FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

barneyb Aug 9, 2018 1:23 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave (Post 30063509)
BA passengers with lounge access can check-in bags at T3 and T5 from 05:00 hours onwards.

The last two times I've early checked a bag at T3 the bag didn't make it onto the BA flight that eveninh. Not sure if the new T3 integrated baggage facility is fully working yet...

andymcdonnell Aug 9, 2018 2:33 am

If you’re flying in First with BA, can you use the Flagship Dining in the AA lounge or do you have to be flying AA First?

corporate-wage-slave Aug 9, 2018 2:42 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell (Post 30063775)
If you’re flying in First with BA, can you use the Flagship Dining in the AA lounge or do you have to be flying AA First?

No, you don't need to be AA First. Unless you have a lot of downloading to do, I'm not sure why one would do that, but yes BA First would get you access, plus one guest. It's not actually Flagship in T3, the official title is "International First Class Lounge".

KARFA Aug 9, 2018 2:44 am

Originally Posted by andymcdonnell (Post 30063775)

There isn’t any flagship dining in the T3 AA F lounge. Once the lounge is refurbished as a flagship lounge there will be though but not sure if non AA F would get access - does CX F get access in JFK?

Steve_ZA Aug 9, 2018 3:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30063796)
There isn’t any flagship dining in the T3 AA F lounge. Once the lounge is refurbished as a flagship lounge there will be though but not sure if non AA F would get access - does CX F get access in JFK?

Officially not but a quick search of the travel blogs and there are a few CX flying bloggers who did get in, for example: Cathay Pacific First Class Passengers Get Access to American Flagship First Dining in New York

American’s published rules are that while Flagship Lounge is open to oneworld partner premium cabin passengers and elites, First Dining is for their own first class customers only — and not even for their ConciergeKey members flying business class.
It turns out though that the ‘no exceptions’ policy isn’t quite accurate. Cathay Pacific recently moved from terminal 7 at New York JFK (where it was housed alongside British Airways and Qantas) over to terminal 8 with American.
Reader JB let me know, and American Airlines confirmed, that they have an arrangement with Cathay Pacific for that carrier’s first class passengers to be given access to Flagship First Dining at New York JFK.
As CX has their own First dining option I can't see a similar arrangement at T3.

KARFA Aug 9, 2018 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA (Post 30063896)
Officially not but a quick search of the travel blogs and there are a few CX flying bloggers who did get in, for example: Cathay Pacific First Class Passengers Get Access to American Flagship First Dining in New York

Thanks. So perhaps when the T3 Flagship eventually opens BA F will get access - I guess we will have to wait and see.

andymcdonnell Aug 9, 2018 4:34 am

When is the AA lounge refurbishment due for completion?

Andriyko Aug 9, 2018 6:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 30063796)

Once the lounge is refurbished as a flagship lounge there will be though but not sure if non AA F would get access - does CX F get access in JFK?

Only AA F pax get access to Flagship Dining, with the exception that CX F passengers do get access at JFK by special arrangement with AA (no guest though).

JSM8 Aug 11, 2018 10:47 am

Travelling out of T3 on Tuesday morning in BA CE. Have 4 hours to kill......which is the best OneWorld lounge (are they even all open in the morning)?

KARFA Aug 11, 2018 10:50 am

Originally Posted by JSM8 (Post 30071665)
Travelling out of T3 on Tuesday morning in BA CE. Have 4 hours to kill......which is the best OneWorld lounge (are they even all open in the morning)?

all are open. You have the choice of CX/BA/AA/QF. For 4 hours I would suggest try CX and QF.

mcgahat Aug 11, 2018 11:18 am

Originally Posted by JSM8 (Post 30071665)

With 4 hours to kill, I would go to BA GF, QF Biz, CX F\J and AA F briefly to see which one fits you and camp out. You could also do a little time in each just to get a feel for each one. You profile shows you as BA Gold so you should have access to all including F lounges. While there is extensive discussion with consensus being CX F is the best and while I dont disagree with that......all of the lounges are just fine and perfectly acceptable. With 4 hours I would be hard pressed to stay at just one lounge personally.

thebigben Aug 11, 2018 11:20 am

I have access to the arrivals lounge in T5 and business class lounges in T3 in a couple of days. Where's the best place to get a shower after my long haul flight before going on to HEL?

Schwann Aug 11, 2018 11:30 am

Originally Posted by thebigben (Post 30071763)
I have access to the arrivals lounge in T5 and business class lounges in T3 in a couple of days. Where's the best place to get a shower after my long haul flight before going on to HEL?

Skip the arrivals lounge shower at T5 and head straight to the CX before your trip to HEL. The showers at CX are very nice indeed.

The _Banking_Scot Aug 11, 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by thebigben (Post 30071763)

Hi,

I would personally head across to T3 and have a shower in one of the lounges as if you shower in T5 you still have to get to T3 and go through security after which you can feel like you need another shower!

Regards

TBS

thebigben Aug 11, 2018 11:41 am

Thanks! I already know I want those pork buns in the CX lounge so it all works out... :)