FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

Mickidon Sep 1, 22 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34538172)
A menu? I assume in the CX F lounge? CX J lounge doesn't do menus or waiter service.

Last time I was in CX F they didn't do food outside the sit down dining area. Did you go into the F sit down dining area asked for a table, then asked for a menu, and they didn't bother coming to give you a menu? Were there many others in there, it isn't big?

Agree, this sounds like the J lounge. We were in the CX F Lounge two weeks ago and the main seating area has only pantry food, and decent pantry food at that. I walked in to the dining room just to see the
menu and I was greeted quickly by a lovely staffer, menu in hand. We chose to wait to eat on the plane which was a poor decision, given the AA menu/servce that evening. The CX lounge is peaceful and I'd be
happy if the AA Flagship never opened in T 3.

krispy84 Sep 1, 22 8:54 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 34563546)
Just to check, you mean JFK AC or the JFK Flagship lounge? That sounds more like the Flagship offering to me.

Indeed, v surprised if an AC had any (free) champagne, let alone self-pour.

Smid Sep 1, 22 10:23 am

Originally Posted by Donsyb (Post 34563540)
its possible T3 was on request, like BA galleries? Other than the glass offered on arrival.

That sounds exactly like my one and only experience of the AA F lounge. They offered a glass on arrival. Not had it anywhere else (apart from some Hilton exec lounges where they check you in in the lounge), and certainly not in the AA J lounge.

LondonAussie Sep 1, 22 1:54 pm

Does anyone have a photo of a recent menu from the QF or CX F dining rooms? Will be short on time and not sure which one to visit.

xvirginx Sep 1, 22 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34563500)
This is interesting, after trying some reviews of AA's Admiral lounge here here and here, trying forcing it on a google search, and looking at a picture here, I've found no mention of Champagne being served in the old J lounge (Admirals). There's Prosecco clearly in that picture, but the others don't feature anything which looks like fizzy stuff of any kind. We did pop in about... 2015 for a while to look, but I think we had F access, so just skipped through.

No-one has confirmed so far whether the new AA J lounge (whatever it is now called) has Champagne of any kind, be it self pour, bar (which didn't look as if it had) or chase down a server.

Just to make it clear, I'm not doubting you if you saw it in J, but did you mean F? I've no experience of AA JFK lounge, and I think the AA T3 arrivals probably did have it when I was in that before. Head for points couldn't find any in their review, but it could have been tucked away somewhere secret.

I popped in last Saturday as I just wanted a nosey around as I believe it only opened a few weeks ago.. They only had prosecco from what I could see.

They did have a nice Malaysian curry out though which was a nice surprise.

lettezilla Sep 4, 22 11:21 am

Originally Posted by lettezilla (Post 34562960)

So as I said, a niche request, but any T3 hash brown spotting since the pandemic would be most appreciated!

Feeding back in case it's useful to anyone in the future, we went to the AmEx lounge as we were down at that end, and they had a nice hot breakfast buffet, including "potato rostis," AKA hash browns, as well as sparkling wine. Their hot breakfast was actually pretty nice, the omlette was surprisingly good, as were the beans and mushrooms. We then went to Cathay, where my guy had some noodles and dim sum, they also had hot buffet English breakfast foods, but no potato of any kind. Got a glass of Champagne there as well.

IndyHoosier Sep 6, 22 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by LondonAussie (Post 34564534)
Does anyone have a photo of a recent menu from the QF or CX F dining rooms? Will be short on time and not sure which one to visit.

This was CX F from Aug 31
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...fd0044bd3f.jpg

GOTBound Sep 6, 22 4:01 pm

Regarding AA First Class lounge: according to the lounge hostesses the First Class lounge will open in early October.

I payed a visit the last weekend of August to the AC lounge, no champagne however the only lounge at T3 where I was met with a thank you for being a loyal Emerald member, not that it matters since I prefer to go low key over DYKWIA, but a nice touch nevertheless.

The AC was more or less empty a Saturday afternoon, well GF was even more deserted and fell like your typical set up for a horror movie, low light dark and dusk, zombies, ehhh, staff roaming around planless and emotionless in the corridors back and forth.

My memory might have had me deluded after few glasses of champagne that particular afternoon, but I thought I read Flagship First on the door to the right in the AA lounge lobby as well as lounge hostesses referring to the latter as Flagship First.
Ill have a sober look this Saturday to clear my mind out

aztimm Sep 6, 22 4:48 pm

I'll have about a 4 hour layover in T3 at LHR later this week (arriving from AUS at T5 at about 9:45am, departing for TIA from T3 at 2:20pm). In that span, (after I deal with the bus and security) I'll definitely want a shower, then something to eat. I do not eat beef or pork, but pretty much eat anything else. I don't really drink, other than an occasional glass of Champagne.

Would the CX lounge still be the best option? I think I'll be hitting the tail end of the AA TA flights, so would rather avoid a crowded lounge. If I should lounge hop, any suggestions for the order?
There doesn't seem to be a consistent gate for the BA LHR-TIA flight; in looking at some of the past flights it has left from 5A, 9, 11, 29, and 30. Are the BA flights to Europe all near each other in T3? I'm guessing no.

Koru Flyer Sep 6, 22 6:35 pm

i find the CX lounge to have the best showers. Food is also best in the CX lounge as they have some good vege and chicken options.

Donsyb Sep 7, 22 9:59 am

Originally Posted by Smid (Post 34563852)
That sounds exactly like my one and only experience of the AA F lounge. They offered a glass on arrival. Not had it anywhere else (apart from some Hilton exec lounges where they check you in in the lounge), and certainly not in the AA J lounge.

Confirmed today, they are offering prosecco in the AC

GOTBound Sep 10, 22 9:17 am

Originally Posted by GOTBound (Post 34578108)
Regarding AA First Class lounge: according to the lounge hostesses the First Class lounge will open in early October.

I payed a visit the last weekend of August to the AC lounge, no champagne however the only lounge at T3 where I was met with a thank you for being a loyal Emerald member, not that it matters since I prefer to go low key over DYKWIA, but a nice touch nevertheless.

The AC was more or less empty a Saturday afternoon, well GF was even more deserted and fell like your typical set up for a horror movie, low light dark and dusk, zombies, ehhh, staff roaming around planless and emotionless in the corridors back and forth.

My memory might have had me deluded after few glasses of champagne that particular afternoon, but I thought I read Flagship First on the door to the right in the AA lounge lobby as well as lounge hostesses referring to the latter as Flagship First.
Ill have a sober look this Saturday to clear my mind out

My deepest apologies, the First class lounge still says First Class lounge written in the door and not Flagship First.

According to the staff, fingers crossed, regarding an October reopen for the AA First Class lounge.

Clon75 Sep 10, 22 9:21 am

Just in the AA lounge at the moment. Really quiet but enjoying it - how odd. Went to the Qantas lounge at 2.30pm but shuttered up despite sign saying it was open until 8.05pm. Have been in BA lounge and going to Cathay lounge shortly.

JIMCHI Sep 10, 22 10:40 am

I am OW Emerald and will be flying AA in F on a morning departure from T3. I don't care for asian food. Between AA, QF and BA, which offers the best breakfast? Do any of these 3 have a dining room with a menu instead of just a buffet?

ghsbass0406 Sep 10, 22 10:57 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI (Post 34588226)
I am OW Emerald and will be flying AA in F on a morning departure from T3. I don't care for asian food. Between AA, QF and BA, which offers the best breakfast? Do any of these 3 have a dining room with a menu instead of just a buffet?

The Cathay lounge doesn't only serve asian food. Their first class lounge (OWE) is lovely with a sit-down restaurant and offerings such as eggs Benedict and a complete English breakfast. I'd hit up Cathay before any of the others.