FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1451158-whats-nicest-thing-member-cabin-crew-did-you.html)

London_traveller Mar 21, 2013 2:51 pm

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

The title gives it away..

I am genuinely interested in something that CC did for you when on board, that made you smile. Might have been something big, or something small.

Particularly interested in the smaller things, as that can sometimes make the most difference. :)

Oh, by the way, I'm not a BA apologist. This is a genuine question as I'm interested to know.

krich Mar 21, 2013 2:54 pm

Purser in First on a night flight back from the US last year. I wasn't too hungry so asked him if I could have the soup about two hours after take-off. Two hours later, I got a steaming hot bowl of soup, though the rest of the cabin was fast asleep and what made it extraordinarily lovely, was that he had got a small bowl, wrapped a napkin in a swan shape and made me a lovely warm bread basket with a selection of breads.

gav0106 Mar 21, 2013 2:55 pm

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Couple of things, one staff saw it was our anniversary and packed up champagne for us to take with us small touch but was good. Coming back from DME CC gave me bag if the new BA teas to take as I liked it. It's the small touches :)

Sandgrounder Mar 21, 2013 2:55 pm

Not telling. ;)

Anselmi Mar 21, 2013 3:02 pm

Returning back to home on New Years eve (CE) and just getting better of food poisoning I suffered on 12 h flight the same day the purser gave us a few bottles of champagne. Later when I was better and drank them the gesture (and the champagne) made me really happy. Btw. it was amazing to see fire works below the aircraft while landing. Beautiful.

stevieed Mar 21, 2013 3:03 pm

3 things for me:

1. Flight from NRT-LHR with my parents. The purser asked my dad if he would like to try another wine or continue with his current choice. My dad said that the current choice (New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc IIRC) was one of his favourite wines so he'd be sticking with that. Purser reappears with two bottles, one to pour and one for "sir to enjoy when he gets home". Was a lovely touch that cost BA very little, but gained a lot of unexpected goodwill.
2. Flight from LHR to PVG. The CC came to be and said he had a problem "sir, I have a problem, can you help me out? You see, no-one else is drinking the champagne and I have a nearly full bottle opened" :D
3. Flight from SIN to LHR. It was my first time in CW and my first time on UD no less. The CC, especially one person, were all over me. Amazing service and just incredible banter from them. It really solidified my good opinion of BA

asr2999 Mar 21, 2013 3:07 pm

Gave me a Vicks stick when I had a cold and suffered from ear pain during the descent, as my nose was completely stuffed...
I was really amazed. That was on a SH flight from Rome. ^

I always carry one with me now.

CreativeBill Mar 21, 2013 3:11 pm

I had one offer to swap my husband for my continuously topped up Champagne glass, which I naturally agreed to :D

Sadly, he didn't collect on his side of the deal and my husband followed me home.

London_traveller Mar 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by Sandgrounder (Post 20459648)
Not telling. ;)

Oh wow. Well, that invokes memories of a recent thread on Elemis staff at LHR, and an older thread about someone in seat 2A who got rather more than they bargained for in the loo at thirty thousand feet. But I'm probably reading far too much into your 'not telling' response. ;)

NoWindowSeat Mar 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Once I was upgraded by CSD from CW (albeit from a very nice UD seat) to 2A during taxi, that was a nice start to a 10hr daytime flight.

missdimeaner Mar 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Thinking long and hard about this one.....
There are so many times when a member of crew has gone that extra yard, one of the most recent was LHR-ORD when OH couldn't eat the ' snack' (WT+), she went and got him a fruit plate from CW (I think, and assorted other goodies) .
One of the reasons that BA now have my loyalty -and probably the most important one too, is that the crew are always pleasant and professional - I don't dread getting on board, usually in WT as I do on AAnother airline (which I used to fly almost exclusively) .

wantogothere Mar 21, 2013 3:24 pm

We were in OF for our first flight in First last year on our honeymoon. The crew were lovely and just before we started our descent into Chicago the Purser gave us a bottle of champagne to take with us - we were so touched.

NF on the way back - I was lucky to get a cuppa!

LTN Phobia Mar 21, 2013 3:30 pm

It wasn't done directly to/for me. But one of the nicest things that I have seen on a BA flight was an F purser, whom I think may have been on her break but couldn't sleep, found out that there was a passenger with horrible sore throat down the back and she was looking everywhere for honey so that she could make her a warm lemon and honey drink.

I thought it was so sweet and kind of her.

ColdWalker Mar 21, 2013 3:43 pm

Two crew, on hearing I had a tight connection (not on the same PNR) made sure I was off the plane first and even drew me an idiots guide to PVG airport to ensure I would find the other terminal. I still have the idiots guide because I thought it was such a kind thing to do. I didn't have the heart to tell them I knew PVG like the back of my hand :)

BizFlyin Mar 21, 2013 4:31 pm

A few years ago, it was probably 2004 or 2003, I was on an AA itinerary from TLV to the US. Due to snow in London, the schedule got destroyed. I ended up being on BA both segments with a nice stay in London in between. On my flight from LHR to the US, my special meal had not been loaded (as would be expected with all the confusion)

I explain the problem to the cabin crew in CW, and they concoted for me back in the galley something (and I still have no clue how they did) which perfectly matched my dietary restrictions, was delicious, and was not on the menu.

I was very grateful to not go hungry tatl, and that stuck in my mind for years until I re-evaluated my silly commitment to LY, and made the leap.