FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Why bother with plates if what you're serving in GF resembles dog food anyway? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1605813-why-bother-plates-if-what-youre-serving-gf-resembles-dog-food-anyway.html)

mario Aug 25, 2014 8:31 am

Why bother with plates if what you're serving in GF resembles dog food anyway?

The food in the F lounge is back to the slop aka dog food that was served a few months ago.

To make it official, there are no plates anymore in the buffet area. Only a few bowls, a bit like dog bowls, that in all honesty, are more than appropriate to what is being served.

Chili com carne anyone?

It is my opinion that the current lounge operator upped their game after the flood of complaints a few months ago. But now they are back to serving horrible cheap food that is not really any good.

Rant over.

stu1985 Aug 25, 2014 8:43 am

I quite like the chilli con carne. It's also easier to have it out of a bowl IMO.

layz Aug 25, 2014 8:47 am

I don't think the current menu is as good as it was a few months ago, but it's still MUCH better than what it was when BaxterStorey first took over.

Remember there's iPads dotted around the lounge to leave feedback on - use them.

patgarrett Aug 25, 2014 8:49 am

Seriously? I was in there last week and I thought the food was delicious, especially the crab cakes.

Globaliser Aug 25, 2014 8:50 am

Originally Posted by layz (Post 23420307)
Remember there's iPads dotted around the lounge to leave feedback on - use them.

Oh, come on: that's no substitute for the opportunity to post gratuitous abuse on an internet forum!

V10 Aug 25, 2014 8:51 am

I don't mind chilli con carne either. Are plates really gone or were you unfortunate to be there during a washing-up backlog?

LondonElite Aug 25, 2014 8:53 am

The pasta is too stodgy, the salads not crunchy enough, the chili is a bit industrial, etc. I've given up on the burger because my wife says they make me fat, and because they taste like crap. I'm reasonably OK with the pork wrap, shame it's so small. Is it my imagination or were there ramen noodles on the menu a few months ago?

layz Aug 25, 2014 9:01 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite (Post 23420345)
The pasta is too stodgy, the salads not crunchy enough, the chili is a bit industrial, etc. I've given up on the burger because my wife says they make me fat, and because they taste like crap. I'm reasonably OK with the pork wrap, shame it's so small. Is it my imagination or were there ramen noodles on the menu a few months ago?

Noodles were on the menu but not for very long. I don't recall seeing them in T3 (although CX will take care of that! :))

onobond Aug 25, 2014 9:01 am

Originally Posted by mario (Post 23420199)
The food in the F lounge is back to the slop aka dog food that was served a few months ago.

To make it official, there are no plates anymore in the buffet area. Only a few bowls, a bit like dog bowls, that in all honesty, are more than appropriate to what is being served.

Chili com carne anyone?

It is my opinion that the current lounge operator upped their game after the flood of complaints a few months ago. But now they are back to serving horrible cheap food that is not really any good.

Rant over.

A tad unfair comparison, I say. I personally know many dogs with better table manners than what can be seen in GF.
:)

tmac100 Aug 25, 2014 9:13 am

FWIW, I bekieve the attitude of the OP should be shelved.! Master-servant attituse is too "old school' time of the Raj". OTOH, perhaps the OPs dogs get fed better than MOST of humanity.

I am just returning from the developing world and if any reader thinks I am being too negative to the OPs attitude .. well too bad. Nothing personal at all toward the OP - just toward the self-righteous attitude.

BA lounges are just fine - seriously they are. You should try a lounge while flying with Air Botswana ... no lounges for anyone. Not even Air Asia (rated as world's best LCC) has a lounge. BUT they do land safely :-)

mario Aug 25, 2014 9:21 am

Originally Posted by tmac100 (Post 23420457)
FWIW, I bekieve the attitude of the OP should be shelved.! Master-servant attituse is too "old school' time of the Raj". OTOH, perhaps the OPs dogs get fed better than MOST of humanity.

I am just returning from the developing world and if any reader thinks I am being too negative to the OPs attitude .. well too bad. Nothing personal at all toward the OP - just toward the self-righteous attitude.

BA lounges are just fine - seriously they are. You should try a lounge while flying with Air Botswana ... no lounges for anyone. Not even Air Asia (rated as world's best LCC) has a lounge. BUT they do land safely :-)

If I wanted to fly a LCC I would have bought a ticket on a LCC, no?

But I guess that since you've endured the hardship of the developing world, that now entitles you to say how frivolous everybody around you is.

By that measure, all luxury brands should be shut down. How dare they!

antichef Aug 25, 2014 9:29 am

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 23420335)
... Are plates really gone or were you unfortunate to be there during a washing-up backlog?

I was there twice last week and it was bowls only each time.

mario Aug 25, 2014 9:31 am

Originally Posted by antichef (Post 23420521)

Originally Posted by V10 (Post 23420335)
... Are plates really gone or were you unfortunate to be there during a washing-up backlog?

I was there twice last week and it was bowls only each time.

This has been the case for my visits in the last couple of months.

Behindthecurtain Aug 25, 2014 9:35 am

Hmm.. The "Dog Food" Chilli is actually very nice.. Woof Woof

layz Aug 25, 2014 9:35 am

Originally Posted by mario (Post 23420539)
This has been the case for my visits in the last couple of months.

Now that I think of it, my last visit last week only had bowls too. I thought it was just a shortage.