Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 30, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: T8191
The FlyerTalk BAEC Forum London DO!

Date and timings: Friday 7th June from 6pm

Pre-boarding is from 5pm, but the main event kicks off at 6pm. Indicative timings for the rest of the evening are food at 7:30 and auction at 8:30. These may move slightly on the day depending on when people arrive, so get there early!

Venue: Parliament Panorama, St Thomas' Hospital, SE1 7EH

There will be signage and staff available to guide you to your gate, but the venue is essentially in between the waterfront and St Thomas' hospital, it is visible from Westminster Bridge.

This is quite an exciting venue that Chris and I have managed to procure, we hope you all enjoy it! We have use of XboX and Wii, with large TV screens, for some gaming entertainment. The view will of course be wonderful, if you can pull yourselves away from the bar. There is also an outdoor area, with views over the Thames towards The Houses of Parliament. See below for the current build status!

Food:

The venue have very kindly agreed to put on a "British Summer Classic" picnic free of charge, this will include;

Mini coronation chicken tarts
Mini pea, asparagus tarts with mint crme fraiche
Selection of smoked salmon and mackerel with horseradish cream and watercress
Beetroot, orange and rhubard salad
British cheese platter with oatcakes and relish
Hand carved meats with piccalilli and breas

Alcohol:

There will be a bar on site serving bottled beers, spirits, wines and champagne. The prices are very reasonable, starting at just 3 for a bottle of beer! Please note that there will only be one credit card machine at the venue, so we kindly ask you to bring cash and only use the machine for larger purchases!

Link to Pre-Order wine list

Local amenities:

There are numerous hotels in the local area (ranging from Premier Inn to Mariott) and the venue is located 10 minutes walk from Waterloo Station and Westminster Station.

Auction and raffle:

We will be holding a charity auction at the event, full "prizes" to be announced on the night (we are looking for kind donations, so if anyone has anything to auction then please do let us know), but the current offering is:

Two week vacation in an Orlando villa. The villa has 7 bedrooms, sleeping up to 14 people, has a pool, gamesroom and large family room. It is located just a few miles from the theme parks and overlooks a nature reserve. Flights are not included and blackout dates (such as bank holidays and school holidays) will apply. Please PM me for further information.

Fancy having an FT renowned chef cook you and 3 guests dinner? Fancy having food and alcohol included? I know I do, so if you live within the M25 then bid for this amazing prize!

So you've bid for, and won, the chef's dinner for 4 persons. What could make the night even more special? How about having our very own pianoamit supply his wonderful musical talent? A piano is required, but this is one talent not to be missed!

Case of Champagne kindly donated by one of the suppliers to the event.

There will also be a raffle, with tickets costing 10 each and an amazing array of prizes on offer! This is a St Thomas' hospital raffle with just 300 tickets on sale, so when they are gone, they are gone! Snap them up quickly!

Link to Raffle Prizes

Charity begins on FT

We are a lovely bunch, but let us not forget that whilst we complain about the gloop in Galleries First or the breadcrumbs on our seat in Club Europe or the horror of trying to drink slightly warm vintage Champagne in First that there are people out there who are genuinely suffering. So whilst we are drinking Champagne and enjoying the beautiful view across the river, please do dig deep and consider those less fortunate. As such we will be supporting two charities that I feel passionately about, one I have known about for some time, the other is new to me, but one that touches the heart;

Holidays For Heroes: Our very own T8192 and his Bears work for this not-for-profit organisation, which provides respite holidays for our military wounded, wives/widows and their families.
Evelina Trust: An NHS Foundation to support sick children and their families, run by the very venue we are hosting our event in.
Print Wikipost

London* Do - Friday 7 June (* Sarf)

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2013, 11:29 am

Can you put me down too please!
Old May 8, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Skylon?
Old May 8, 2013, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Nearly nearly there with the venue and it's going to be good!!

Capacity is 300 so at the moment plenty of room.....

There will be a marquee......

There will be stunning views......

Hopefully it will be a nice summer evening but there is a covered outside area as well...... Marquee is heated and waterproof in case it's an English summer evening......

Venue hosted some great Jubilee and Olympics events......

Complimentary food will be themed "summer picnic"......

Giant Jenga and Wi consoles available on the night......

More VERY soon.......
Old May 8, 2013, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by nh1980
Skylon?
Skylon (as much as I like it) is WTP compared to this.......
Old May 8, 2013, 11:46 am

Are partners included too? I presume so or else put me down for a plus 1 please.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Crikey!! I am enjoying this build-up much more than the Taste of London one mind (very likely because I won nothing there and have a chance to attend this one )
Old May 8, 2013, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enda1
Are partners included too? I presume so or else put me down for a plus 1 please.
Absolutely!

In fact they have a license for children as well (I didn't realise one needed a license these days ).

Friends and family all welcome as well.

There will be a guest list and ID will be required on the evening as there will be security - personal information will be handled sensitively just by myself and the venue so we can all stick with our handles at the actual do.
Old May 8, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by chris1979
There will be a guest list and ID will be required on the evening as there will be security - personal information will be handled sensitively just by myself and the venue so we can all stick with our handles at the actual do.

I'm ruling out Infernos then !!
Sounds like it's going to be a memorable night, just have to remember my ID....
Old May 8, 2013, 12:40 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Skylon (as much as I like it) is WTP compared to this.......
I agree the food is not as good as it used to be!

This sounds very exclusive... do we also get a red carpet?

/AE

Last edited by angeloedades; May 8, 2013 at 1:40 pm Reason: FOOD NOT FOOT :D
Old May 8, 2013, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by angeloedades

/AE
And limousine? Don't forget the limousine.
Old May 8, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by angeloedades
I agree the foot is not as good as it used to be!

/AE
All sounds very exciting. Cant wait to find out where. Definitively coming down from Manchester for it. :-::-:
Old May 8, 2013, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by haasha
+ some red barrier rope please

Old May 8, 2013, 2:51 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by haasha
Originally Posted by Polomarc
+ some red barrier rope please

I think we have our welcome committee

/AE
Old May 8, 2013, 3:12 pm

Can I be moved to a 'probably won't attend' please?

Mr CreativeBill will probably go along as steevied's date though, so you can leave him in.
Old May 8, 2013, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CreativeBill
Can I be moved to a 'probably won't attend' please?

Mr CreativeBill will probably go along as steevied's date though, so you can leave him in.
If red carpet and ropes are putting you off, there won't be any (too Virgin anyway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.