Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the nicest thing a member of Cabin Crew did for you?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2013, 9:37 pm
Suspended

For me, it was a QF A380 ex LHR crew.
The crew was super throughout the flight. We chatted at the onboard lounge and they keep on serving me stuff to eat. and when I left the plane at SIN a big bag was presented to me (F Class PJs and amenity kits, and an A380 model plane)
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:14 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Does it count if the "nicest thing the crew did for me" occured about 12 hours after the flight had landed?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hyatt, Marriot, HHonors
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Once I was upgraded by CSD from CW (albeit from a very nice UD seat) to 2A during taxi, that was a nice start to a 10hr daytime flight.
Ditto but from good seat in lower deck to 2A.
And the best touch "Goodbye Mr Getafix" from CSD when leaving the aircraft.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Bottle of fizz on arrival at JFK after my first First some years ago. There had only been 4 pax in the cabin and the CC proudly told me that I was by far the nicest passenger!

I think that one small touch maybe 5 years ago has helped to keep me loyal to BA ever since.

(Only slightly dented earlier this week by having a CSD shout at me because my IFE didn't work... I know she was stressed by other issues on the flight but it wasn't my fault that I couldn't watch a film !)
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: BA: Silver,
1. Hours of entertainment with card tricks in (O)F on a MIA - LHR trip
2. On a QF SIN - LHR, with an 11 month old, in Y, after a grumpy CC had been less than helpful, the purser / CSD / ??? swooped in, apologised for his co-worker and swamped us with 'raidings' from the F bar...
3. After buying an admittedly too large package in Duty Free (iMac), a very helpful and friendly CC stored it safely for me on board.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:27 am

I once helped a member of CC sell an Empower adapter (she asked me to explain to another pax how it worked) in CW and was given a thank you bottle of champers on arrival.

Another time CC opened a new bottle of wine for me even though I said I'd have something else to avoid wasting the rest of the bottle. Rest of said bottle was re corked and handed to me on arrival.

Both were on UD and strangely enough both involved alcohol...
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:54 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
On our flight LHR-MIA a couple of months ago, the lovely CC gave us a bottle of champagne to 'enjoy on your holiday', we actually still haven't drunk it but it was a lovely thing to do and a BA 'well done' was filled in.

When we moved to PEK, I was very upset on the flight out, CC were so kind to me when they saw I was upset and I'd explained why, they kept checking I was ok and were kindness itself, a 'well done' was sent then as well.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
This is the kind of thread that I like!
Spill the beans: what's the nicest thing a passenger has done for you? Sounds like an odd question but I reckon there must have been some random acts of kindness that stick in your mind.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:31 am

On our first long haul with the baby from IST-HKG on TK.

We were getting the normal stares and clicks from all of the passengers in C, the chef wouldn't leave us alone (couldn't understand why we wouldn't enjoy his creations, but in reality they would've been rubbed into the seat by the child, no doubt) we were getting very stressed out by it all..

We landed, left the aircraft, traveled through the whole airport, including transit trains and the like (anyone familiar with HKG will know it's a fair trek.)

Whilst we were collecting our bags, the flight attendant tapped me on the shoulder and gave me my little girls favourite toy, we'd left it on the aircraft. That, i thought, was very kind.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:33 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
a hand job..
Old Mar 22, 2013, 1:52 am

On return from the Middle East in 2000 (I was 8), a member of the cabin crew went up to the flight deck to ask the Captain whether I could visit. Sadly, by the time she returned with good news, I had fallen fast asleep! A regret I have to this very day.

Originally Posted by Sandgrounder
Not telling.
Say no more!
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:07 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
I was in the elemis spa this one day..................
Old Mar 22, 2013, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've had quite a few outstanding experiences as I would call them. The most memorable was when the CC in F gave my wife and I a bottle of wine and champagne with us after the flight (we were off to get married).

Although this was more interesting than a nice gesture, on the same flight they showed me the sleeping area in the tail of the plane (747).

More recently, a CC member offered to give us a break and play with our son on a LH flight.

H
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:01 am
Suspended

Well not sure how to categorised this but I recall on a LHR-DXB trip, the CC cordoned off the door area with the curtains so I can get change back into normal clothing, so I don't need to be cramp inside the lavatory.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 3:16 am

Programs: DL, BA Silver, VS, BA Amex PP
First flight with my 17 month old daughter, in CW, to Denver. Our daughter got the very first bread roll straight out of the oven to tide her over until the meals were ready, and then later a selection of different parts of dishes from the menu, including her own cheese plate, in the hope we could find something she would eat (as she was an infant, no meal could be loaded for her, but she was too big for us to try and pack food for her). We really couldn't have been better looked after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.