Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 3, 2015, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Maluku_Flyer
ba.com: technical issues tracker

Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.

11 Oct 18 Severe glitch prevents booking of flights see post #3318

Airports served by oneworld or BA partners that are not recognised on the Avios redemption search
AYQ, HID, KWL, RMQ, FTE, DAD, TSV

3 Jun 18 ... "Print Boarding Pass" generates a blank field where the BP should be! Clicking "Print" generates, predictably, a blank sheet of paper!
Mac/Safari (EDIT, 3 Jun: Solution is to "Email BP", which initially shows blank as well, but the email contains the full BP.) Same again on 3 Sep 18, and same fix!

27 Nov ... Can not search for a flight on the updated BA.com website interface , after inputting all informations ( destinations , paxs and dates etc) it pretended to load and then just reverts back to the home page with all fields now cleared. iMac/Safari

Claiming missing avios pages not working [Link]

22 Sep 16, see Post 2005. Hotel Avios giving different results depending on which page you view. Mac/Safari.

6 October 16 Cannot pay by paypal when doing redemptions

.May 18. Login to BAEC generates error message (Mac/Safari) although works on 2nd attempt. Noted at >>> https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...l#post29777401
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:00 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by fiona
i am fed up with often not being able to pick anything but economy. This has been going on for months. Economy is the only option.
Hi Fiona,

can you please pm us your exec club details then we can look into why this keeps happening.

regards

Gavin
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by BA.com Official
Hi Fiona,

can you please pm us your exec club details then we can look into why this keeps happening.

regards

Gavin
Relates to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26017957-post862.html
Old Jan 15, 2016, 6:11 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by fiona
^
Thanks. What would i do without FT? probably fly in economy all the time
Even better if the glitch was fixed.
hi fiona,

glad that was sorted out for you.

regards

Gavin
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:21 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Looking at Avios reward bookings one-way from JFK-LHR, after selecting 'No, I want to continue without stop-overs' the page jumps to a new page saying ' Please provide the following information - There was a problem with your request, please try again later'.

I get around the issue by going back and selecting a LHR-JFK return search and just review the availability on the return leg. The issue doesn't appear to be present on 1-way searches from LHR, so if you could see why a 1-way search starting from JFK causes a problem, it would be appreciated. I've noted the issue for the past 2 weeks (was fine before that).

Pilot37
Hi Pilot37,

this is currently being investigated by our technical teams.

regards

Gavin
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Reward flight finder

On this the from/to city,country,continent is not populating correctly - or only for very select destinations e.g. have found that Sydney, Punta Cana, Delhi work but not a lot of good as it doesn't recognise London, LHR or UK!

For example trying to search from London to anywhere (i was looking at Toronto) and when you type the origin and destination in full it returns an error message saying
Sorry, we don’t fly this route.
Please choose another city, or try searching by country or continent.
See all routes on our Explorer Map

Was working perfectly fine a couple of days ago

Have tried in Chrome and IE
Old Jan 15, 2016, 7:35 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by scottishpoet
is there a reason that BA.com cannot quote me for

KRK-TXL (AirBerlin)
TXL-LHR (BA)

Even as Multi city

It will only show me direct options which are

eg Jan 22 I need to be in London at lunchtime

BA.com only gives me the direct flight late in the day

I can get the 6:30 AB flight KRK to TXL then onto BA 991 and in LHR at midday
Hello scottishpoet,

we will look into this matter.

regards

Gavin
Old Jan 15, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Hello scottishpoet,

we will look into this matter.

regards

Gavin
Thanks
Old Jan 17, 2016, 6:35 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by mattking2000

Came across this error today: YKF is called "Prince George" airport when in fact it is Region of Waterloo International Airport. Prince George is YXS, and to my knowledge, not served by OW (although oddly shows up in BA's airport database).
Bumping this as it doesn't have seem to be addressed and it's driving me insane, because it shows up correctly everywhere else on the website:

Issue #2: When AA plays blender with my itineraries, the cancelled flights don't subtract from the total TPs/Avios earned table. As a result, after a few long-haul flights get cancelled, it becomes ridiculously wrong:

Old Jan 17, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
I'm noticing what I believe to be a glitch/error in the way taxes are calculated for Avios redemptions when travel commences in Honduras.

Long story short, my digging reveals that Honduras imposes a 15% tax on base airfare. Further details and examples can be seen in the following thread: Avios Reward Booking ex Honduras - taxes question It was suggested to me there that I post the issue here.

Thank you!
Bump...
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:06 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
For some reason my contact details don't appear to be getting mapped into redemption bookings properly. Only found out my CX redemption had an issue (equipment change 24 hours in advance so no more first...) when I happened to log into app to double-check departure terminal. Mobile was fine, email was missing - given I'm using local SIM cards the mobile number is rather hit and miss for now...

(Side note, it would be very useful if the app notifications also applied to booking changes - still got the "check in open" notification 24 hours out, although CX allow 48 hours...)
Hi ,

sorry for the delay can you PM us your details, exec a/c number should do, then I can have a look and hopefully get this sorted out.

regards

Gavin
Old Jan 18, 2016, 8:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
According to BA I have recently aged approximately 16 years and 3 months

On calling BA GGL this morning to make a new booking I answered the usual security questions but - according to the agent - I failed to answer my own date of birth correctly. Given my other answers she did accept I was who I purported to be.

While on the telephone with her I logged into my account and went to 'Manage my account -> update my personal information'. It asked me to confirm my date of birth before I could proceed and would not accept the correct answer.

The agent told me the date they had on file for me. It was completely different to the correct one. Very odd really. There is no (other) suspicious activity on my account so I suspect it's probably cock-up rather than conspiracy.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 9:00 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
where exactly does the website autocorrect to the wrong spelling of Philadelphia ?
The misspelling (second P capitalised) shows-up when searching in the 'TO' field from the "My Executive Club" home page. It's spelt properly when searching from the BA home page.

Reward flight search error still showing as of 5 mins ago btw.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 1:30 am
Company Representative

Originally Posted by golfmad
On calling BA GGL this morning to make a new booking I answered the usual security questions but - according to the agent - I failed to answer my own date of birth correctly. Given my other answers she did accept I was who I purported to be.

While on the telephone with her I logged into my account and went to 'Manage my account -> update my personal information'. It asked me to confirm my date of birth before I could proceed and would not accept the correct answer.

The agent told me the date they had on file for me. It was completely different to the correct one. Very odd really. There is no (other) suspicious activity on my account so I suspect it's probably cock-up rather than conspiracy.
Thanks for raising. If you PM us your EC number, we can double-check the logs to make sure.

Ryan
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm not sure if I am posting in the right place but here goes. This is maybe just the app and not the website since I haven't checked in on the website in a while but I am Silver exec and the past two times I have checked in (domestic and euro traveller) it has come up with only one checked bag allowed. Is there any explanation for this?

Thanks
Old Jan 19, 2016, 6:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Thanks for raising. If you PM us your EC number, we can double-check the logs to make sure.

Ryan
Done. Thanks Ryan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.