Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Why bother with plates if what you're serving in GF resembles dog food anyway?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why bother with plates if what you're serving in GF resembles dog food anyway?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, SQ Silver
Hmmm, I'm lining myself up for a nice bit of brekkers this coming Saturday morning. A bowl will be good for scrambled eggs and bake beans, but will I have room for some sausage and bacon aswell?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by BDAgirl
Hmmm, I'm lining myself up for a nice bit of brekkers this coming Saturday morning. A bowl will be good for scrambled eggs and bake beans, but will I have room for some sausage and bacon aswell?
... and some salad and breakfast cereal if you want
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:43 am

Programs: VS Silver, EK Gold, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by LondonElite
.....I've given up on the burger because my wife says they make me fat.......
If only I had listened to my wife I could have been merely obese now instead of morbidly obese!

One of the many joys of full-time travel and part-time will power
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:44 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
I do not understand the logic behind having only bowls. Surely plates are easier to wash in a dishwasher than bowl and also more can be loaded (usually)? And plates are possibly cheaper than bowls?

Originally Posted by onobond
A tad unfair comparison, I say. I personally know many dogs with better table manners than what can be seen in GF.
Ha ha ha! I was about to get ready to sleep and I read this. I almost fell off my chair laughing, and therefore, now I am wide awake. I hold that against you, sir!
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: BD*G -> BA Gold + A3*G (now dropped to BA Silver)
I thought the food was getting better but there's too many issues for me that just no longer make BA attractive anymore. I now try and fly direct where possible and if I connection is needed I book the cheapest option between BA and KLM (I won't connect in CDG or FRA unless really necessary).
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I do not understand the logic behind having only bowls. Surely plates are easier to wash in a dishwasher than bowl and also more can be loaded (usually)?
Industrial dishwashers usually work by loading the dishes into a tray, hose them down, then the tray goes on a conveyor belt through the dishwasher. Probably doesn't matter to the operator (or the machine) how efficiently the dishes are loaded.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Originally Posted by tmac100
You should try a lounge while flying with Air Botswana ...
The little boxed sandwich on-board Air Botswana is really nice - probably better than the EuroTraveller snackette.

Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:39 am

Just a polite reminder to stay civil. Debate and differing views are always welcome, but please refrain from going personal.

Back on-topic: during my last visit two weeks ago in GF the scrambled eggs looked disgusting. Like something from a cheap canteen and likely industrial. IMO the scrambled eggs used to be decent no?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: Iron Maiden FC, GE, Rapidly falling down the Tiers to oblivion.
I just bought a bunch of white bowls (from ikea, of course) for the never ending indo/asian style food (translated as use every single spice in your cupboard no matter what you are cooking) i seem to make involving rice and noodles. A bowl just seems to work better (and hold the heat better). Glory to the bowl!

I am in GF the noo and just had a bowl of portuguese curry with rice, peas, mange tout (green beans to me), a cold chicken pie (ok i dont get that, why not hot??) and some mackarel chucked on the side. Just grand for me. I took a pic but the BA computers constantly frustrate my efforts to access the url needed on all the big pic hosting sites to put a pic of what i then devoured on here. Oh, i washed that down with profiteroles and some prelude before the last dregs went since the champagne bar appears to be empty. Time to peek round the corner and see if more has materialised...

Last edited by jcm9000; Aug 25, 2014 at 11:57 am
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: BA-GGL, SU-G Agean, G,, Hhonours D, Starwood G, IHG G,
Originally Posted by Petrus

Back on-topic: during my last visit two weeks ago in GF the scrambled eggs looked disgusting. Like something from a cheap canteen and likely industrial. IMO the scrambled eggs used to be decent no?
It always is!! Hence why I get Poached eggs done
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by onobond
A tad unfair comparison, I say. I personally know many dogs with better table manners than what can be seen in GF.
And my dog is too well trained to put her feet on the table or to go to sleep on a sofa.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
The little boxed sandwich on-board Air Botswana is really nice - probably better than the EuroTraveller snackette.

And their Biltong........ ooh, so good.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 12:47 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by layz
Noodles were on the menu but not for very long. I don't recall seeing them in T3 (although CX will take care of that! )
I had the noodle when it was on the menu. It was AWFUL. It was left over spaghetti soaked into a mediocre chicken broth.

CX is much better and is the proper noodle.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I fear the emergence of a GF/CCR Noodle thread to match this pretentious one ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...e-history.html
Old Aug 25, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Only bowls tonight. Penne pasta, Portuguese chicken, chilli and a veggie tart. I had the tart and it was okay. Have to say the rest looked unappealing, but that doesn't mean it tastes bad!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.