Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA fare discounts with AARP Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
As they say: age has its privileges. AARP also offers a good rate at Hilton Hotels. Generally the rate is as good as AAA but it includes late check-out (when available, of course but I've never been refused). Then again, I am, like you, a Hilton HHonors Diamond Member; so that would probably do the trick too. AARP rate at Hilton is not as good as Advance Purchase rate but it is fully refundable and useful for those 'will I, won't I?' stays.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Qantas Gold, Emirates Gold
associate membership with AARP?

I have had a good look on the AARP site and can't seem to find how to join as an "associate member" for under 50's - I tried to join through the sign up page but it won't process the application page, I am guessing because I am not 50. Any links or hints to find to the associate membership page would be welcomed.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 2:42 pm

Stacking AARP and Chase 10% for BA tickets

I want to buy BA tickets and want to know how to stack chase credit card 10% off and AARP.Can anyone please explain with links. I tried various ways but was not able to. Thanks much.
Old Apr 21, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
You book via: AARP/BA. Then, at the payment page you use your BA Chase Visa and insert the Promotion Code: CARDOFFERU
Old Apr 21, 2013, 3:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by tooblue
You book via: AARP/BA. Then, at the payment page you use your BA Chase Visa and insert the Promotion Code: CARDOFFERU
Just one point to add... you need to make sure that you're logged in to your BA.com account prior to entering the promotion code. That's the way the website works out whether or not you are eligible to use the code.

Oh and another thing... You mention you want to purchase BA tickets but remember that all flights have to be operated by BA for the CHASE promotion to work. Codeshares on other airlines do not qualify.

Good luck.
Old Apr 22, 2013, 10:08 pm

Thanks. Got the discount stacking AARP and Chase card. Have not bought the tickets yet. Saw the executive club members get $20 discount. Wondering if I can stack that also.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold (current GGL), HH Diamond
So do you think you can also stack these two discounts with a TopCashback rebate, or am I just being greedy?

I noticed that if you login ... then follow the BA AARP link ... that if you then follow the regular booking links during that login session, it usually remembers that you were using the AARP discount. So I did all that ... then went to TopCashback, followed their link to BA, searched for flights with AARP discount auto applied ... picked flights ... applied Chase 10%.

Very nice discount! If TopCashback posts, that'll be a bonus (granted it's relative pocket change).
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:27 pm

Booked British Airways ticket in May for travel in October, 2013 by using AARP and BA chase card. Today the prices have dropped more than $200 per ticket. Is there any way that the British Airways will honor the price drop.
Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:41 pm

Just read this article that we should be getting vouchers for the price difference even for non-refundable fares.
http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-...ops-after-buy/

Thanks.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by mohanbv
Just read this article that we should be getting vouchers for the price difference even for non-refundable fares.

Thanks.
This doesn't seem to be in the BA conditions of carriage, but it is in the AA conditions.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 5:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by mohanbv

Thanks.
No chance. On US airlines quite possibly but not with BA.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 12:01 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
New URL for AARP discount from now to October 2014

I missed this when the old offer expired in mid-October, but found it today via AARP and am posting here for anyone wanting to update their bookmarks:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...ember-benefits

Still no sign of the Chase offer being extended, though I seem to recall that being very late last year.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 2:29 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Page down?

Anyone else having issues bringing up the page? Tried it a few different times, and the browser just times out...

Originally Posted by IMH
I missed this when the old offer expired in mid-October, but found it today via AARP and am posting here for anyone wanting to update their bookmarks:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/...ember-benefits

Still no sign of the Chase offer being extended, though I seem to recall that being very late last year.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 10:08 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jigri2003
Anyone else having issues bringing up the page? Tried it a few different times, and the browser just times out...
It's working for me today -- to the extent that ba.com is working. (In other words, as per usual, it occasionally requires me to log in again and gets confused if I try to do two different things on the same day.)
Old Jan 15, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
FYI. Although both the Chase and AARP discounts are now operational, it appears that BA may have fixed the software glitch that allowed stacking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.