Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WW "airlines to go bust"

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by navylad
Given the proportion of domestic flights on Flybe, had it been in a healthier state, one might have predicted it would have been an airline least effected, the reality is of course far different. Whilst Covid-19 might be the immediate cause, it was almost inevitable without the virus impact IMHO.
Or is it just Virgin are not going to put anyone money in as it will have its own challenges having announced bookings down 40%, recruitment freeze and executive salary cuts.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Don't you think there should be a separate Flybe bankruptcy thread to deal with all the fallout? There's bound to be a lot of members here who are affected (NOT effected) who will want to discuss the situation.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:09 pm

Programs: BA OWS, A3*G
Does anyone know what happens to the LHR slots? Since Flybe didn't survive quite until the end of the winter schedule, does BA get them back, and if so will there be any restrictions imposed on their use? Or do they get reallocated to a competitor (U2 or Loganair maybe? Few are left...) to provide competition on LHR-Scotland routes?
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:11 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Concerto
Don't you think there should be a separate Flybe bankruptcy thread to deal with all the fallout? There's bound to be a lot of members here who are affected (NOT effected) who will want to discuss the situation.
There is in the appropriate board https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...t-go-bump.html
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by LiHS
Does anyone know what happens to the LHR slots? Since Flybe didn't survive quite until the end of the winter schedule, does BA get them back, and if so will there be any restrictions imposed on their use? Or do they get reallocated to a competitor (U2 or Loganair maybe? Few are left...) to provide competition on LHR-Scotland routes?
I imagine they will be handed back to BA to use, and if another competitor wants them, they will have to apply. Given the state of the airline industry at the moment, I'm sure BA don't really want these slots back right now!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by Bohinjska Bistrica
You do wonder whether BHD could become another victim here - is there enough business to justify it without Flybe?

​​​​​​
I have made RFS bookings now, so my travel will be OK.

They have BA and EI to LHR a few times daily and KLM to AMS once daily. Its days are numbered. Back to BFS I reckon - the night time ban at BHD does not help!
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:47 pm

Originally Posted by jonas123
I imagine they will be handed back to BA to use, and if another competitor wants them, they will have to apply. Given the state of the airline industry at the moment, I'm sure BA don't really want these slots back right now!
BA can make it work, particularly if they get the slot alleviation they’re begging for. Even if not, they have enough spare cash to fly them a bit until it calms down. It’s a real shame, flybe’s asset book would essentially have doubled in size if they could have lasted an extra month - to that extent, I think it probably is a direct impact of corona.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:51 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Confus
BA can make it work, particularly if they get the slot alleviation they’re begging for. Even if not, they have enough spare cash to fly them a bit until it calms down. It’s a real shame, flybe’s asset book would essentially have doubled in size if they could have lasted an extra month - to that extent, I think it probably is a direct impact of corona.
indeed, one could do some flight training- lots of touch and go landings 😂 [awaits pedant reaponse]
Old Mar 4, 2020, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Hawk777
won't be using anything just done a fake booking process to see if I could

The web site is now offline.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
The web site is now offline.
indeed

Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:35 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Very sad news, especially for the staff.

I wonder if BA will pick up a couple of the dash-8s to do circuit and bumps at LHR to keep their slots.
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:40 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de Actes Bénéfiques pour les Autres, BAEC Gold.
Latest on the flybe website, sadly confirming their demise:

https://www.flybe.com/
Old Mar 4, 2020, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It looks like it's definitely gone, according to the BBC.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/business-51746564
Old Mar 4, 2020, 11:53 pm

What happened to Virgin Atlantic's turnaround plans?
Old Mar 5, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Originally Posted by 13901
What happened to Virgin Atlantic's turnaround plans?
Sadly a case of all.mouth no trousers? Didn't know what to do with it yet jumped in with big vision ideas but no follow through. Covid 19 certainly the final nail in the coffin for Flybe but the writing has been on the wall for 15 months and the VS syndicate doesn't seem to have injected much if any real cash and no firm strategy. Opening LHR and LCY now seem like vanity projects
wrp96, Ldnn1 and 13901 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.