Wiki Posts
Search

Ask the staffer

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2018, 6:53 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Scott Pilgrim
With height, tall or short, are there any issues with adjusting the seat height to get the correct eye reference? Or ergonomically could there be issues with specific types, okay in some but not others? Just curious.
In the Airbus we have eye reference point balls, they give you a good indication of whether or not you're sat in the right position.
Scott Pilgrim likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:36 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by All She Wrote
You'll probably have to undergo an "ergonomic assessment" prior to starting with a training school. Most set the bar at 6'3. At 6'5 I wouldn't anticipate that you'll have any problems but it is likely they'll want to sit you in a sim to check first. I've flown with people that are easily 4-5 inches taller than me, and I'm around 6'0 - 6'1.

I wouldn't go as far as saying there is loads of space in the flight deck, especially as you'd most likely start on a A320 or 737, the A320 is your friend here, very ample room in comparison to the 737 for those with longer legs.
Thanks. what would the legroom be like upfront? Are we talking WT or WTP here?

Sadly it's too late for me (albeit hideously unlikely i'd have been able to afford it), but it's probably the only career i've been interested in that was off limits due to my height! Mind you, I didn't actively look beyond BA back then.
Old Jul 23, 2018, 2:43 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Thanks. what would the legroom be like upfront? Are we talking WT or WTP here?

Sadly it's too late for me (albeit hideously unlikely i'd have been able to afford it), but it's probably the only career i've been interested in that was off limits due to my height! Mind you, I didn't actively look beyond BA back then.
It's a little hard to say as obviously there isn't another seat infront so you don't face the limitations on the space for your knees like you do in WT, the seats are more adjustable than both of the above, and ofcourse you can also adjust the rudder pedal position. I usually have the rudder pedals about 3/4 of the way back, but still have the seat relatively far forwards, I'd say the seat can comfortably go back another 12 inches or more, but at that point your visual reference may be compromised during landing.

In terms of legroom during the cruise if you put your seat back I'd say more than WT and WTP
Sam Bee likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:34 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
As some know, I am a regular on the LGW-GOA route as my GF lives here. There is always only one flight per day on BA in the summer - this amusingly departs at a different time every day ranging from 06:40 to about 09:00....except on Tuesday when it is at 15:45

However twice now in the last couple of months we have landed at GOA between 10:00 and 11:00 and there has been another BA plane at an adjacent gate. There was one this morning when we landed at 10:35 - am puzzled as to why this would be when there is only one flight per day? Diversion from another nearby BA destination such as or PSA, NCE?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by BOH
As some know, I am a regular on the LGW-GOA route as my GF lives here. There is always only one flight per day on BA in the summer - this amusingly departs at a different time every day ranging from 06:40 to about 09:00....except on Tuesday when it is at 15:45

However twice now in the last couple of months we have landed at GOA between 10:00 and 11:00 and there has been another BA plane at an adjacent gate. There was one this morning when we landed at 10:35 - am puzzled as to why this would be when there is only one flight per day? Diversion from another nearby BA destination such as or PSA, NCE?
BA4543 from Glasgow (E190)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
I've been wondering if anyone has insight into what's happening to the OSL-LHR schedules in January? Was booked on the BA0767 but it seems to be disappearing for a number of days - anyone know the reason behind this?

(as an aside, BA's automated systems seemed to then try and put me onto the 769, but given it would leave only a few minutes to connect to the next flight I'll need to move onto the 763 instead. Not quite sure why the IT system didn't pick up the misconnect!)
Old Jul 29, 2018, 3:01 pm
BOH

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

Am pretty certain this was an Airbius A320 or 319 though
Old Jul 29, 2018, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by EDIflyer
(as an aside, BA's automated systems seemed to then try and put me onto the 769, but given it would leave only a few minutes to connect to the next flight I'll need to move onto the 763 instead. Not quite sure why the IT system didn't pick up the misconnect!)
Give it a couple days, it should straighten itself out.
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:42 am
BOH

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN

Are you sure about that? As I said below, am pretty certain this was an A320 or A319 on the adjacent gate plus when I search that route on ba.com the message, "Sorry, there are no direct flights for this route, flights with connections are below" comes up
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:47 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH
Are you sure about that? As I said below, am pretty certain this was an A320 or A319 on the adjacent gate plus when I search that route on ba.com the message, "Sorry, there are no direct flights for this route, flights with connections are below" comes up
next time you are there why not look on Flightradar24 and see what it is?
Old Jul 30, 2018, 1:50 am

There is a flight from Glasgow, it is an E190.

If it’s a charter then it probably isn’t available on BA.com
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:06 am
BOH

Originally Posted by KARFA

next time you are there why not look on Flightradar24 and see what it is?
Thanks - because I wasn't aware of Flightradar24, so will do next time ^
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:08 am
BOH

Originally Posted by Jumbodriver
There is a flight from Glasgow, it is an E190.

If it’s a charter then it probably isn’t available on BA.com
Ok thanks - probably a cruise ship charter then as the Arrivals concourse was heaving yesterday with cruise company reps herding their pax towards coaches. Sounds like good use of the LCY fleet over the weekend ^
Old Jul 30, 2018, 4:38 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BA6501
Give it a couple days, it should straighten itself out.
Travel agent booking, they're trying to sort now - just couldn't work out why they'd stopped it for a some random days that month.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:25 pm

I just finally booked my holiday for this November. PIT-JFK-LHR. Back through Philly. So, going on 777 in WT+, didn’t select a seat at time of booking. Will I have issues at Check-in 24/h before? Also I have a bad knee, but don’t require help, prefer aisle seat, hoping one would be open. Would I be denied boarding without paying extra for a seat?

Last time on BA was over 30 years ago.

Thanks in advance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.