Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When is the next BA sale?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
I'm holding out till Nov/ Christmas sale for two US tickets - prices on booking online nopw far above what I'm happy paying, so fingers crossed they drop!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jimlad48
I'm holding out till Nov/ Christmas sale for two US tickets - prices on booking online nopw far above what I'm happy paying, so fingers crossed they drop!
It's a dangerous game! I need to buy a ticket to SJU in January and I've found a relatively good price from MXP/LIN, but I wonder if it may be worth waiting for a Black Friday sale. If tickets go up, though, I'm screwed and may have to give up on flying J!
Old Nov 11, 2018, 1:44 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Originally Posted by ringingup
It's a dangerous game! I need to buy a ticket to SJU in January and I've found a relatively good price from MXP/LIN, but I wonder if it may be worth waiting for a Black Friday sale. If tickets go up, though, I'm screwed and may have to give up on flying J!
thankfully we're not flying till next october!
Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
What would people expect sale prices to be (approximate range) for round trip business class from the US to Europe on BA whenever the next ex-USA sale comes out?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 12:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by nologic
What would people expect sale prices to be (approximate range) for round trip business class from the US to Europe on BA whenever the next ex-USA sale comes out?
The US is a big place, for people to help you would need to say where you are looking to fly from - the distance from LA to Boston is almost as far as Boston to London and the fares price accordingly...
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:13 am

Looking to fly to Vancouver on BA September 2019. Current prices seem reasonable but nothing to indicate if there is a sale on.

What are the chances of a January sale?
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:21 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

No one really knows when a sale will be along. They come and go and there's no 'official' sale on just now but I do recommend regularly looking at BA's home page under offers and deals where you will see 'Find our cheapest flights'. Fares there fluctuate a fair bit. Personally, September is a long way out and I would hold off unless you see a price your happy with. What prices are you seeing just now?

Ex-EU fares (starting in say Dublin or Amsterdam for example) can also be good of your looking to fly in a premium cabin and starting in Inverness can also be fruitful. More in the BA Tier Point thread and there is a Premium Fare thread too as well as historical fares here too.

BA Sale Fares 2018 « Continental Club Blog

In the meantime welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Board melris.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:34 am

Hi PETER01
The price is £1192 for two tickets in standard economy. if I add a full size car for 2 weeks it goes up to £1535 which looks like a reasonable price. The flight price is significantly less than for the flights to Chicago returning from Las Vegas in September 2016.

Last edited by melris; Nov 30, 2018 at 5:46 am Reason: Clarification
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by melris
Hi PETER01
The price is £1192 for two tickets in standard economy. if I add a full size car for 2 weeks it goes up to £1535 which looks like a reasonable price. The flight price is significantly less than for the flights to Chicago returning from Las Vegas in September 2016.
Hello again melris.

It's really up to you and if you book it as a BA holiday (click on flight + hotel) this gives you the option to pay a deposit and pay it up or the balance 5 weeks out. The secret then is try not to look back or think "I should have waited!" (which is what I would do )

Are you flexible with dates and your talking direct from London to Vancouver?

Finally, you only get 5 posts a day to start with for your info so any questions add them all into one big post and no rush to do that of course.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:15 am

Thanks for your speedy and useful replies PETER01.

I will curb my natural instincts and wait and see, probably until the end of January. My dates are flexible as we will be visiting our son and his family who have just emigrated to Vancouver.

I will keep checking the BA site regularly.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:33 am

Thanks for your speedy and useful replies PETER01.

I will curb my natural instincts and wait and see, probably until the end of January. My dates are flexible as we will be visiting our son and his family who have just emigrated to Vancouver.

I will keep checking the BA site regularly.
You will always get speedy replies here from many a poster, regulars and non regulars. It really is a goldmine of knowledge and 24 x 7 so do stick around and post away whatever you might find.

You have time on your side so I would say it is worth it to try lots different options to save a few quid and more spending money once there perhaps? Look at flying into LAX, which can be cheap for Y, stay 1 night and using Avios to get to Vancouver on AA direct (assuming flights are available!)? (avios are easy to collect by Tesco, American Express Sign ups/spend etc. see headforpoints)

Or into San Francisco, cheapo hotel in SFO and then Air Canada up the next day? (I've done that before to save money as I have family in Vancouver too)

Try an open jaw flight/holiday, into Los Angeles, back from Vancouver? Lots of options but sometimes even though a little more expensive, direct is best!

Air Transat do direct flights too as do Air Canada so if you are not fussy which airline then cost may be King? A bit of time researching is definitely worth it and beware of BA's lowest prices which are no checked luggage. BA Holidays do give luggage allowance though. Good luck ^

Pete

Last edited by PETER01; Nov 30, 2018 at 6:39 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PETER01
No one really knows when a sale will be along.
I will curb my natural instincts and wait and see, probably until the end of January.
If there is one sale that is reasonably reliable, it's the one that starts around Christmas (sometimes just before, sometimes just after) and usually remains open until mid-January or thereabouts.

However, there is the usual note of caution about any sale: the sale fares may not cover your route, and they may not apply to your proposed travel dates. Airline sales are not "50% off everything" affairs, or anything like that; they can be very focused indeed. So even if a sale happens in late December and it applies to Vancouver (and I'd be prepared to risk a small amount of money on both of those contigencies), you may well find that the travel dates covered by the sale do not extend as far forward as September.

One other note is that air fares are almost always priced per person. So if you say that you're being quoted "£1192 for two", in order to see whether or not it's good value we (and you) have to do the mental arithmetic to work out that you're actually being quoted £596 for the purposes of comparing it to historical fares.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 8:09 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
One other note is that air fares are almost always priced per person. So if you say that you're being quoted "£1192 for two", in order to see whether or not it's good value we (and you) have to do the mental arithmetic to work out that you're actually being quoted £596 for the purposes of comparing it to historical fares.
On the other hand, it's a good idea to price the trip for two in case BA are having a couples discount sale, though this usually seems to be for premium cabins.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 4:36 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
Just flagging up that last year the BA winter sale began on Wednesday 20th December. While last year’s dates are not an exact guide to what will happen this year (generally speaking sales seem to have started a little later this year than last), it may be worth bearing this in mind if you are planning to book something this week.
rockflyertalk and Gary999 like this.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by lcylocal
Just flagging up that last year the BA winter sale began on Wednesday 20th December. While last year’s dates are not an exact guide to what will happen this year (generally speaking sales seem to have started a little later this year than last), it may be worth bearing this in mind if you are planning to book something this week.
Yes I was looking at a NY trip for quite early next year; thought I might hold off in the hope a sale appeared. Fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.