Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: T8191
The FlyerTalk BAEC Forum London DO!

Date and timings: Friday 7th June from 6pm

Pre-boarding is from 5pm, but the main event kicks off at 6pm. Indicative timings for the rest of the evening are food at 7:30 and auction at 8:30. These may move slightly on the day depending on when people arrive, so get there early!

Venue: Parliament Panorama, St Thomas' Hospital, SE1 7EH

There will be signage and staff available to guide you to your gate, but the venue is essentially in between the waterfront and St Thomas' hospital, it is visible from Westminster Bridge.

This is quite an exciting venue that Chris and I have managed to procure, we hope you all enjoy it! We have use of XboX and Wii, with large TV screens, for some gaming entertainment. The view will of course be wonderful, if you can pull yourselves away from the bar. There is also an outdoor area, with views over the Thames towards The Houses of Parliament. See below for the current build status!

Food:

The venue have very kindly agreed to put on a "British Summer Classic" picnic free of charge, this will include;

Mini coronation chicken tarts
Mini pea, asparagus tarts with mint crme fraiche
Selection of smoked salmon and mackerel with horseradish cream and watercress
Beetroot, orange and rhubard salad
British cheese platter with oatcakes and relish
Hand carved meats with piccalilli and breas

Alcohol:

There will be a bar on site serving bottled beers, spirits, wines and champagne. The prices are very reasonable, starting at just 3 for a bottle of beer! Please note that there will only be one credit card machine at the venue, so we kindly ask you to bring cash and only use the machine for larger purchases!

Link to Pre-Order wine list

Local amenities:

There are numerous hotels in the local area (ranging from Premier Inn to Mariott) and the venue is located 10 minutes walk from Waterloo Station and Westminster Station.

Auction and raffle:

We will be holding a charity auction at the event, full "prizes" to be announced on the night (we are looking for kind donations, so if anyone has anything to auction then please do let us know), but the current offering is:

Two week vacation in an Orlando villa. The villa has 7 bedrooms, sleeping up to 14 people, has a pool, gamesroom and large family room. It is located just a few miles from the theme parks and overlooks a nature reserve. Flights are not included and blackout dates (such as bank holidays and school holidays) will apply. Please PM me for further information.

Fancy having an FT renowned chef cook you and 3 guests dinner? Fancy having food and alcohol included? I know I do, so if you live within the M25 then bid for this amazing prize!

So you've bid for, and won, the chef's dinner for 4 persons. What could make the night even more special? How about having our very own pianoamit supply his wonderful musical talent? A piano is required, but this is one talent not to be missed!

Case of Champagne kindly donated by one of the suppliers to the event.

There will also be a raffle, with tickets costing 10 each and an amazing array of prizes on offer! This is a St Thomas' hospital raffle with just 300 tickets on sale, so when they are gone, they are gone! Snap them up quickly!

Link to Raffle Prizes

Charity begins on FT

We are a lovely bunch, but let us not forget that whilst we complain about the gloop in Galleries First or the breadcrumbs on our seat in Club Europe or the horror of trying to drink slightly warm vintage Champagne in First that there are people out there who are genuinely suffering. So whilst we are drinking Champagne and enjoying the beautiful view across the river, please do dig deep and consider those less fortunate. As such we will be supporting two charities that I feel passionately about, one I have known about for some time, the other is new to me, but one that touches the heart;

Holidays For Heroes: Our very own T8192 and his Bears work for this not-for-profit organisation, which provides respite holidays for our military wounded, wives/widows and their families.
Evelina Trust: An NHS Foundation to support sick children and their families, run by the very venue we are hosting our event in.
Print Wikipost

London* Do - Friday 7 June (* Sarf)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by stevieed
The venue has moved from the Falcon and more towards the river.

We are awaiting final confirmation, but suffice to say it's rather special and the views will be spectactular.
Pods on the London Eye or top floor in The Shard?
Old May 8, 2013, 5:52 am

Royal festival hall?
National theatre?
Tate modern?
Old May 8, 2013, 6:06 am

Programs: BAEC Blue, VS Red, IHG Platinum
Can I go down as a maybe? Depends if a Cotswold weekend goes ahead or not, Ed
Old May 8, 2013, 7:06 am

If you can please add me to the list. Some exciting venue, perhaps Carluccios in T5
Old May 8, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue
Circuits and Bumps in a BA A380?
Old May 8, 2013, 7:54 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
If there's still space, I'd be keen to attend.
Old May 8, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by exilencfc
Circuits and Bumps in a BA A380?
We were considering having BA re-create this advert but with the A380, but they said no

Something to do with Health and Safety or some nonsense.

However, to continue the tease, the above photo does indeed include a clue...
Old May 8, 2013, 8:01 am

Programs: BAEC GCH, CXMP Gold, Amex Plat, HH Gold, Accor Plat, SPG Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by skye1
If there's still space, I'd be keen to attend.
Absolutely, would be lovely to have you along!

There is a space limit of 350*, but we will need to know numbers/names ahead of time as there is a security element involved.

*work out which plane it could be
Old May 8, 2013, 8:09 am

We were considering having BA re-create this advert but with the A380, but they said no

We're taking over the Houses of Parliament?
Old May 8, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver, *A Gold
I should be in London around then, so if those 350 spaces haven't already been snapped up, can my name be penciled in please?
Old May 8, 2013, 8:46 am

Hmm. Haven't seen this thread before (not sure how I missed it). Please add me to the attendee list assuming there is still space.
Old May 8, 2013, 9:42 am
hsk

Programs: *A, OW, Hyatt, Marriott
Would love to! +1 please

Oddly enough, learnt of London meetings from a FTer..on the tube...after he was coming back from a Do :-)
Old May 8, 2013, 10:48 am

Programs: Meow Mix
stevieed,

We are still waiting....................

/AE
Old May 8, 2013, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by Physci
The venue has moved from the Falcon and more towards the river.

We are awaiting final confirmation, but suffice to say it's rather special and the views will be spectactular.
Pods on the London Eye or top floor in The Shard?
Good guesses re views for the 2 venues that were offered to us and made the final short list. ;-)
Old May 8, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,

Boat on the Thames?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.