Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA lifetime loyalty programme soon to be introduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lifetime loyalty programme soon to be introduced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by pianoamit
No one is ever 'forced' to retire... That's not legal in Israel... But most people retire at those ages.

However, as with everywhere, many people who feel that they are financially capable of doing so (and most platinums probably would be) retire a fair bit earlier...
Ok, so everyones free to work, or not work, and get their lifetime Gold when they're 67.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; AF/KLM FB Silver; M&M LH FTL; LY GLD; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; A-Club Silver; Avis PCI
Originally Posted by pianoamit
That statistic doesn't take into account the chances of dying as a result of terrorist activity. The early 2000s intifada, when worked into the life expectancy figures, dramatically lowered that 82 years figure.
I agree a ridiculous program but where do you get your information from?

As far as I know the WHO figures of life expectancy (Israel = 82) take into account death from all causes be it illness, war, terrorism, car accidents, murder, etc. and calculate it according to age.

I may be wrong but that's how I understand it works. Is it just your impression that the Intifada changed those figures or is it based on facts? I honestly would like to know.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by economyman

As far as I know the WHO figures of life expectancy (Israel = 82) take into account death from all causes be it illness, war, terrorism, car accidents, murder, etc. and calculate it according to age.

I may be wrong but that's how I understand it works. Is it just your impression that the Intifada changed those figures or is it based on facts? I honestly would like to know.
You are correct. Essentially, demographic statistics compile the age of death of people dying by year of birth and then use mathematical models to project the life expectancy for any birth year including the most recent ones. How people die makes no difference (all deaths are taken into account) and the impact of various death causes only really gets looked into in case of sharp change in distributions (e.g. when the life expectancy between men and women in Russia started diverging and demographers looked at the impact of alcohol-related deaths)
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by economyman

There was an article in Haaretz a few years back - I can't seem to dig it up just now...
Old Sep 10, 2013, 8:34 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
It looks as though this speculation thread can now be closed and readers directed to the "lifetime Gold launched" thread.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.