Incidentally, as I head off into my dotage and consider alternative career options to keep me out of boredom, joining Mixed Fleet has gone across my mind too!
Old Feb 13, 2015, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flier74
Why wouldn't it?

If it's an ambition SohoBoy has why not go for it?

There is quite a few staff who hold FF cards due to spending their hard earned money on proper tickets, just like yourself.

I am sorry you did not make it through this time Sohoboy, but nothing stops you from trying again. Don't give up just yet.
My recruitment days were, well, quite a while ago , and yes it was very hard and nerve wrecking.
Thank you!

Last edited by SohoBoy1A; Feb 13, 2015 at 1:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.