Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA lifetime loyalty programme soon to be introduced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lifetime loyalty programme soon to be introduced

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2013, 1:57 pm

Just joining the conversation/speculation/noise here so forgive me if this has been asked already;

given the estimated 50-60,000 GCHs, how many of those, would you estimate, would have been gold for at least 10 (consecutive) years? (if this is the qualifying metric).
Old Feb 13, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: QFF P1 LTG, lots of others
I wouldnt be surprised if the scheme is just a lifetime Silver scheme with everyone starting from scratch earning lifetime tier points to reach the required qualification amount.
Old Apr 6, 2013, 6:49 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Any new scuttlebutt on this plan? As I now have a finite work life (i.e. employer-funded Gold status) in view, I am on the edge of my seat to find out whether I will be able to enjoy Gold benefits in my leisure (i.e. cheapskate) years.
Old May 30, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Any recent news/rumour on this topic? We are reaching the end of Q2 soon and still no announcement. Someone mentioned earlier it was supposed to be out in Q1?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Silver
I understand that there will be free beer tomorrow!
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:05 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Given this thread started in January and we are now in July, how soon is "soon"? Or was there no truth in the rumour in the first place?
Old Jul 23, 2013, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by travelmad478
As I now have a finite work life (i.e. employer-funded Gold status) in view
What happened that caused you to suddenly lose your infinite work life?

Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:24 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Any new scuttlebutt on this plan? As I now have a finite work life (i.e. employer-funded Gold status) in view, I am on the edge of my seat to find out whether I will be able to enjoy Gold benefits in my leisure (i.e. cheapskate) years.
Ditto. I have Marriott Lifetime Platinum, now just need BA to complete the set. And will then probably go nowhere near an aircraft or hotel when/if I retire.
Old Jul 23, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by irishguy28
What happened that caused you to suddenly lose your infinite work life?

Some work lives are more finite than others, I guess. Under financial accounting standards, mine is now short-term rather than long-term. BA has less than a year to get this program under way!
Old Aug 11, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
One has to surely assume that if there was any truth in this (and I do hope there is) someone from the chattering classes who is well informed and close to the powers that be, would have been able to corroborate it.

It is intersting that the OP has only 33 posts to his name ....
Old Aug 12, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: ABBA
I see Virgin have just released lifetime gold
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/us...oldforlife.jsp

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgi...s-life-vs.html

For only 300 tier points in 10 years you get gold for life. If you're flying in Premium Economy from the regions, that's 30 returns. Now if only Virgin had BA's network...

If you're a TATL J stalker in business, 25 returns (22 from the regions). That's 1 a month for 2 years.

It's the BA equivalent of about 7000 tier points. There are people here that earn that much in 6 months!

(Spotted as I'm booking a collegue to Sydney with loads of advance notice -- nearly 2 months, BA/WTP: £3100, VS/Business: £3500. Finnair is cheaper than both, but has a wedgee bed)

{edit}
Oh, you have to ALSO do 10 years. Shame.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by Wadge
Any recent news/rumour on this topic? We are reaching the end of Q2 soon and still no announcement. Someone mentioned earlier it was supposed to be out in Q1?
Any updates on this rumour?
Old Aug 18, 2013, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
I called recently the local service center and they had no clue about it as always. General staff is informed last usually.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I think I might have read it on this thread, but can't find it now... LY has just started a Lifetime Platinum programme with the most ridiculous criteria. You have to have been Platinum for 10 consecutive years, and be over the age of 67. What a joke! I hope BA isn't going to 'learn from it'.
Old Aug 18, 2013, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pianoamit
...... LY has just started a Lifetime Platinum programme with the most ridiculous criteria. You have to have been Platinum for 10 consecutive years, and be over the age of 67.......
Sounds like a copy of LH lifetime program, albeit LH has 65 age limit.@:-)

It is meant to be a benefit for your retirement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.