Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It wasn't meant to frighten you, it was really lovely to meet you and I hope to do so again one day.
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:19 pm

I'm almost ashamed to admit this...

The absolute nicest thing a cabin crew has ever done for me was put up with my bs all the way from Las Vegas to Dulles. I used to be a nervous flyer, and I was particularly bad on this flight: pacing up and down the aisle, keeping on running to the lavatory, keeping on running over to the FA's to nervously talk to them. I was quiet enough, which was probably the only thing that kept me from being put in that little "airplane jail" thing with the plastic handcuff. =\ The passengers were thoroughly vexed with me, including my seat neighbor...a good-looking Marine who at the beginning of the flight was chatting me up but by the end of the flight thought I was crazy. My two girlfriends were annoyed too and didn't let me live it down for a long time. =/

Well, the crew was SO sweet.....as far as I'm concerned they're saints for having not only put up with me on that flight, but being very kind and patient and engaging in conversation. There was one male and one female flight attendant, and the two of them were angels! They were not only extremely tolerant of me, but they also kept talking to me and never seemed to get annoyed....they were sweethearts!! God bless them because I honestly don't know if I could have put up with me on that flight the way they did! I'll never forget and will always appreciate their kindness.

Last edited by kittiepride; Mar 26, 2013 at 11:31 pm
Old May 3, 2013, 8:44 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Just this morning, a reasonably full (70% ish) LHR-AMS. I was in ET, and not at the front of ET either. On such a short route I never even consider there will be any time for chatting to crew, passenger recognition etc., just a mad dash to get everyone served!

So, the breakfast croissant trolley heads towards my row from the first row of ET with the crew handing out drinks and croissants quickly and efficiently. Then the CC arrives at our row - no apparent notes, no manifest, no iPad, but he addressed me by name, asked if all was OK, asked genuinely if there was anything else I would like and whether I needed any assistance on landing.

Considering it's such a short flight, and he was based at the rear of the plane, he must have run his eyes over the manifest before service started, memorised my name and seat (and possibly those of other pax) and still managed to get service completed efficiently. Maybe not the nicest thing ever, but a nice touch on a very short flight. ^
Old May 3, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
I very stupidly left my carry-on case on board an aircraft once, and only realised after passport control. Spoke to the staff in the T5 luggage hall who said they'd send someone to retrieve it, but it could take up to an hour. 5 mins later my name was paged and there was my bag - the cabin crew had brought it down with them, and it got there before the hold luggage my friends were waiting for. I was very grateful not to have to hang around and wait.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:33 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
3 G&Ts flying CDG-LHR in March this year, which helped to cure a massive hangover after the France-Scotland game and numbed the interminable nipping from my Jock companions about the Wales-England score. Thanks J-P!
Old May 3, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: EY Gold, BA Gold, EK Gold, CX Gold
A few years ago I was flying back from Boston. While stretching my legs looking out the aircraft door's window, I ended up chatting to the crew for about 15-20 mins. When I was going back to my seat they gave me 2 boxes of chocolate. It was, by far, the nicest thing any cabin crew have done for me.
Old May 3, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
A very good looking BA member of staff offered to share my hotel room in Singapore if I wanted her to *

* I was 11, an unaccompanied minor, stranded in Singapore overnight as delays ex-LHR meant i'd missed onward connections so BA accommodated me in the Pan Pacific and looked after me until the onward flight the next day. Being a 11 year old boy I said no
Old May 3, 2013, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
I was seated with my dad on a bmi's TLV-LHR flight (in the business class), 2 days before the last flight on that route.
During the flight the CSD came and made a 10 minutes chat with each passenger, saying how sorry he was that this route was going to end, and asking for the details of our flight back - on the way back we were on the very last LHR-TLV, seated in premium economy.

So, 2 days later, after boarding was finished, the CSD of that flight approached us and said "My colleague (the CSD from the previous flight), has talked to me, and I could arrange you 2 seats in business class as per his request".

She then also gave us the details of the CSD from the TLV-LHR flight, and we wrote them both something similar to a "well-done" note that BA currently has. It was by far the best service I have ever gotten on a commercial flight.

3 years later, he was the CSD onboard a BA TLV-LHR which my dad was on. The CSD remembered him and thanked him for the well done note, and they had a nice long chat about how working in BA compares to working in bmi.
Old May 3, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club
Both myself and my parents have had great experiences from CC. On a LHR to EDI morning flight I was sitting in the middle of the plane. The rear trolley worked all the way up to the row behind me, probably assuming the front trolley would serve breakfast to my row. Well, the front trolley didn't. A few minutes later a member of CC was walking past and realised this. Asked if I wanted some breakfast, I wasn't one to refuse. Got my tray and to my surprised an extra bit of bacon! It's the little things.

On a LHR to HKG flight on WT my parent had asked for some vodka and cokes before dinner. After dinner the CC member just kept topping them up with a further two drinks without my parent even asking! A real credit to BA. Not too delighted for my parents on landing in HKG though. Haha!
Old May 3, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
In 1997 flying Air Canada. I was told that
a meal wouldn't be served until 2hours before landing. As a poorly student I had relied upon the meal to fill me up. Sensing my hunger the CC returned 10 minutes later with what was clearly her own packed lunch for me. 15 years on and I haven't forgotten that kind gesture!
Old May 3, 2013, 10:57 pm

After BA "improvements" a few years back I was mourning the loss of fresh mint leaves in the mint tea in 1st(replaced with a teabag).....

I was told not to worry and after a kerfuffle ... a pot full of fresh mint leaves.

The crewmember grinned and said "business wont miss their mint springs on their desserts tonight".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.