Wiki Posts
Search

expertflyer waitlist closed?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

expertflyer waitlist closed?

To all you regular expertflyer users!

If availability shows for example J9 C9 DC RC...does this mean there is 0 chance of D or R opening up again? im trying to figure out whether to hold out for D basically!

Thanks all. ^
Old May 4, 2013, 2:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Abstract1
If availability shows for example J9 C9 DC RC...does this mean there is 0 chance of D or R opening up again? im trying to figure out whether to hold out for D basically!
Anything is possible! For example, it only takes one large family to cancel or rebook and everything opens up again.

However if it is J9 DC or D0 then I would not hold out much luck, that may well be a sign of BA saying "we are preserving the margin, we think we can force business travellers to pay more by talking out restricted inventory". Or even "Well at that price we will shove them into First if we have to". May well relate to what the competitor is up to, especially Virgin, if that is applicable. Then 48 hours before departure they may re-open D in the hope that no one cancels and rebooks (which apparently passengers rarely do, even when the financial advantage is clear cut).

If you give us the route and approximate timing then we can continue to pontificate pointlessly with slightly more information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.