Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2013, 6:22 am
JIP

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Skywards, SPG Gold
I was just about to book ARN-LCY-JFK-ORD return = 620TP, £1600c.

Moved back to the UK last year. My account still says 'To retain your Gold membership you need 800 points.' (the old Euro level). My year end is 8th May and would need a further 550 tier points. Had intended to just drop to silver, but tempting to stay gold if possible.
Does anybody know if the lower renewal will actually work? My account has had the 800 requirement showing for months.
Is this too much of a risk If gold might not renew at 800 as the points would be wasted? Would it be better to book this trip for after my year end to retain silver the following year? Sorry to make this so complicated.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
I do not have the 800 threshold, but I think that it's valid what the account is showing.

Do you have zero TP at the moment, with 250 already booked? Otherwise I do not understand the 550 needed. It would be showing that you need only 550 instead of 800 on the "Welcome to the Executive Club" page.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 7:07 am
JIP

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Skywards, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by haasha
I do not have the 800 threshold, but I think that it's valid what the account is showing.

Do you have zero TP at the moment, with 250 already booked? Otherwise I do not understand the 550 needed. It would be showing that you need only 550 instead of 800 on the "Welcome to the Executive Club" page.
Balance is 250 at the moment and 550 required to retain.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
According to the screens here in MCO, my flight to LAX is 15mins late (probably due the inbound). Gives me a good 35 mins to make my next flight to LAS. Never got a paper boarding pass earlier so may have to hope the mobile one works. The flights are probably in the same gate area anyway and I've got hand luggage.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by xenole
According to the screens here in MCO, my flight to LAX is 15mins late (probably due the inbound). Gives me a good 35 mins to make my next flight to LAS. Never got a paper boarding pass earlier so may have to hope the mobile one works. The flights are probably in the same gate area anyway and I've got hand luggage.
Hi,

All the AA gates at LAX ( apart from the American Eagle gates in a satellite terminal which you will not be using) are within a 2 minute walk of each other so you should be ok

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 26, 2013, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Ok so. With my two business trips now booked I have worked out I will be in deficit of 140 TP to retain silver before 8 march. I want some quick TR from ORD anytime from 28 feb to 2 march. Any suggestions - cheaper the better of course
Old Jan 26, 2013, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

All the AA gates at LAX ( apart from the American Eagle gates in a satellite terminal which you will not be using) are within a 2 minute walk of each other so you should be ok

Regards

TBS
Even better than that. Same aircraft, same gate and seat.
Most of China are going to be on this flight by the look of it.

Boeing 737 with normal 1st class seats, no entertainment etc. Flight from San Juan had the near lie flat seats and movies etc to choose from.

Couldn't fault any of the AA crews. Going to see if there's a form like BA's where you can praise the crew.

Got to admit, since landing in LAX, haven't heard a single word of Spanish for a change.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 5:56 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by JIP
Balance is 250 at the moment and 550 required to retain.
I believe it will be okay then. Hopefully someone with 800 Gold threshold can confirm.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 4:08 pm

Sfo-lax-mia-sju-mia-lax-sfo

I'm sitting in the SFO Admiral's club looking out at the blue California sky and drinking $1.00 beers, with free chex and cookies.

I was able to print of my first 3 boarding passes at the hotel today. I think I may need to wait until MIA or SJU to print out the return BPs.

Took the precaution of paying for a 30 day Admiral's club pass in case of IRROPS, but it looks OK at the moment.

Sofitel at Redwood City ( booked via Hotwire ) are looking after my hold luggage, so I have only hand luggage. Transfers for the price of a tip.

Bill
Old Jan 27, 2013, 4:17 pm

My limited experience of the AA clubs I've been in is that they pretty much suck compared to BA lounges. Haven't tried a flagship one yet so they may be better?

Nice to know the check-in agent at LAS knew exactly what I was doing.
As for boarding passes, just went and got them printed out at the same time or they'll do them without a problem at the gate. Do prefer them all at the same time in case of delays and a general sense of well being.
Can use the mobile passes but without an internet connection all the time, you can't access them. Found this at MCO yesterday when I just couldn't connect to anything to their free wi-fi (doubt it was even active). LAX, MCO and SJU (in certains areas) have free wi-fi. Stood outside Earl Of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood to abuse their free wi-fi twice today.

Anyway, at LAS now awaiting my LAX flight and then a lovely jaunt over to MCO.
Getting boring going through security now but at least there are fast track lanes on the occasions I do have to do it.

Left my luggage with the hotel valet for a tip as well whilst enjoying the Vegas sunshine and breeze. Both taxi drivers didn't take the long way round either - direct route I knew.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 4:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
My limited experience of the AA clubs I've been in is that they pretty much suck compared to BA lounges. Haven't tried a flagship one yet so they may be better?

As for boarding passes, just went and got them printed out at the same time or they'll do them without a problem at the gate. Do prefer them all at the same time in case of delays and a general sense of well being.
Can use the mobile passes but without an internet connection all the time, you can't access them. Found this at MCO yesterday when I just couldn't connect to anything to their free wi-fi (doubt it was even active). LAX, MCO and SJU (in certains areas) have free wi-fi. Stood outside Earl Of Sandwich in Planet Hollywood to abuse their free wi-fi twice today.

Getting boring going through security now but at least there are fast track lanes on the occasions I do have to do it.

Left my luggage with the hotel valet for a tip as well whilst enjoying the Vegas sunshine and breeze. Both taxi drivers didn't take the long way round either - direct route I knew.
That's a result - when we were there they took the long route, the taxi drivers should be wearing a mask.

Looking forward to a full report upon your return
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

How many runs are you doing? You seem to have been at this for days?!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:40 am

Flew to LHR on Thursday, then LHR to AMS, AMS-LHR, LHR-BOS and BOS-SJU on Friday (technically Saturday for the last flight as it was an hour late leaving due to snow and de-icing). Then did the SJU-LAS run on Saturday and on Sunday started the LAS-SJU run (in MCO right now waiting for the 7:35am flight to MIA). Got SJU-MIA and MIA-LHR this evening and then finally I can sleep - managed about 4hrs tops so far - couldn't even fall asleep in my hotel but that was probably because I was in Vegas and some kind americans invited me to a party!

Time zones are confusing. Would be nice if my laptop bothered updating or even my phone but I have to keep doing them manually.

Stupidly didn't record the take-off from McCarran yesterday. Dusk and Vegas was lit up but you could still see everything as it wsn't dark enough. Absolutely beautiful seeing the Strip and being able to make out aspects of the desert.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:46 am

How many TP is that little lot?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 4:56 am

630 I think (will have 990 after they post - BA TPs posted after a couple of days, no sign of AA yet.). Tiring enough without adding even more flights and having to slum it in Y on the way out probably doesn't help

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.