Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Well, the OH noticed some useful price drops for Caribbean Holidays between breakfast and lunchtime today. So, caught up in the genear excitement, we now have bookings for UVF and MLA for next Spring. And the spend today will imminently trigger another 241
Padmeister likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:21 pm

Agree with the notion of sale and BA (or most other companies). Don’t know what the ASA says about calling something sale, believe it is can’t have been offered at the sale price in the last 30 days. I’ve been tracking GRU for a while, and prices have consistently been 1250 in W, £2400 in C. They’re now £1000 and 2000 so a genuine sale. On the other hand, they pulled the 1500 ex OSL fare on the 21st that they had since November, and from Osl it doesn’t appear to be any sale fares loaded (most likely as I think they’d fall foul of local ASA rules given the relative cheapness of the city.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
Now on, according to the email from BA to the Blue member of my HHA. Nothing to the silver members....
Yes, my Blue card Dad has received an email and I have not!
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Glad the sale finally came- I just snagged a resonably priced CW flight to Tampa for April.

Happy days! Now lets hope CW new service has improved over my last flight! Thats asuming it has made its way to the LGW flights.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Yes, my Blue card Dad has received an email and I have not!
No email for either of us Goldies. The absence of info been noted on a couple of Facebook groups as well.
amanx likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 1:25 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Originally Posted by T8191
No email for either of us Goldies. The absence of info been noted on a couple of Facebook groups as well.
Had an email earlier
T8191 likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:46 pm

For those that follow the sales for some time now, do you know if Iberia follows BA in their sales or they have different sales periods? I'm looking for EU-Lima and most options using BA will connect through MAD/Iberia (and present Iberia prices).
Old Aug 30, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I got an email, however, I am lacking some love for SH to ARN...
Old Aug 30, 2018, 10:02 pm

Programs: Plat Pro AAdvantage, but defected to BAEC
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
Those two locations don't seem to be included in the sale, but Los Angeles is - may be worth LHR - LAX and then add a cheap domestic flight?
why fly down to SAN, it’’s only about 120 miles from LAX to San Diego. Even if you don’t want to drive, it’s about $300 for a limo. By the time you would be boarding the domestic, the driver would have you in San Diego (assuming that you didn’t fly into LAX during rush hour)

I’ve done 2 vacation trips this year and both have departed from LAX over the much closer SAN airport to either make it a direct flight, or cheaper routing and i’ll be heading up there again in December to fly back to the UK for the holidays.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And there are some really good CE bargains in Selling Class (bucket) I. One of the best I've seen is NCL-LHR-HEL-LHR-NCL, which is £341 return - and dare I point out, 240 TPs - which is enough to earn an entry in the TP Run Thread... Selling period:
PERMITTED 01OCT 18 THROUGH 16DEC 18 OR 13JAN 19 THROUGH
24MAR 19 ON THE FIRST INTERNATIONAL SECTOR.
Decided to have a nosy at this myself and found £337 return JER - HEL - yes it invokes a transfer LGW - LHR but it's still tempting and it's 240TP. With positioning flights to T8191's land that'd bump it up to 320... bronze in a weekend?

I blame all of you for re-activating my flying interest... thank you all

Edit: Newbie question - I get a fare on ITA Matrix but ba.com won't offer those flights - will I have to phone them to book?

T8191 likes this.

Last edited by mtikky; Aug 31, 2018 at 1:58 am Reason: Screen grab and BA whinge
Old Aug 31, 2018, 2:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by mtikky
Edit: Newbie question - I get a fare on ITA Matrix but ba.com won't offer those flights - will I have to phone them to book?
BA.com does offer this fare, but you need to use multicity. You are straddling several days on your travel, and BA.com doesn't compute well in that situation (it's actually a somewhat impractical way to travel, since you can easily do this the same day, but BA.com wasn't really designed for those who travel for, er, tier points). So enter this:

And then you get this. You will notice it is even cheaper than Matrix since the non NDC channel adds a £8 per direction extra charge. This - in the current context - is one of the cheapest BA metal TP fares I have seen. It works due to a low end-on for I bucket JER and of course no APD.

T8191, mtikky and gazzer666 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (11/Dec/18)
Much obliged c-w-s - booked, and positioning flights also booked in CE. 320TP at about £1.70/TP... The JER - HEL return alone is £1.33/TP but I needed the points

Last edited by mtikky; Aug 31, 2018 at 3:34 am
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Avis President's Club
Also worth mentioning that the second trip to JER can be dropped for the appropriate saving if you want - i.e. £279 for JER-LON-HEL-LON at 200TPs.
rockflyertalk and dougzz like this.
Old Aug 31, 2018, 3:59 am

Originally Posted by justatourist
For those that follow the sales for some time now, do you know if Iberia follows BA in their sales or they have different sales periods? I'm looking for EU-Lima and most options using BA will connect through MAD/Iberia (and present Iberia prices).
Some other airlines are launching sales. Related to your query, I'm also looking at flying to Lima. Flight back is from Mexico. I can see fares for £1.7k in business with Aeromexico for my flights, compared to £2.3k for BA (or £2.8k pre-sale). Therefore if you're not wedded to BA/OW then take a look as the savings are pretty good. There fares weren't showing before the BA sale so I assume other airlines, not just AM, may follow suit with sale prices? I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people on this forum who've seen this before..
Old Aug 31, 2018, 4:34 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And then you get this. You will notice it is even cheaper than Matrix since the non NDC channel adds a £8 per direction extra charge. This - in the current context - is one of the cheapest BA metal TP fares I have seen. It works due to a low end-on for I bucket JER and of course no APD.
I've also been checking out NCL-LHR-HEL, and would add that the BA Holidays options are definitely worth looking at: Helsinki isn't the cheapest place, but for £450-480 (i.e. only £110-140 more than the base fare) you can get 3 nights in a decent hotel in central Helsinki plus 240TP. For example, Scandic Grand Marina with breakfast, £467 per person for a Sat/Sun/Mon night break.

The only shame that it's BA metal only, I rather liked the Finnair A350…

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.