Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Lifetime Tier Points & Lifetime Gold launched

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 10, 2013, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: irishguy28
Lifetime Gold can be achieved by earning 35,000 Tier Points over any period of time since you have been a member of the BAEC (and they started using Tier Points). You retain Gold status thereafter as long as you remain a member of the BAEC or until BA decides to change or cancel the program (which they must then provide 6 months notice).

BA.com webpage here: LTG BA com page

Lifetime Gold Guest List can be achieved by earning 100,000 Tier Points over any period of time since you have been a member of the BAEC (and they started using Tier Points). You retain Gold Guest List status thereafter as long as you remain a member of the BAEC or until BA decides to change or cancel the program (which they must then provide 6 months notice). LTGGL status includes the CCR card (Concorde Room Card).

BA.com webpage here: LTGGL BA com page

BMI status previously held does not count.

There is no Silver or Bronze lifetime status (as yet)

Please update this wikipost with any useful/updated info gleaned from the thread. Thanks ^
Print Wikipost

BA Lifetime Tier Points & Lifetime Gold launched

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Exclamation BA Lifetime Tier Points & Lifetime Gold launched

Just went online to check my MBB and guess what popped up lifetime membership

"A new way to recognise our Members

We’re now giving Tier Points earned in the past, real value in the present. So in addition to annual Tier Points, we’re going to recognise and reward Members for their entire membership with Lifetime Tier Points – that’s all the Tier Points earned from the very first day of membership.

Members will be able to see their Lifetime Tier Points balance whenever they log in to their accounts or receive emails from us.

Recognising Lifetime Tier Points like this lets us show all our Members how much we value their entire membership – past, present and future.

It also gives every Member of the Club the chance to accumulate enough Lifetime Tier Points to achieve the new rewards we’ll be introducing in the future – starting with the launch of Gold membership for life."

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ource=MoreInfo

Most important bit for everyone is

"With Lifetime Tier Points you will earn the following benefit:

When you've earned 35,000 Lifetime Tier Points, you will receive Gold Membership for as long as you are a Member of the Club"

Last edited by LDNConsultant; Sep 10, 2013 at 12:39 am
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:33 am

So 35000 tier points for lifetime gold! - I wish it was after x years of gold but it does allow breaks in membership this way.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
Also seeing this message. ^
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:39 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Accor Plat, Pucci Fan Club
35000 for LTG membership....... So how long before we see some spectacular TP runs and calculations on how cheaply it can be achieved etc
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Oh my goodness, even us Americans are getting it!

What a shame we don't get credit for the flights taken before tier points were invented. When did BAEC status change over from being miles based to being TP based?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:47 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I am sure a list is going to be generated very soon......
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
That means if you just scrape Gold each year, it's 23 years at Gold!

I expect this is mainly geared towards the GGL and CCR holders. I wonder if anyone has achieved LTG already?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:50 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup
35000 for LTG membership....... So how long before we see some spectacular TP runs and calculations on how cheaply it can be achieved etc
Any recommendations for a 6500 TP run ?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just logged in to ba.com and the lifetime TPs are displayed in the top right ^
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
I assume I am LTG :-)

I can't see my lifetime total but as my membership year has only just started I have 180 Tier points and now it says I need 0 point to retain gold and my next benefit is upgrade voucher for 2

Be interested in my total when it shows!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Interesting. I lived in South Africa for a number of years and I'm pretty sure that although my miles transferred, the exec card number changed when I moved there and when I moved back. I wonder if these tier points have been counted in the total?
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:55 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by csdavidson
That means if you just scrape Gold each year, it's 23 years at Gold!

I expect this is mainly geared towards the GGL and CCR holders. I wonder if anyone has achieved LTG already?
Im sure a fair few would have on here, we should take bets on who will be the first to announce they are a LTG'er and also the first to then say they're now putting they're miles/ TPs into another program!
Old Sep 10, 2013, 12:57 am

Programs: BAEC GfL/GGL/CCR, BA Amex, Quidco, IHG Spire, Hotels.com Reinstated Gold)
I'm not seeing that message or total anywhere
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:06 am

If you joing BAEC when you're 15 and earn and average of 700 TPs a year during the next 50 years,
the Gold Card will be your retirement gift from BA
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
interestingly for me,

I could get Lifetime gold, without actually ever having a gold card before that!

Im a long, long way off, but likely to be around silver for most of my courier

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.