Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Good lord not Century 21...It is an outlet outside of the city..Woodbury commons.
I took my mum yo New York for her birthday a few years ago and she wanted to shop... So, I took her to Woodbury Common...

I had to remind her several times to remember she had a luggage allowance on the way home!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:33 pm

Not my experience but my grandfathers. He was travelling many years back to Bermuda every month or so for business, and one day had to jump on the flight last minute to attend a meeting.

In the hurry I think he forgot to pack any sort of useful things into his luggage and crucially forgot a spare shirt other than the one he was wearing.

Once on board, a rather merry passenger was enjoying a chat, standing in the aisle when they were knocked accidentally by a passing passenger and threw their wine all over my grandfather's shirt.

The ashamed passenger just returned to their seat very quietly, however, the CC said he had overheard the conversation about the important meeting my grandfather was off to as soon as he landed

Of course the shirt stain would be extremely embarrassing with no time to buy a new one once he had landed.

A few moments later, the CC asked my Grandfather to follow him to the galley, where he said, "you need a white shirt, I'm wearing a white shirt" and promptly removed his and swapped with my grandfather, leaving him looking clean and crisp, and the CC member with a big red wine stain across him!

Now that's what I call service and (as I have always said to my Grandfather) the BA difference!
Old Mar 23, 2013, 3:25 am

Programs: BA Gold, EK Gold, GF Silver, IC Royal Ambass, Marriott Gold, TK Elite
Last year coming back from CAI to LHR in CW the smoked salmon breakfast starter had run out. The CC serving my aisle disappeared for a moment and came back with the smoked trout starter from First for me. I dont know why but the guy behind me asked for smoked salmon too and was simply told it had run out and hed have to have the fresh fruit.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 4:09 am

Programs: BA Gold. Mucci Diamond Hairbursh & Mucci des Sacs Exotiques
What a lovely, positive thread. Well done to the OP :-:. Some truly wonderful stories.

I have had some great experiences with BA crew, and one particular act of kindness has always stayed with me.
About 15 years ago I developed an awful fear of flying. I was on my own in CE when the flight entered some terrible turbulence. All the crew had to take to their seats. The crew member looking after CE saw how stressed I was, got up, grabbed some small bottles of champagne, and came to sit next to me. For the next 90 minutes (yes the turbulence was that bad) he sat next to me, made sure I had a couple of glasses to calm down, and chatted about anything and everything to take my mind off my fears. I became loyal to BA from that point on. ^^
Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:46 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Gave birth to me.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 8:59 am

Programs: BA GfL
A couple of years ago we were flying back to PHL from LHR in WT+. Partway into the flight, I came down with a severe migraine. I was clearly in such distress that the FA noticed, asked me about it, and was kind enough to let me spend hours in CW lying down and napping on an empty seat there, as well as bringing me diet Cokes and water so I could caffeinate and ibuprofen myself into sanity. In that situation, the diet Coke was a lot more valuable to me than any bottle of wine!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Travelling from Heathrow to Moscow in Club Europe back in 2006. I was on my own and got chatting to the crew during the flight on one or two occasions. They wondered if I was crew as I was so friendly with them and knew a bit about aviation. During the conversation, I asked if they night stopped and I found out they didn't... and they wondered if I lived in London and I said I didn't. There was an element of attraction there from at least one of the crew

Anyway, while we were descending, I was handed a Duty Free bag and told, "Here's your Duty Free, sir!" with a look that said just go with it. I thanked the crew member and stowed it away.

When I got to my hotel, I discovered my "Duty Free" consisted of a full large bottle of champagne, 3 mini vodkas, 3 mini gins, 3 tonic waters, 3 cokes and 3 lemonades. Bless them!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 3:05 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by travelmad478
A couple of years ago we were flying back to PHL from LHR in WT+. Partway into the flight, I came down with a severe migraine. I was clearly in such distress that the FA noticed, asked me about it, and was kind enough to let me spend hours in CW lying down and napping on an empty seat there, as well as bringing me diet Cokes and water so I could caffeinate and ibuprofen myself into sanity. In that situation, the diet Coke was a lot more valuable to me than any bottle of wine!
As a fellow migraine sufferer I can absolutely sympathise how much you'd have appreciated that gesture.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 4:07 pm
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
Does anyone know if the messages you send via the compliments page on BA'S site actually make it to the crew?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:29 pm

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
In the mid nineties, on a long flight to Buenos Aires, seated in coach... had a good time chatting with a very nice FA. We talked among other things about airline food, how it can appear bland and unpersonal when you travel a lot.

As the second meal was served she came back to me and offered with a big smile a full fresh artichoke which had been grown in her garden, and which she had steamed just for me in the galley... I have never ever had a better meal in the air.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Took the TLV red eye back to LHR many years ago. Seated in Business the storage above me was full so put it in the nearest bin. A young Israeli lady got on, saw my bag in "her" space and decided she would remove it. Problem was it had a fair few things in it and she was not capable of handling the weight so it crashed to the floor PC and all !!

Cabin Crew saw this and moved in to action. She could see I was annoyed but I knew that if I started to remonstrate with the young lady there would be a major issue. She apologized to me (CC that was) found a place for my bag and gave a big smile.

later in the flight she came over and thanked me for not starting an argument. Later she reappeared with a duty free bag, thanked me again and smiled. Inside was 3 bottles of the smaller champagnes served.

She handled the situation very well which could have got nasty but luckily there was an English Gentleman involved.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 5:56 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Ziz
Does anyone know if the messages you send via the compliments page on BA'S site actually make it to the crew?
It depends how you write in. If you do the "/thankyou" form, then we get to see the compliment and a copy of it goes on our file. We also find out about it fairly quickly. I've had a few since I've been at BA, and the customers or incidents in question are always fresh in my mind. Comments in the onboard questionnaire about us never get passed on, although we do find out about the scores we get. Onboard comments cards I've no idea about as nobody has ever asked me for one in two years but definitely worth doing the online form.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 6:47 pm
Ziz

Originally Posted by Lite
It depends how you write in. If you do the "/thankyou" form, then we get to see the compliment and a copy of it goes on our file. We also find out about it fairly quickly. I've had a few since I've been at BA, and the customers or incidents in question are always fresh in my mind. Comments in the onboard questionnaire about us never get passed on, although we do find out about the scores we get. Onboard comments cards I've no idea about as nobody has ever asked me for one in two years but definitely worth doing the online form.
Ok that's great news. I often fill the online form in in hopes that the crew in question will actually see it. Happy to hear it's not been in vain .
Old Mar 25, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by Ziz
I happened to bump into the CSM who was working on my flight, three days later, at a pub where I was meeting friends for lunch - apparently it's his local.

He had also worked a flight I took four months earlier and so there had been a rapport on the second flight. I sent a /welldone to BA for him sorting some issues I had with my booking via his iPad.

While we were at the pub, he thanked me for sending it in.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 8:43 pm
Community Director Emerita

Can I Help You shocked the heck out of me by introducing himself to me on a LHR-CAI flight. We had a lovely chat. It made my flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.