Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: T8191
The FlyerTalk BAEC Forum London DO!

Date and timings: Friday 7th June from 6pm

Pre-boarding is from 5pm, but the main event kicks off at 6pm. Indicative timings for the rest of the evening are food at 7:30 and auction at 8:30. These may move slightly on the day depending on when people arrive, so get there early!

Venue: Parliament Panorama, St Thomas' Hospital, SE1 7EH

There will be signage and staff available to guide you to your gate, but the venue is essentially in between the waterfront and St Thomas' hospital, it is visible from Westminster Bridge.

This is quite an exciting venue that Chris and I have managed to procure, we hope you all enjoy it! We have use of XboX and Wii, with large TV screens, for some gaming entertainment. The view will of course be wonderful, if you can pull yourselves away from the bar. There is also an outdoor area, with views over the Thames towards The Houses of Parliament. See below for the current build status!

Food:

The venue have very kindly agreed to put on a "British Summer Classic" picnic free of charge, this will include;

Mini coronation chicken tarts
Mini pea, asparagus tarts with mint crme fraiche
Selection of smoked salmon and mackerel with horseradish cream and watercress
Beetroot, orange and rhubard salad
British cheese platter with oatcakes and relish
Hand carved meats with piccalilli and breas

Alcohol:

There will be a bar on site serving bottled beers, spirits, wines and champagne. The prices are very reasonable, starting at just 3 for a bottle of beer! Please note that there will only be one credit card machine at the venue, so we kindly ask you to bring cash and only use the machine for larger purchases!

Link to Pre-Order wine list

Local amenities:

There are numerous hotels in the local area (ranging from Premier Inn to Mariott) and the venue is located 10 minutes walk from Waterloo Station and Westminster Station.

Auction and raffle:

We will be holding a charity auction at the event, full "prizes" to be announced on the night (we are looking for kind donations, so if anyone has anything to auction then please do let us know), but the current offering is:

Two week vacation in an Orlando villa. The villa has 7 bedrooms, sleeping up to 14 people, has a pool, gamesroom and large family room. It is located just a few miles from the theme parks and overlooks a nature reserve. Flights are not included and blackout dates (such as bank holidays and school holidays) will apply. Please PM me for further information.

Fancy having an FT renowned chef cook you and 3 guests dinner? Fancy having food and alcohol included? I know I do, so if you live within the M25 then bid for this amazing prize!

So you've bid for, and won, the chef's dinner for 4 persons. What could make the night even more special? How about having our very own pianoamit supply his wonderful musical talent? A piano is required, but this is one talent not to be missed!

Case of Champagne kindly donated by one of the suppliers to the event.

There will also be a raffle, with tickets costing 10 each and an amazing array of prizes on offer! This is a St Thomas' hospital raffle with just 300 tickets on sale, so when they are gone, they are gone! Snap them up quickly!

Link to Raffle Prizes

Charity begins on FT

We are a lovely bunch, but let us not forget that whilst we complain about the gloop in Galleries First or the breadcrumbs on our seat in Club Europe or the horror of trying to drink slightly warm vintage Champagne in First that there are people out there who are genuinely suffering. So whilst we are drinking Champagne and enjoying the beautiful view across the river, please do dig deep and consider those less fortunate. As such we will be supporting two charities that I feel passionately about, one I have known about for some time, the other is new to me, but one that touches the heart;

Holidays For Heroes: Our very own T8192 and his Bears work for this not-for-profit organisation, which provides respite holidays for our military wounded, wives/widows and their families.
Evelina Trust: An NHS Foundation to support sick children and their families, run by the very venue we are hosting our event in.
Print Wikipost

London* Do - Friday 7 June (* Sarf)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
sounds like an average FT do. or F flight. for some.
Glad you said that, because the Dos that I attended didn't end up with people throwing up or drunk out of their heads, and have not seen anyone so drunk in F.

Don't know about the others, but that is from MY experience.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Glad you said that, because the Dos that I attended didn't end up with people throwing up or drunk out of their heads, and have not seen anyone so drunk in F.

Ah, you you've obviously never been to a proper Do then!
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Count me in ! It's good to see there are some of us suvveners around.
I drive past the 'I' place sometimes - isn't it the one that has the permanent posse of police vans so that they can chauffeur all those that cannot hold their drink and other items that have been ingested ????
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by BahrainLad
Ah, you you've obviously never been to a proper Do then!
Well I guess someone said that only losers attend Dos... And apparently I attend pseudo Dos... I bet this wknd's do will be just great, sorry am gonna miss it.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:33 am

I am talking about Proper Dos though....
Old Mar 14, 2013, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
London* Do - Friday 7 June (* Sarf)

Clapham (and Infernos) were the Silver card days for me. Fond memories but there comes a point when you move on (and in case of Infernos not go back).
Old Mar 14, 2013, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am talking about Proper Dos though....
Thanks, but I'd rather the style that I attended.

Maybe the organizers of this coming Do should ask you for some pointers.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Well I guess someone said that only losers attend Dos... And apparently I attend pseudo Dos... I bet this wknd's do will be just great, sorry am gonna miss it.
I am sorry that we will miss you this weekend! But there will be other quality Do's that we shall attend!

/AE
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:15 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Those are MoreFlyingTalk.com Do's

*He says half jokingly
Old Mar 14, 2013, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you come to NY we could all have a Do here. A proper Do.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 4:28 pm

If you come to NY we could all have a Do here. A proper Do.
I'm in! I don't need much of an excuse to go to NY. I almost convinced the missus that we could fly out Good Friday, and back Easter Sunday - and take advantage of the BA sale with 2 nights at the Ritz Carlton.

Almost convinced...

We settled for a night in Leeds at the Marriott in the end.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:17 pm

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Originally Posted by DYKWIA

*He says half jokingly
*slap*

I love New York.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 5:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ohhh, change her mind and if you come I will extend my stay. There ate lots who live here.
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:21 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA

*He says half jokingly
I was actually referring to the BA Dos organised by the Queen of Dos, Jenbel, which included such highlights as

- landing on Scottish beaches
- getting lost on London buses
- being rescued from an Edinburgh lavatory by firefighters

and many more!
Old Mar 15, 2013, 3:31 am

I was actually referring to the BA Dos organised by the Queen of Dos, Jenbel, which included such highlights as

- landing on Scottish beaches
- getting lost on London buses
- being rescued from an Edinburgh lavatory by firefighters

and many more!
Yes - I recall the post-event threads.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.