FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

MaxFlyer Nov 17, 2018 1:44 pm

I sampled the 3 oneworld T3 lounges last week and asked the AA agents about the timeframe of when the AA Flagship lounge was due to be renovated (last I heard was by end of 2018). I was told that renovations have been indefinitely delayed and there’s no new date. Disappointing.

snaxmuppet Nov 18, 2018 10:38 am

I was in the T3 CX business lounge yesterday after trying the QF lounge. QF was empty as the early flight had gone so it was very quiet but I felt that the QF lounge was a bit clinical and the seating not too comfy so we moved to CX. I had not tried the CX lounge before but I loved it. Service was good as was the noodle bar (Dan Dan Mein). Nice hot options of stroganoff and a curry with rice and fresh veg. All looked nice. I think the CX lounge could be my fav so far in T3. Just the BA lounge to try now :)

THEOBCMAN Nov 18, 2018 1:11 pm

You really don’t need to try the BA Galleries ! CX biz lounge is the best one in there - lovely place !

bzc Jan 2, 2019 9:06 am

LHR T3: CX-J vs QF lounges

I know there has been many many threads about lounges in LHR T3 but they are mainly dating from before QF lounge openned or comparing QF lounge to CX First Lounge (with the latter usually recommended).

However I'm only OWS so it will have to be one of the business lounge, in this case would you recommend CX or QF?
Flight is around 1pm so I will be there for lunch, a few drinks and enjoy a comfortable seat (with a view if possible). I don't care too much about internet speed or showers.

madfish Jan 2, 2019 9:09 am

CX. Although I am sure that there are many threads from when QF opened (after all it has been open over a year now.)

Also check out the lounge forum.

johnaalex Jan 2, 2019 9:11 am

Why not do both?

mikeyfly Jan 2, 2019 9:13 am

Of course do both - then make your own mind up

thebigben Jan 2, 2019 9:17 am

I'd do both - I like them equally I think.

CX for the best seats overlooking the apron, with comfortable ottomans to stretch on. Good asian food any hour of the day.
QF for the coffee, gin, and healthy food options. Last time they also had a nice range of syrups on offer if you like non-alcoholic drinks.

windowontheAside Jan 2, 2019 9:23 am

Both is an option and then you will know your preference for future trips. I prefer CX over QF but I know others differ.

WingsAroundtheWorld Jan 2, 2019 9:38 am

For a G&T, Qantas is hands down the best
For decor / ambience / food / showers - I would say CX

Both make the BA lounge look like the third rate airline it now well and truly is!

Geordie405 Jan 2, 2019 9:41 am

I hate to say this, but I really dislike the QF lounge at LHR. It just seems too sterile for me, plus the dining room is never open when I am there. The food choices don't really appeal either - the buffet always looks trashed and the combination of foods doesn't really work. However, that's just my view and others may have different viewpoints.

mikeyfly Jan 2, 2019 9:43 am

Qantas upstairs bar make a nice (although rather potent!) cocktail

windowontheAside Jan 2, 2019 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Geordie405 (Post 30599548)
I hate to say this, but I really dislike the QF lounge at LHR. It just seems too sterile for me, plus the dining room is never open when I am there. The food choices don't really appeal either - the buffet always looks trashed and the combination of foods doesn't really work. However, that's just my view and others may have different viewpoints.

Actually I'm with you on this. I haven't been impressed with the buffet food and since I don't drink gin, the much vaunted gin bar is wasted on me. I much prefer the ambience of the CX lounge. But I'm very happy if most people prefer QF :D

Richard Gibson Jan 2, 2019 11:54 am

Just out of curiousity (apologies for hijacking somewhat), if I travel in BA Club out of T3 am I only eligible to use the BA lounge or can I use a partner lounge also?

Scots_Al Jan 2, 2019 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Richard Gibson (Post 30600244)
Just out of curiousity (apologies for hijacking somewhat), if I travel in BA Club out of T3 am I only eligible to use the BA lounge or can I use a partner lounge also?

You can use any of the OW lounges (even AA if you must!!). CX J lounge was very nice (and empty) when we were in it just before lunchtime recently.