Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
As a long time lurker, this thread is the perfect opportunity for me to come and join in.

The kindest thing that has happened to me was on a flight from MCO to LGW. On my way to the airport I had stopped to pick up some last minute shopping near the Florida mall. WhenI returned to the car, it had been broken into and all of my luggage, laptop and carry on taken ( luckily I had my passport and house keys with me!!) a devasting end to a holiday.

All I wanted to do on the return flight was watch a film and fall asleep and forget the whole sorry episode......sadly the entertainment system failed and after several attempts at a reboot the cabin crew gave up.......and frankly so did I. The day had been awful!!

The WT purser was really helpful and after I explained how the day had unfolded, disappeared and then reappeared several minutes later saying that the cabin manager wanted a word. I was moved to club world, given a drink, and slept the way home.

I hadn't asked for the upgrade, but I was truely impressed (and grateful) for the empathy and care that was shown.

Last edited by Drue23; Mar 21, 2013 at 4:42 pm Reason: Typo
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:34 pm

Programs: Latinpass Million Miler. BA Gold.
Asking me whether those kids sat behind me in CW were mine, and on my slightly hesitant 'yes' saying they had behaved ever so well on the long day flight.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Good Riddance FT!
Originally Posted by Drue23
The WT purser was really helpful and after I explained how the day had unfolded, disappeared and then reappeared several minutes later saying that the cabin manager wanted a word. I was moved to club world, given a drink, and slept the way home.

I hadn't asked for the upgrade, but I was truely impressed (and grateful) for the empathy and care that was shown.
Welcome to FT! Glad you joined. These are the kinds of actions that can earn a customer for life. Stick around!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:43 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Arienne du Rseau Courte Dure de British Airways
Welcome Drue.

This is the kind of thread that I like!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:49 pm

Location: Tokyo, Hong Kong & Barcelona (not in order of preference)
Programs: BA Gold, SPG Plat, LH SEN
The nicest thing BA crew have done for me was simply a pair of kind and understanding eyes and a quick turn down service on a flight where I wasn't at my best (traveling to a funeral). The same pair of kind eyes gave me a squeeze on the arm as I left the plane and I felt a lot better.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:51 pm

When my daughter was 8 years old, she asked for Hot Chocolate on a Continental flight. The ISM (CSD equivalent) explained that Continental didn't stock that beverage, but "just sit tight, little girl, and I'll see what I can rustle up!"

About ten minutes later, ISM returned with a steaming mug of hot chocolate. It turned out that one of the crew members had a sachet from a hotel room stashed away in a cabin bag and the ISM had been asking around!

It was a noble gesture - and we still sometimes see that ISM on United flights out of London!

The gesture is still remembered by my daughter and, as a British Airways crew member herself several years later, I know how much that experience has influenced her service style.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
About 20 years ago was stuck on the plane at Heathrow waiting for clearance to leave in thick fog on a flight to FRA. I was travelling to Cologne to spend the weekend with my husband who was working there at the time. He told me he had booked a "surprise" hotel for me so I was looking forward to the trip.

After a couple of hours I got a bit upset due to the extended delay and a member of cabin crew spotted this and was very sympathetic. She let me get off the plane to call him so he knew of the extended delay (this being in the days before we all had mobile phones) and it meant he was able to tell me which hotel he had booked so I couldn't miss him.

I've never forgotten her kindness and how that small gesture made a difficult situation more bearable.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Plat, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
I was chatting with the crew on a LHR-ARN flight to Stockholm, I was a little tipsy but we were having a good old laugh, on the descent the CSD brought a massive bag and put it in the overhead locker declaring "I'll just put your duty free up here." When I checked on the way out they had loaded a bag full of champagne and miniatures. Cracking crew, will never forget their generosity and warmth, it wasn't the freebies but the kindness in the act.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
I think I mentioned it on another thread but on an early morning flight from LHR to GLA, the CC serving my row and a few more in front of me was doing the meal service. A few rows later she served it was time for her to bring the trolley back to the galley and she noticed that my breakfast was empty so she collected the tray. By this point it was about 5 or 10 minutes since she laid the tray on my table.

I thought to my self "Okay, she is good, she probably knows that I hate an empty tray occupying my table..."

I was surprised when she returned with a second tray by magic! It was like she read my mind that I *wouldn't* mind a second helping and she served it with a smile saying "Go on then!" .

Logged a ba.com/welldone for her. If only all flights were like that

/AE
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Cabin crew highlights include:

Originally Posted by CSD
"Here you are lads..." [hands over the 747 UD manifest printed on blue paper] "...sorry it's not pink"
Originally Posted by Gay Cabin Crew
[camp voice]"Oooh, no! It's blue for boys"
Another highlight:
I caught the champagne cork
Old Mar 21, 2013, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom
Cabin crew highlights include:

Another highlight:
I caught the champagne cork
^
Nice story, used to know some Italian BA CC, very friendly
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome Drue23

Originally Posted by Drue23
As a long time lurker, this thread is the perfect opportunity for me to come and join in.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, Drue23, and congratulations on your first posting. Please continue to post away, and I just hope they aren't quite so bitter-sweet! Hopefully we can see you at one of BAFT's Do's too at some point. Welcome again.

I have to say, in terms of endings to your holiday that really is a bit of a shocker, hopefully you'll never come across that again. Happy travelling!
Old Mar 21, 2013, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Fishy tale.

Many years ago on a flight from INV the steward noticed I had a large sea trouts tail sticking out of my fishing bag.....I had caught it that morning on the Spey.
He offered to take the fish put it in a poly bag full of ice cubes and gave me it back when I got off at GLA.

That's one reason I think BA cabin crew are the best.

Great thread....
Old Mar 21, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
On the 285 last week we had a stellar crew. First time up the back of the bus in a while for us, and we were not particularly looking forward to it.

From boarding, the crew were all chatty, friendly and genuinely warm. Even better, one of the crew appeared unbidden with beer for Mr Z, and a couple of bottles of Cava for me, "just because". I didn't have the heart to tell him that I don't drink, it was such a lovely gesture. That was shortly after another crew member surprised the couple in front of us with glasses of champers because they were on honeymoon.

An absolute pleasure to fly with those guys, and a pleasure for me to fill in the welldone online that evening.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 8:08 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, BA GGL/CCR,/GFL, A3 Gold, JBU Mosaic, ITA Executive, HHonors Diamond
was flying in CE and curry-based lunch was served...they ran out of lunch options, everyone around me was eating curry, to which i am quite intolerant and curry was all that was left.
I admit i felt i was behaving as a DYWIA as i moved back to economy, to stay away from the curry smell (i know, its crazy to have that intolerance, especially on BA)
The purser came back to economy, offered a full empty row for and prepared a meal for me out some non-curry leftover and a crew meal
While i did not argue with anyone and my companion explained i was fine and told them the reason why i moved, i found this an amazing show of service and class
I felt so guilty i almost asked for the curry dish

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.