Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:51 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by NeverFirst
Indeed. Perhaps we need an FT-challenge, like those "jailbreak" charity things which seem to have fallen out of favour.

So, starting at 5pm local time (wherever you are based) Friday and finishing at 8am Monday back at your starting point, what is the maximum TPs/Avios you can collect?

(obviously the rules would have to include some sort of cost-weighting so the well-off amongst us wouldn't automatically win)
Absolutely. You could call it "The FT Divorce Do".
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:02 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by where2travel
BA MMB is showing all four outbound legs with the correct number of TPs (600) but I can't see the return flights anywhere there. Is there a limit to the number of legs of a journey that are shown? I want to book my seats for the two BA flights on the return portion.
Won't show on main page, but if in a booking there's a link to your other bookings that will have full list
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
If a TP run on AA ticket includes some legs on AS metal whats the score on TP's?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by mfgr
If a TP run on AA ticket includes some legs on AS metal whats the score on TP's?
Don't think you can earn TPs on AS metal even if it's booked as an AA codeshare.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Don't think you can earn TPs on AS metal even if it's booked as an AA codeshare.
HMM OK. Seems to rule out a lot of ANC runs then.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Absolutely. You could call it "The FT Divorce Do".
Only if you do it more than twice a month, surely?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:45 am

Originally Posted by NeverFirst
Only if you do it more than twice a month, surely?
ooh matron
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by where2travel
Just booked a very similar itinerary (same price) but decided to have a week in Hawaii so with shorter connections on the way there and back:
> BRU-LHR-MIA-LAX-(night)-HNL
> HNL-LAX-JFK-LCY then LHR-BRU
The two BRU and the two TATL flights are each on BA and only the JFK-LCY is a night flight.

BA MMB is showing all four outbound legs with the correct number of TPs (600) but I can't see the return flights anywhere there. Is there a limit to the number of legs of a journey that are shown? I want to book my seats for the two BA flights on the return portion.
How did you book this...AA.com, an agent or by phone and if so with whom....Looking to do this with the family later in the year and need to book before the 5 Feb deadline.

Did you get F on the 777 MIA LAX flight?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
140-point TP run ex JFK, Feb 10

Hi all

I'm been very happy as a silver the past couple of years (achieved thanks to the collective wisdom of this community) but a flurry of flying since xmas has left my tantalisingly close to 1500 points and I'm tempted to go for gold. As luck would have it, I'll be in New York, in fact staying near JFK, with a free day on Sunday, Feb 10 and in need of 140 tier points to get me over the line (175 if you include the already booked WT flight to LHR the following week).

I'd be really grateful if anyone has suggestions on a good way to get those extra 140 points.
- Ideally would be leaving JFK Feb 10 and arriving back same day
- Could, at a push, do an overnight if it would get me back to JFK early on Feb 11 (say before 0900)
- Reasonably relaxed on cost but don't want to go crazy and spend thousands of dollars

If I've missed out important info, lemme know -- and thanks for a really enjoyable thread with tons of great stories.

(And I know spending Sunday in the park, eating a great meal, taking in a few museums, etc would be a much better use of my time and money ... but still ... can't ... seem ... to ... resist ... the ... lure ...)
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:09 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by sirkay
Hi all

I'm been very happy as a silver the past couple of years (achieved thanks to the collective wisdom of this community) but a flurry of flying since xmas has left my tantalisingly close to 1500 points and I'm tempted to go for gold. As luck would have it, I'll be in New York, in fact staying near JFK, with a free day on Sunday, Feb 10 and in need of 140 tier points to get me over the line (175 if you include the already booked WT flight to LHR the following week).

I'd be really grateful if anyone has suggestions on a good way to get those extra 140 points.
- Could, at a push, do an overnight if it would get me back to JFK early on Feb 11 (say before 0900)
- Reasonably relaxed on cost but don't want to go crazy and spend thousands of dollars

If I've missed out important info, lemme know -- and thanks for a really enjoyable thread with tons of great stories.

(And I know spending Sunday in the park, eating a great meal, taking in a few museums, etc would be a much better use of my time and money ... but still ... can't ... seem ... to ... resist ... the ... lure ...)
I am in no way an expert, but seems to be 2 main options if you want to avoid a transcontinental:

A-b-c-a - one in first and 2 in biz gets 140 (not sure if it would work, but something like JFK-ord-bos-JFK? maybe?)

Or 2 biz returns for 160 (could be same pair JFK-bos-JFK-bos-JFK) or maybe a two leg return (eg JFK-Mia-sju-Mia-JFK)

Someone much more clued up should be along shortly!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:07 am

Hi all

New York (JFK) to Las Vegas (LAS) - Sun, Feb 10
American 257 Dep: 5:00PM Arr: 7:55PM 5h 55m Boeing 737 First (A)

Cost per passenger (including taxes & fees) $660.89
Total cost for 1 passenger $660.89

Then take a cheapo Delta red-eye back for under 300 bucks

Las Vegas (LAS) to New York (JFK) - Sun, Feb 10
Delta 1428 Dep: 11:15PM Arr: 7:00AM 4h 45m Boeing 737 Economy (K)
Mon, Feb 11
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA EXP
Originally Posted by binman
How did you book this...AA.com, an agent or by phone and if so with whom....Looking to do this with the family later in the year and need to book before the 5 Feb deadline.

Did you get F on the 777 MIA LAX flight?
I just booked on AA.com using the multi-city option. I didn't get F on the 777 MIA-LAX flight, partly because I didn't know to look for it as a possible option. I had limited options on that flight and needed a flight leaving in the evening as I didn't want to stopover in Miami for the night - the 777 appears to be the first flight of the day.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR
Thanks for the replies, I'll look into them now. Playing around, I see I could also get JFK-BOS and the return BOS-ORD-LGA for around 900 USD in first. Would that be 60 x 3 for 180 TP?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 1:34 pm

I see I could also get JFK-BOS and the return BOS-ORD-LGA for around 900 USD in first. Would that be 60 x 3 for 180 TP?
It would.

Try this on http://matrix.itasoftware.com one-way
To: EWR,JFK,LGA
on Feb 10

There aren't that many good options for same day or early next day return.

Edit. It seems matrix isn't too smart on this. AA AA BOS AA
gives $855 for EWR-ORD-BOS-JFK

Also if you do it as a return flight search, I found this:
JFK-MIA-IAD//DCA-JFK for $649. Departing at 5:40am, returning at 7pm
or better: JFK-MIA-DCA-JFK $669. Depart 5:40am, return 14:10

Last edited by angatol; Jan 30, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Old Jan 30, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
deficit of 140TP to retain silver

With my two business trips now booked I have worked out I will be in deficit of 140 TP to retain silver before 8 march. I want some quick TR from ORD anytime from 28 feb to 2 march. Or another thought - I can come back to the UK early and do a few TR around Europe that weekend - Any suggestions? Thanks a mil everyone

Last edited by mrkdips; Jan 30, 2013 at 3:27 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.