Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by ITFella
I made a booking last week via the iPhone app, but can't access the booking from the app or website. Website says it doesn't recognise the booking, and if I enter the reference and surname manually, it blocks access for 24 hours due to too many unsuccessful attempts to access it. Even happens if I just click on choose a seat from the app.

Any ideas how I can get that sorted out?
I think you'll need to call. You could try something like social media, if that's your cup of tea, but in the end you may have to talk to a human (but hopefully not - if that's not your cup of tea!) And as it is possible this could be bad news for your booking, sooner is better than later.

rb211.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RB211
I think you'll need to call. You could try something like social media, if that's your cup of tea, but in the end you may have to talk to a human (but hopefully not - if that's not your cup of tea!) And as it is possible this could be bad news for your booking, sooner is better than later.

rb211.
Thanks RB211. I did call, and they confirmed the booking was all good - confirmed and ticketed. She's sorted out seat reservations, and offered some "turn it off and on again" advice, which didn't help in accessing the reservation . After getting off the phone, I realised that I wouldn't be able to add API info for the other passengers. However, it looks like I can sort that via the MMB on the Iberia website, so will do that when I've tracked down the family passports!! Not sure what will happen with online check-in, but I'll cross that bridge another day!!

As a long time Flyertalk lurker, I remain indebted to this place for the endless advice and expertise of the well-travelled, so thanks!!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
I made a booking last week via the iPhone app, but can't access the booking from the app or website. Website says it doesn't recognise the booking, and if I enter the reference and surname manually, it blocks access for 24 hours due to too many unsuccessful attempts to access it. Even happens if I just click on choose a seat from the app.

Any ideas how I can get that sorted out?
Thanks RB211. I did call, and they confirmed the booking was all good - confirmed and ticketed. She's sorted out seat reservations, and offered some "turn it off and on again" advice, which didn't help in accessing the reservation . After getting off the phone, I realised that I wouldn't be able to add API info for the other passengers. However, it looks like I can sort that via the MMB on the Iberia website, so will do that when I've tracked down the family passports!! Not sure what will happen with online check-in, but I'll cross that bridge another day!!

As a long time Flyertalk lurker, I remain indebted to this place for the endless advice and expertise of the well-travelled, so thanks!!

I have exactly the same issue! Except that I made my booking back in July through eBookers. I added it to MMB with no issues and had seats selected etc. However, I keep checking back to see if my favourite seats become available and it was working ok up until a couple of weeks ago. Now I get the same error on BA.com and the app that you are getting. MyFlights app doesn't show any issues, and I can log into the booking through Finnair.com, Qantas.com and RJ.com all ok, not tried any of the other oneworld websites.

I was going to ring but it sounds like there is no point! Thanks for finding out for me!
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:16 pm

You are most welcome. Glad you got it sorted and good luck with passports, APIs and checkin!

rb211.
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:19 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I can't have the BA site email me an e-ticket for an Avios redemption I made (for CX flights).

When I made the booking, I never received any confirmations emailed to me. But I do see the bookings in MMB and I can pull up the bookings on the CX site. I can also see the e-ticket numbers when I click on "Print/Email e-ticket receipt".

However if I click the "Email" button, it says it has successfully emailed me the e-ticket but I never receive it. Anyone else with this problem?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
I can't have the BA site email me an e-ticket for an Avios redemption I made (for CX flights).

When I made the booking, I never received any confirmations emailed to me. But I do see the bookings in MMB and I can pull up the bookings on the CX site. I can also see the e-ticket numbers when I click on "Print/Email e-ticket receipt".

However if I click the "Email" button, it says it has successfully emailed me the e-ticket but I never receive it. Anyone else with this problem?
Is your email address in your profile definitely the correct one?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:35 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Originally Posted by sxc

Absolutely. I've never yet had the promised receipt sent to me (yes, my email address is correct, no, it's not in any spam bin). I assume you mean this message...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 22, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: Hyatt: Plat, HH: Dia, Spg: Au, VS: Red, Accor: Plat, BAEC: Ag, Nordic Choice: Au
Avios upgrade fails post payment stage

Getting all the way to payment and beyond.

Pre-payment confirmation page - click the continue, use stored credit card (working) and fail page follows:
Attached Images   
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by manymany
I have exactly the same issue! Except that I made my booking back in July through eBookers. I added it to MMB with no issues and had seats selected etc. However, I keep checking back to see if my favourite seats become available and it was working ok up until a couple of weeks ago. Now I get the same error on BA.com and the app that you are getting. MyFlights app doesn't show any issues, and I can log into the booking through Finnair.com, Qantas.com and RJ.com all ok, not tried any of the other oneworld websites.

I was going to ring but it sounds like there is no point! Thanks for finding out for me!
And as if by magic after posting about this the booking now works!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi,

we are aware of an issue with redemption flights internally on JAL and are currently working on a solution to this issue.

regards

Gavin
Just FYI I repeatedly failed to complete a redemption on JAL yesterday with the same error.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Silver
Red Segment on MMB - Usability

This isn't technically a bug, but more of a usability issue (being a human factors consultant). It's the first time I have seen this myself, but just in case the BA.com team doesn't do any usability testing...

I came across a red segment in one of my flights.

Red isn't exactly confidence building when it comes to travel, so when I first saw it I had concerns about a cancellation or something as bad. When clicking on the segment there is no indication as to why it is red. However, after going through each of the items (seating, check in, upgrade etc.) it appears to me as if it is indicating that my seat assignment had been changed automatically.

However there is nothing that links the red segment with the seat change (assuming that is the case).

I'm not sure if anyone can confirm this, but I can see a few people getting concerned with this and potentially calling a helpline (thereby increasing costs). A simple matching icon or some colour consistency (Your seat has changed - in red too) to indicate that is why the segment is red could alleviate this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 3:25 am

Does anyone know if the rewards flight map has now gone for good?
Link hasn't worked for a few days for me.

I know it doesn't list every destination BA flies to but I did quite like the GUI on it

https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=106160
Old Oct 4, 2017, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I seem to have, filled in the outbound and return boxes, default dates of August 2021 in my BAEC.
Clicking on the calendar goes to Aug 2018 though.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:51 am

Is the award search tool broken for anyone else? It looks like they have given it a new look, in addition to breaking it.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by giblet
Is the award search tool broken for anyone else? It looks like they have given it a new look, in addition to breaking it.
All my searches are returning for 2017 dates showing Sorry, it is only possible to book flights up to 355 days in advance. Please select an alternative date within this range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.