FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

corporate-wage-slave Jan 7, 2019 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 30623949)
Hang on, so are First Class passengers able to be treated differently in the BA F lounge in T3? I wasn't aware of that. I'm flying F in August to LAS and was just planning the CX lounge, but didn't regard it as anything special having been in all those F lounges as a Gold card member. I assume no LPGS too. That's the bit I miss from T3.

It's only late on for the South Africa First flights that the CCR Dining food is available, not for LAS, the CCR lounge food is available at all times. LPGS sometimes makes an appearance in T3, it was in the bar sink last week, but I've not worked out how or why that happens. [It gets interesting to see how many people reject it as an option, in favour of the Jeepers, due to the odd shape of the bottle, but that's by the by].

beachfan Jan 7, 2019 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by dylanks (Post 30603420)
I find that it is quite crowded around that time, and usually head to other lounges until around 10:45.

As my flight leaves at 11:30, I may be frozen out. Probably earliest I could get there is 8:45 am. Think I’ll have a hard time with the dragon ladies at that time?

s1362083 Jan 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30624009)
It's only late on for the South Africa First flights that the CCR Dining food is available, not for LAS, the CCR lounge food is available at all times. LPGS sometimes makes an appearance in T3, it was in the bar sink last week, but I've not worked out how or why that happens. [It gets interesting to see how many people reject it as an option, in favour of the Jeepers, due to the odd shape of the bottle, but that's by the by].

That's interesting, I've never actually been to the BA F T3 lounge based on what I've read here, and in my mind it was just the standard BA buffet. I don't think I've found CX F food to be notably better than CCR food, and I do think the CX restaurant area is quite small so I may venture over to try the BA lounge next time if CX is busy.. especially as my next flight is to CPT and so should have the full CCR menu.

tomparskate Jan 10, 2019 10:25 pm

I really like the CX Lounge but prefer CCR dining. But lets be fair to CX here, Their lounge at LHR T3 is an Outstation whereas CCR is at BA's hub. CCR vs The Wing would be a more fair comparison in my opinion.

However I have never been to The Wing so cannot comment unfortunately.

lost_in_translation Jan 11, 2019 1:09 am

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 30623777)
Anyone who says the T3 CX F Lounge is better than the CCR is crazy. The only way the CX lounge is better is for watching planes, being able to sit in front of a window and watch takeoffs is great. Otherwise it's a good First Class Lounge but the CCR is a First Class Lounge+. Furthermore, I don't like having to either eat restaurant food or go to the business class lounge for snacks. I do think it's better than the T3 GF which I find crowded and dingy and badly lit.

Not totally sure if you’re remembering which lounge is which here, I’m afraid. If by ‘restaurant food’ you mean a la carte then the CCR is 100% a la carte and requires flagging down a member of staff to order anything, CX F in contrast has a dining area but also a self-serve snack area with some fairly substantial options in it - perhaps you missed it?

squeeler Jan 17, 2019 2:28 am

Noise levels

This morning I have visited BA F lounge and then made my way to AA F. There is one huge difference IMHO - the noise. Whether it the scraping chairs, flight calls, voices of the passengers, or “all of the above”. But what a difference. Probably last time in AA for me.

kosy91 Jan 17, 2019 6:59 am

Visiting T3 tomorrow for the first time in a while. Is there a menu here for CX F lounge?

Also can I order a cathay delight at the lounge..or is this only available on board?

orbitmic Jan 17, 2019 7:09 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30624009)
It's only late on for the South Africa First flights that the CCR Dining food is available

Do you know what time it starts? is it on for the earlier of the cpt flights which leaves at 18.15? ps: i'm in F on that one anyway but had absolutely no idea it worked for ccr card holders anyway until I saw your earlier post, so great tip! ^

sxc Jan 17, 2019 7:10 am

Originally Posted by kosy91 (Post 30665844)
Visiting T3 tomorrow for the first time in a while. Is there a menu here for CX F lounge?

Also can I order a cathay delight at the lounge..or is this only available on board?

Time to venture out of the BA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...nge-menus.html

kosy91 Jan 17, 2019 7:18 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 30665875)

Time to venture out of the BA forum:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...nge-menus.html

Aha thanks!! :D

corporate-wage-slave Jan 17, 2019 7:59 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 30665873)
Do you know what time it starts? is it on for the earlier of the cpt flights which leaves at 18.15? ps: i'm in F on that one anyway but had absolutely no idea it worked for ccr card holders anyway until I saw your earlier post, so great tip! ^

I think it's about 90 minutes before departure but I'm not wholly sure. You need to be in the Dining Room area in the right corner of the lounge.

orbitmic Jan 17, 2019 8:08 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30666076)
I think it's about 90 minutes before departure but I'm not wholly sure. You need to be in the Dining Room area in the right corner of the lounge.

Thanks - 90 mins before the 18.15?

corporate-wage-slave Jan 17, 2019 8:14 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic (Post 30666106)
Thanks - 90 mins before the 18.15?

Yes, so long as First is sold on it (which would almost always be the case).

jlemon Jan 23, 2019 12:24 pm

I'll be flying in business class from LHR to DFW on AA in the near future. Will I have access to the same lounges in T3 that admit BA CW passengers? The AA website is a bit unclear about this but I think I'll have access to OneWorld lounges as well as the AA facility that admits business class passengers at T3.

The _Banking_Scot Jan 23, 2019 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by jlemon (Post 30691487)
I'll be flying in business class from LHR to DFW on AA in the near future. Will I have access to the same lounges in T3 that admit BA CW passengers? The AA website is a bit unclear about this but I think I have access to OneWorld lounges as well as the AA facility that admits business class passengers at T3.

Hi,

Yes you will (the BA , AA , CX and Qantas Business lounges)

Regards

TBS