FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

IAANN Aug 13, 2018 9:03 am

Originally Posted by webstereo (Post 30076595)
In which LHR T3 Oneworld lounge would I find the best cooked breakfast at around 8 am on a friday morning?

Cathay. Well, I spend between 6 and 8 mornings per month in the F lounge so I'm kinda well "known" there now, but service is spot on and breakfast/food is amazing. A coffee in Qantas afterwards seal the morning before the flight for me :)

IAANN Aug 13, 2018 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA (Post 30076662)
Couldn't agree more :)

HAHA. CX is rubbish. all Silver and Golf should rush tot he BA lounge asap.

Steve_ZA Aug 13, 2018 9:37 am

Originally Posted by IAANN (Post 30077221)
HAHA. CX is rubbish. all Silver and Golf should rush tot he BA lounge asap.

Within the spirit of self-protectionism I'm actually fairly relaxed with Silvers using the Business Class section, which by all accounts is very good, just stay out of the terrible* First Class bit.

* Alternative fact

gliderpilot Aug 13, 2018 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann (Post 30071791)
Skip the arrivals lounge shower at T5 and head straight to the CX before your trip to HEL. The showers at CX are very nice indeed.

totally agree there. CX showers are great. However, I’m tempted to try the QF showers on my next visit though as they are supposed to be good.

Anyone tried both? Any thoughts?

rossmacd Aug 13, 2018 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 30078110)

totally agree there. CX showers are great. However, I’m tempted to try the QF showers on my next visit though as they are supposed to be good.

CX are still better. Don't get me wrong, the QF ones are very good, but I prefer the CX ones personally. If you've been used to the BA NHS style showers, then both are excellent in comparison.

Frequent flyer 101 Aug 13, 2018 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by gliderpilot (Post 30078110)

Tried both and CX are a good bit better. They are larger and have more room. I also find the Qantas showers to be a bit cold (the air, not the water) in winter time. There are better amenities in CX and a lot more thought has gone into the design. For example, the QF taps are motion sensitive which is a shockingly bad idea considering how many people likely want to brush their teeth in there.

mfhpfl Aug 16, 2018 5:57 pm

T3 lounge access

No status but flying BA club Europe to Lisbon on Sunday...is it just the BA lounge I can visit or can I get into the other oneworld lounges, CX etc?

KARFA Aug 16, 2018 6:16 pm

You an visit any of the oneworld J lounges in T3, so any of CX/AA/QF/BA.

cuspidor Aug 17, 2018 2:11 am

My personal preference is the Cathay lounge , never mobbed and very comfortable

T8191 Aug 17, 2018 4:41 am

All very valuable info! We have our first LHR T3 coming up next Feb, and we're there for 4 hours [ex-LGW]. As Golds in J we clearly have free rein!!

Deltus Sep 24, 2018 3:45 am

There was a reader comment on HfP this morning that the food offering in CX J has recently been reduced. Any truth in this? I had breakfast there back in July which seemed fine, and the noodle bar looked to be operational (though I didn't fancy it at 5:45am).

Has anything changed?

FlyerTalker39574 Sep 24, 2018 3:50 am

I like poached eggs and good views, any tips for which lounge to go for at 8am, I’m not gold.

gliderpilot Sep 24, 2018 10:57 am

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 30238556)
There was a reader comment on HfP this morning that the food offering in CX J has recently been reduced. Any truth in this? I had breakfast there back in July which seemed fine, and the noodle bar looked to be operational (though I didn't fancy it at 5:45am).

Has anything changed?

I certainly hope not. Got a few trips through T3 in next few months.

The _Banking_Scot Sep 24, 2018 11:53 am

Originally Posted by Deltus (Post 30238556)

Has anything changed?

Hi,

I walked through CX J at the start of September ( prior to my LAS flight) and it looked like there had been very little change since my previous visit in
I did not try the J food as I had eaten in the F section.

Regards

TBS

xnetco Oct 8, 2018 2:07 am

LHR T3 to LAS: Which Lounge

Hello.

I'm after some advice. Next month I'm going to LAS from LHR T3 on BA. It's an afternoon flight so I'm considering which lounge for lunch. Preferably dining service rather than buffet.

Which lounge would you guys recommend?

Tim