FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:09 am
lorcancoyle

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by sirkay
Hi all

I'm been very happy as a silver the past couple of years (achieved thanks to the collective wisdom of this community) but a flurry of flying since xmas has left my tantalisingly close to 1500 points and I'm tempted to go for gold. As luck would have it, I'll be in New York, in fact staying near JFK, with a free day on Sunday, Feb 10 and in need of 140 tier points to get me over the line (175 if you include the already booked WT flight to LHR the following week).

I'd be really grateful if anyone has suggestions on a good way to get those extra 140 points.
- Ideally would be leaving JFK Feb 10 and arriving back same day
- Could, at a push, do an overnight if it would get me back to JFK early on Feb 11 (say before 0900)
- Reasonably relaxed on cost but don't want to go crazy and spend thousands of dollars

If I've missed out important info, lemme know -- and thanks for a really enjoyable thread with tons of great stories.

(And I know spending Sunday in the park, eating a great meal, taking in a few museums, etc would be a much better use of my time and money ... but still ... can't ... seem ... to ... resist ... the ... lure ...)
I am in no way an expert, but seems to be 2 main options if you want to avoid a transcontinental:

A-b-c-a - one in first and 2 in biz gets 140 (not sure if it would work, but something like JFK-ord-bos-JFK? maybe?)

Or 2 biz returns for 160 (could be same pair JFK-bos-JFK-bos-JFK) or maybe a two leg return (eg JFK-Mia-sju-Mia-JFK)

Someone much more clued up should be along shortly!