Wiki Posts
Search

BA fare discounts with AARP Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:48 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by jigri2003
I think it isn't working. The initial price quote doesnt seem to be less than OTAs. Unless the discount shows later in the process?
I agree. The difference is that you won't be seeing the "AARP Member Discounts" at the top of the "Plan your journey" page. It's just taking you to the standard journey planner.

To be fair, it's about time that this loophole was closed. Go on, invest $16. You know you want to
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:51 am

Programs: Free Agent
Fair enough!

Originally Posted by golfmad
I agree. The difference is that you won't be seeing the "AARP Member Discounts" at the top of the "Plan your journey" page. It's just taking you to the standard journey planner.

To be fair, it's about time that this loophole was closed. Go on, invest $16. You know you want to
Old Sep 22, 2014, 8:59 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Can I use the AARP+Chase disco to get WT+ and upgrade to CW via avios? Been reading conflicting reports. I don't want to be stuck in WT+ for a long haul! It would sting to let go the disco but better than having to cancel and re-issue full fare tix for WT+.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Can I use the AARP+Chase disco to get WT+ and upgrade to CW via avios? Been reading conflicting reports. I don't want to be stuck in WT+ for a long haul! It would sting to let go the disco but better than having to cancel and re-issue full fare tix for WT+.
I have successfully combined the chase 10% discount with the AARP discount on more than one occasion in the past. There's far more value in the AARP discount when you book in Club though. Then you can use your Avios to upgrade to F
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:12 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Can someone check if AARP link is still working for them? I haven't been able to pull a discounted fare all day. Redirect happens from AARP to BA but it just doesn't apply the discount.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: All the best ones.
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
IME BAEC policy is that you cannot use GUF2 or Avios to upgrade tickets with a chase 10% (and AARP?) discount. You must repay the amount of the ticket discount before the upgrade is processed. So it appears that no you can't get these discounts on tickets you plan to upgrade later.

IME when flying on a ticket with a 10% chase discount (or other discounts?) you are more likely to be overlooked for operational upgrades. It could be coincidence, but all the times I've gotten an operational upgrade to First, it has been on full fare CW tickets with zero discounts applied.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I noticed that the AARP discount page went dark for about 24 hours on 15Oct but is now back online again. Before going dark, the offer said valid for bookings made 15Oct 2014 or earlier for travel that commenced on or before 31Mar 2015. I had checked departures after 31Mar and the discount did not work for those.

Now the page is back and has a requirement to book prior to 31Oct 2014 and also for travel prior to 31Mar 2015. However, the discount does now work for summer travel, so hopefully another business class fare will come along... and the discount will be extended beyond the 31Oct 2014 booking deadline (as it has in years past).
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:32 pm

Is anyone currently able to log in to the AARP BA landing page? It seems to be down
Old Oct 18, 2014, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by jkenn
Is anyone currently able to log in to the AARP BA landing page? It seems to be down
I just tried it when I saw your post and it's working Ok for me. Here's the link I used which has a link to login to AARP.

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...ember-benefits
Old Oct 19, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: Gold DL, Silver UA, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by stephem
I noticed that the AARP discount page went dark for about 24 hours on 15Oct but is now back online again. Before going dark, the offer said valid for bookings made 15Oct 2014 or earlier for travel that commenced on or before 31Mar 2015. I had checked departures after 31Mar and the discount did not work for those.

Now the page is back and has a requirement to book prior to 31Oct 2014 and also for travel prior to 31Mar 2015. However, the discount does now work for summer travel, so hopefully another business class fare will come along... and the discount will be extended beyond the 31Oct 2014 booking deadline (as it has in years past).
For some reason I am not able to log on.
Old Oct 19, 2014, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by qmiro
For some reason I am not able to log on.
When I click on the link I quoted a few posts above it takes me a page where I can verify my AARP membership. If click on that too and then I can search for the discounted flights. Seems to be working Ok for me.
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:00 pm

I don't have an AARP membership, but I have two questions:

Can I book for other people or do I have to travel on the itinerary too?
Terms say roundtrip only and no open jaws, but if it's the basic BA website, does Open Jaw work?

Looking for LHR-NYC Jan 7, YVR-LHR Jan 24 in Premium Economy, ITA says 1161 GBP
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by crimsona
I don't have an AARP membership, but I have two questions:

Can I book for other people or do I have to travel on the itinerary too?
Terms say roundtrip only and no open jaws, but if it's the basic BA website, does Open Jaw work?

Looking for LHR-NYC Jan 7, YVR-LHR Jan 24 in Premium Economy, ITA says 1161 GBP
The killer (based on your post) is that travel must start and end in the US which rules out your LHR-NYC // YVR-LHR routing.

Over and above that it's my understanding that one of the passengers must be an AARP member.

I know you referred to the 'terms' in your post but have a look here. It's pretty clear. Have a look at the last sentence before clause 1 in relation to travel "from select US gateways to UK and beyond".
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:48 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
The offer has been extended/renewed:

• Book by 31 October 2015
  • Outbound travel 1 November 2014 to 31 March 2016
  • Same discounts as before ($65, $130, $400, $400)

Full details here.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 9:58 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.