Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
This gives the lounges options available for BA passengers departing from LHR T3. If you flight is departing from T3 you will not have access to the T5 lounges - including Concorde Room - since you must have a same-day T5 boarding pass to get airside in T5. If your flight is from T3, then you need to use the T3 lounges, your boarding pass will not work in T5. As it happens there is a good range of lounges available in T3, details below.

For breakfast options for BA Gold / Emerald / First travellers, there is a photo guide in post 291, click here. Note the Qantas lounge only opens at 08:00 hrs.

LHR Terminal 3 First Class Lounges

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...e-reviews.html

LHR Terminal 3 Business Class Lounges

Print Wikipost

Best T3 OneWorld Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
There is quite a bit of relevant discussion in this thread and the wiki:
Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Disregard the fact it was started in 2015, questions and discussion have been regularly posted to it through last year.
Also see:
Lounge Tips - LHR Xmas & Jan-Feb 19
LHR T3 Lounges
A LHR T3 Lounge Question
Best OW (Sapphire) T3 Lounge to do work in
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Geordie405
I hate to say this, but I really dislike the QF lounge at LHR. It just seems too sterile for me, plus the dining room is never open when I am there. The food choices don't really appeal either - the buffet always looks trashed and the combination of foods doesn't really work. However, that's just my view and others may have different viewpoints.
Have to agree, only the upstairs has been open when I've been, and I much preferred the CX lounge.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Agree with the OP, when you open these OW T3 threads there is usually a preponderance of Gold Card people talking about the merits of CX First etc., but it's less useful to us humble J/OWS types.

In Business I would say pop into Qantas first for a quick snifter if there is time, but always head into CX for the place to settle and chill, unless it's very busy with a flight about to leave. The QF lounge comes across as a flourescent-lit canteen with a circular bar (good) and a gin bar (good) attached and could be anywhere (but if it was on your high street you wouldn't bother), whereas the CX one looks and feels like a reasonably luxurious airport lounge where you can remember that you're travelling by air.

Last edited by GCab; Jan 2, 2019 at 1:23 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
I hate to say this, but I really dislike the QF lounge at LHR. It just seems too sterile for me, plus the dining room is never open when I am there. The food choices don't really appeal either - the buffet always looks trashed and the combination of foods doesn't really work. However, that's just my view and others may have different viewpoints.
Agree, I wasn’t too keen on the decor and set-up of the QF lounge, though it generated more indifference than dislike for me. Maybe my expectations were unreasonable, the QF Flounge in SYD is one of my favourite lounges anywhere, and the LHR lounge is an outstation as well as being both J and F. QF has done a better job for me in other major outstation lounges such as SIN, LAX and maybe even HKG.

The food I had at the buffet was decent enough (better than BA, though not CX). I haven’t tried the G&T bar, my couple of visits have been at a time of day when sparkling water is my tipple. I will say that I found the staff in the QF lounge to be very nice.

i would choose CX here, but if the OP has the time, indeed why not both...

Last edited by Oaxaca; Jan 2, 2019 at 1:05 pm
Old Jan 2, 2019, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
There are times when the CX lounge is crowded and the QF lounge is empty. Depending on what you want from a lounge, a very quiet space with a buffet and a few items from the menu may be better than a crowded lounge.

The QF lounge does not get much love around here, but I found it pleasant enough for a short stay when there were maybe 2 other passengers upstairs.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
This is almost repeated as many times as which seat on XXX - take the advice offered several 100 times before. Make your own choice and make your own decision. Use all T3 lounges regularly and all have plus points.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:11 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS, Emirates, Hilton, Marriott, SPG
Controversial, I know, but last time I hit T3 I took a look in the AA Lounge (just Sapphire). Ambience and decor definitely poor but the sweets in bags were something not found elsewhere. And while the white wine selection in the BA Galleries was weak, there was quite a nice Chablis in AA’s bar...
Old Jan 2, 2019, 2:23 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
Agree. Both!! Start of with CX for breakfast and dim sum lunch and then finish off with some gins at the bar in QF - It’s a lot better and less sterile downstairs staying at the bar I think.

Both do barista coffee. Just as ask the bar tender at CX (who incidentally also does cocktails). Gin-wise. My favourites in QF are the Green Ant and Aviation gins. Both excellent and until recently really difficult to get at a good price in the UK.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Agreed with the general sentiment - CX is great all round, you can easily spend some hours in there. QF do a good Aussie style brunch, just be aware the dining room timings are aligned to QF flight departure times. For you, the relevant flight is QF10 LHR-PER, which leaves around midday. So you should get some good food in roughly the 9-11am time period. The lounges are right next to each other so quite easy to go back and forth!
Old Jan 2, 2019, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ZSL Silver
I've only been to QF once, but as a Silver I think it offers a great option for table service in a J lounge. Overall I prefer CX but definitely check out both for yourself. You can't go wrong with either.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Not a fan of the LHR QF lounge either. On the other hand I quite like the AA lounge - a view not widely shared here.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:20 pm

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by WingsAroundtheWorld
For a G&T, Qantas is hands down the best
For decor / ambience / food / showers - I would say CX

Both make the BA lounge look like the third rate airline it now well and truly is!
After all the hype on here about the CX lounge, I tried CX F lounge yesterday. I didn't have as much time as I usually have as the terminal was a zoo with a long long queue even for Fast track security. But bearing in mind the hype with people saying it is better than the CCR, I was underwhelmed. It's nice, but I wouldn't say it was better than the CCR. I had teh dim sum basket and the soup, which was very nice, but no Benedict on the menu now. I'm unconvinced in whether it was better than the BA GF in T3. It's smaller for sure. I was flying AY, so I used the CX lounge as their board updates the AY flight, while in BA lounge it lists the AY flight but with no updates. For anyone flying AY through Helsinki, the premium lounge is closed until March, so everyone is squeezed into the main lounge. Much of the seating is reserved for AY's GGL equivalent, and it is a zoo as AY is still selling lounge access. Also no glasses - self service beer, but thin plastic glasses as they have no kitchen while the refurb to the Premium area is done,.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:17 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by whitespace
Controversial, I know, but last time I hit T3 I took a look in the AA Lounge (just Sapphire). Ambience and decor definitely poor but the sweets in bags were something not found elsewhere. And while the white wine selection in the BA Galleries was weak, there was quite a nice Chablis in AA’s bar...
+1. If you've got a sweet tooth, a quick visit to the AA Lounge for some pick-n-mix is worth the diversion!
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by Row9
+1. If you've got a sweet tooth, a quick visit to the AA Lounge for some pick-n-mix is worth the diversion!
And the Portlebay popcorn! I always snag a packet or two for the flight.

I also find the WiFi good and the table service friendly with decent foid.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Honestly I think all 4 OW lounges are much of a muchness. I tend to rotate between all four.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.