Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Also MH have sale fares at the moment. SYD in J for £2335 from London if 2 pax flying. I really enjoyed the MH J product which we flew earlier this year
this is a good deal, if only it wasn't just up til March.
a bit chilly for me then
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by anniegray

this is a good deal, if only it wasn't just up til March.
a bit chilly for me then
Up until March is too cold for you? That’s their summer!
anniegray likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:11 pm

Sorry my brain's not in gear. I was thinking of last time I went, but that was September. Cold and wet. Time before was April and that was lovely.
It's late.... or maybe it's the jetlag after flying in from Norway lol
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by anniegray
Sorry my brain's not in gear. I was thinking of last time I went, but that was September. Cold and wet. Time before was April and that was lovely.
It's late.... or maybe it's the jetlag after flying in from Norway lol
we are flying next weekend to Hobart the long way LHR MAN DOH AKL SYD HBA - looking forward to photographing the snow in the mountains ☃️
Calchas likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:30 pm

Wow that is the long way.

I am only going to Penang, but Abz-Osl-Doh-Pen
I just need Abz-Osl to be on time, but I'm ever the optimist....
Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Bronze
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Also MH have sale fares at the moment. SYD in J for £2335 from London if 2 pax flying. I really enjoyed the MH J product which we flew earlier this year
IsntherI a trick to get this showing up? I can't seem to get the fare in febrFebr?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 1:51 am

When I went on the main MH site they didn't show but I typed MH 2 for 1 business class in a google search and it came up then
Old Sep 1, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Did anyone manage to book the HNL trip? I paid for it and printed it out - all business -when I checked online later 2 of the sectors had changed to economy . Fortunately I phoned in and they cancelled it for me
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I found some fares,LON to LAS in March for around £1650, but was hoping to add on a car so I can makeit a holiday and only pay the deposit now but BA holidays have the price at over double this amount.

Is it a case that the sale fares are not loaded yet, or will they never be?
Old Sep 1, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I would get the reservation info on an email and then phone them up to book.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by T8191
Well, the OH noticed some useful price drops for Caribbean Holidays between breakfast and lunchtime today. So, caught up in the genear excitement, we now have bookings for UVF and MLA for next Spring. And the spend today will imminently trigger another 241
DAMN!

Having booked MLA in a bit of a panic, as there were 3-day gaps in the schedule [Fares not loaded? Scheduling?] , I foolishly looked at it again today. The Sale fares are now there, with availability every day. I have just paid £573 for a £297 pair of tickets

Sadly booking 48 hours ago won't allow free cancel and re-book! Can it be changed for a fee? No, it's a Non-Refundable! I'm £276 down the drain.

Last edited by T8191; Sep 1, 2018 at 5:32 am
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
DAMN!

Having booked MLA in a bit of a panic, as there were 3-day gaps in the schedule [Fares not loaded? Scheduling?] , I foolishly looked at it again today. The Sale fares are now there, with availability every day. I have just paid £573 for a £297 pair of tickets

Sadly booking 48 hours ago won't allow free cancel and re-book! Can it be changed for a fee? I'm £276 down the drain.
I guess chalk it up to one of those things and offset it against the companion voucher you've just earned...
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
DAMN!

Sadly booking 48 hours ago won't allow free cancel and re-book! Can it be changed for a fee? I'm £276 down the drain.
Having in the past fallen victim to this myself, I have learned that if you find a price you are happy with, you should buy the tickets. If prices changes downwards after that, then buy another ticket to at least halve the damage (relatively). Of course this woul mean suffering another trip to MLA.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Tafflyer

Having in the past fallen victim to this myself, I have learned that if you find a price you are happy with, you should buy the tickets. If prices changes downwards after that, then buy another ticket to at least halve the damage (relatively). Of course this woul mean suffering another trip to MLA.
Happy with the price? I guess I was ... base fares before abating with Avios are/were:

Sep 17 - 767
Sep 18 - 736
Apr 19 - 734

Basically, I should have waited a few days to let the system settle down and get the Sale fares loaded. Impatient and foolhardy, and too focussed on getting the BA Holidays sale item for next June before that sold out!!!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
No email for either of us Goldies. The absence of info been noted on a couple of Facebook groups as well.

I didnt get one either (just Bronze). I did get an email from Trailfidners though

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.