Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA - The 2014 thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by oliuk
It would appear that there are some on ebay starting at 99p if you have a search there.
I did buy a couple of First pyjamas on Ebay for a couple of quid (unused thankfully!) but I was very disappointed with the quality. They fell apart within a couple of uses so it looks as if they are designed to be disposable.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
On both my SH flights last week I boarded early and placed my carry on directly above my seat.

Right before the doors closed, both times, a guy rushes on, and proceeds to move my bags back 2 seats so that his fit nicely over his seat.

So his bags are more important than mine? Selfish or what.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by mclachlan4321
On both my SH flights last week I boarded early and placed my carry on directly above my seat.

Right before the doors closed, both times, a guy rushes on, and proceeds to move my bags back 2 seats so that his fit nicely over his seat.

You should then stand up, remove his bag and put it where it belongs, 2 seats back whilst you put your bag back in place
Old Oct 4, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Carlson Gold Elite, Accor Platinum, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold
Originally Posted by lowjhg
You should then stand up, remove his bag and put it where it belongs, 2 seats back whilst you put your bag back in place
+1

Completely unacceptable.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 2:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Why didn't you just say 'Please don't move my bags, thank you.'?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 4:33 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, United 1K, BA Blue, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by LondonElite
Why didn't you just say 'Please don't move my bags, thank you.'?
Some people would rather not have a confrontation, even if they have a moral high ground.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 6:11 am
HMO

Originally Posted by techie
Some people would rather not have a confrontation, even if they have a moral high ground.
True, sadly.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:25 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by techie
Originally Posted by HMO
True, sadly.
I think that sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable, and I'm not suggesting confrontation, just a friendly but firm word, 'don't touch my stuff.'
Old Oct 4, 2014, 7:39 pm
HMO

Originally Posted by LondonElite
I think that sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable, and I'm not suggesting confrontation, just a friendly but firm word, 'don't touch my stuff.'
But you may agree if a guy has this kind of attitude, of moving someone else bags without asking, as soon as the owner complains, even in a friendly tone, this guy may see it as confrontation.

He will probably yell back, and now it will become confrontation de facto...
Old Oct 5, 2014, 2:18 am

Programs: BA Executive, Virgin FC

I was last on board my DOM leg back in Feb and was very harrassed - couldn't find anywhere to put my bag so did the polite thing and asked the Flight attendant for help (always seems a lot of hand baggage on the NCL flight). It was him who moved the bags in the lockers around for me - while he loudly complained about how badly everyone had used the locker space. He found the space! Glad I didn't have to do it and brave the stares and glares ....
Old Oct 6, 2014, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by windowontheAside
More tacky than asking for a pair on FT?
Of course, people on here are high quality, couldn't bear the post man to bring me a parcel with ebay on it, imagine the look the housekeeper would give me when bringing it into the drawing room , smelling salts would have to be at hand.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
One has been waiting in all day for someone from "Amazon" to deliver a new paper shredder. Of course it would be the Butler's day orf ... and nobody arrived.

I shall tell him to chastise them when they finally arrive.
Old Oct 6, 2014, 1:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond + Ambassador, Accor Gold, Avis President's Club, Heathrow Rewards
Originally Posted by T8191
One has been waiting in all day for someone from "Amazon" to deliver a new paper shredder. Of course it would be the Butler's day orf ... and nobody arrived.
You get a butler to deal with deliveries?? Have all the footmen resigned??
Old Oct 6, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: Mucci, AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
Hah!! Excellent riposte!
Old Oct 7, 2014, 3:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by MNManInKen
And he doesn't even have someone to shred things for him. Pauper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.