FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best T3 OneWorld Lounge (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1653179-best-t3-oneworld-lounge.html)

TheJayHatch May 24, 18 9:44 am


Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29789547)
Please check out the QF lounge and report back on the crowds at this time.

The ďchattyĒ baby pushed me over the edge. QF has 6 people (ex staff) and 165-5 showing on the screen (so a marginal improvement over the 86-3 when I left the office). Downstairs is closed, and while the barmaid is friendly I think I will carry on to GF...the wine is verging on undrinkable and the session has finished.

celtic_warrior Jun 7, 18 4:45 am


Originally Posted by d3vski (Post 29319573)


i would rate the T4 QR lounge as the best in the world.....even better than their al mourjan in Doha!

I love the QR lounge but the food can be hit and miss. It's essentially re heated( sometimes they dont ping it for long enough)

vintagepilot Jun 11, 18 3:52 am

I tend to agree with C-W-S's earlier statement. It was too early for QF and, although tempted by american pancakes, we reined ourselves in to BA and CX. A la carte better in BA (marginally), buffet breakfast better in BA, but ambience, service and champagne better in CX. All in all very acceptable. I understand the BA champagne issue is a temporary glitch(?)

mediamonkey Jun 15, 18 11:45 am

With kids?
 
Hello everyone

I am currently in the Qantas lounge waiting for the downstairs section to open for dinner. Iím back in T3 next week with the family which includes my 7 month baby. Anyone got any experience on kids in the lounges and which one of the Oneworld T3 lounges would suit us. Mainly want to eat a nice dinner and change the baby without annoying too many pax due to a slightly noisy (at times) baby!

Thanks

TPRun Jun 15, 18 12:17 pm


Originally Posted by mediamonkey (Post 29870441)
Hello everyone

I am currently in the Qantas lounge waiting for the downstairs section to open for dinner. Iím back in T3 next week with the family which includes my 7 month baby. Anyone got any experience on kids in the lounges and which one of the Oneworld T3 lounges would suit us. Mainly want to eat a nice dinner and change the baby without annoying too many pax due to a slightly noisy (at times) baby!

Thanks

cant help on the family front but am also in the lounge enjoying some gin if theres time to say hi!

TOTH2015 Jun 19, 18 10:40 am

Best First Class lounge at Heathrow T3?
 
Hi
Apologies if this has been covered previously, but I have done a quick search and not turned up too much.
Flying BA first class to Vancouver week after next. Was looking forward to the Concorde lounge again, which I use on the Toronto flights. Silly me, Vancouver goes from T3, so thought I'd ask here for views and experiences. I will be in the lounge from 1300 through to 1700 and enjoy all the nice things in life!

Many thanks

Airprox Jun 19, 18 10:41 am


Originally Posted by TOTH2015 (Post 29882651)
Apologies if this has been covered previously,

Extensively, repeatedly.

Mike P Jun 19, 18 10:41 am

There are a number of threads on this topic but I'd suggest the Cathay T3 F lounge is the best offering. Others might suggest you also try the relatively new Qantas lounge too as you've got plenty of time.

PETER01 Jun 19, 18 10:47 am

@ TOTH2015 - Also see here but the CX Flounge is very good and is where I'd go but why not try a few would be my suggestion with CX last.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ld-lounge.html

MrsW Jun 19, 18 10:49 am

Try the lot - I did.

mikeyfly Jun 19, 18 11:00 am

Don't restrict yourself to "the best" do the lot :)

But most of your time should be in Cathay in my opinion.... then swing by Qantas [Quantas if you want to annoy people] then grab some takeaways from AA on the way to the gate

gstork Jun 25, 18 2:59 pm

Just booked a flight on BA First from LAX to Lisbon via LHR. Now looking at the itinerary, I realize that the LHR/LIS (Club Europe) flight departs out of T3. So, no CCR access will be possible in between flights.

I believe I can use my inbound First boarding pass for entry into the BA First lounge in T3. Will the other OW partner F lounges allow access as well, or only the J lounges with my onward boarding pass?

KARFA Jun 25, 18 4:25 pm


Originally Posted by gstork (Post 29905501)
Just booked a flight on BA First from LAX to Lisbon via LHR. Now looking at the itinerary, I realize that the LHR/LIS (Club Europe) flight departs out of T3. So, no CCR access will be possible in between flights.

I believe I can use my inbound First boarding pass for entry into the BA First lounge in T3. Will the other OW partner F lounges allow access as well, or only the J lounges with my onward boarding pass?

yes you can use any of the oneworld F lounges in T3 so CX/BA/AA. Keep hold of your inbound F bp as youíll need to show it. You can also use the QF lounge as well - they donít have a separate F lounge tho. Tbh I would just head to the CX F lounge and use that.

Ziz Jun 26, 18 2:41 am

Did some lounge hopping the other day as a silver travelling Euro Traveller. I started at Qantas. Thought it was lovely and airy, but food selection was a little disappointing (but still better than GC). I didn't try any of the alcoholic drinks as it was 7:30am and I couldn't stomach the idea. I then went to Cathay and had a nice full breakfast from the buffet. Although this lounge is smaller, I think it's got a great view and I enjoyed how quiet it was (possibly due to the time of day?). The food was also great. I then moved over to BA to get a nice cup of tea and refill my water bottle (I know, I know!). It was absolutely heaving with people and I struggled to find a seat. I can't understand why people don't go to the other lounges when they are practically empty!

TheChangingMan Jun 26, 18 2:55 am


Originally Posted by Ziz (Post 29907152)
I can't understand why people don't go to the other lounges when they are practically empty!

They probably don't know that they have that option. I wouldn't if I didn't spend an unhealthy amount of time lurking here


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:32 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.