Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, ALL Gold, Bonvoy Gold
HEL for silvers

Finnair non-Schengen Premium lounge is turning away OWS "at rush hours" (1520 now), which presumably does for BA799 generally.

Oh well, if it's as rammed as suggested upthread, might be for the best. The non-status lounge seems nice enough.

(Pretty long queue for the dragons, also.)

Last edited by boutela; Apr 25, 2015 at 6:29 am Reason: Phone
Old Apr 25, 2015, 9:56 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
BA Lounge Database | Europe

I was in the non-Schengen premium lounge a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon and it was quite busy. Tbh I was surprised that it was a OWE and OWS lounge as it doesn't seem big enough for both.
Old Apr 25, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by KARFA
I was in the non-Schengen premium lounge a few weeks ago on a Sunday afternoon and it was quite busy. Tbh I was surprised that it was a OWE and OWS lounge as it doesn't seem big enough for both.
I had this experience as a Silver last year when the lounge was very new. It did strike me that the lounge wasn't large enough to take both OWE and OWS. It really punches above its weight as a OWS lounge and I'm not surprised a decision has been taken to turn away OWS... It was just about full and standing by 4-5pm as a lot of Far East-bound wide bodies leave in the early evening.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:03 am

Originally Posted by HarryHolden68
The EAA lounge in DUB has a sign up stating that guests are limited to a maximum of 2 alcoholic drinks each.

Fortunately, they have pint glasses.
A question about the EAA lounge in DUB. Does a BA Gold member have access when traveling BA Y to London, even though it is a contract lounge?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by paul4040
I had this experience as a Silver last year when the lounge was very new. It did strike me that the lounge wasn't large enough to take both OWE and OWS. It really punches above its weight as a OWS lounge and I'm not surprised a decision has been taken to turn away OWS... It was just about full and standing by 4-5pm as a lot of Far East-bound wide bodies leave in the early evening.
It was my first time in since they opened it. I would say nice but crowded. Not tried the mixed sex sauna yet, need to work on the gym body before that happens

When it was being built I had somehow thought it would be OWE only. I didn't go in. but I assume teh next door J lounge must be much quieter now.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds
A question about the EAA lounge in DUB. Does a BA Gold member have access when traveling BA Y to London, even though it is a contract lounge?
Yes, the DAA lounge in T1 at DUB is available in accordance with normal BA lounge access rules - so SCH or GCH can use it regardless of travel class on BA.
Old May 10, 2015, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Couldn't see any post about this but just spent a sweaty 20 mins running around Malpensa trying to find the Terraces Lounge. Turns out its closed despite it still being on all the maps...
Old May 20, 2015, 6:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New lounge information - Florence / Italy

I was a bit surprised this isn't in our directory, there again it's not in the oneworld directory either!

FLR - Florence

FLR Sala Masaccio
Contract lounge

Florence Amerigo Vespucci, Peretola
Landside, upstairs on departures level, immediately to the left of security.

Daily 05:10 to 19:45 hrs

Standard BA rules
Priority Pass
Lounge Angel

Cold buffet, offering filled sandwiches, biscuits, tarts, nuts, cake slices, croissants (plain and filled), boiled sweets, chocolates, crisps, nuts, cheese, yoghurt, savoury mix

Lavazza coffee capsules, Twinnings tea (kettle provided), wide range of soft drinks and juices, including San Pelligrino fruit flavoured drinks.

Wines: Chianti, Pietrafitta, Valdobbiadene Prosecco and Asti Spumante
Beer: Peroni bottles in fridge
Limited range of spirits. Gordons Gin.

Airport wifi (one hour free, slow speed however)
Selection of local and international press and magazines
Library of approx 100 books, mostly related to the arts
Internet work stations x 2
Power points for charging, most are Italian 3 pin sockets

Toilets inside lounge
Note two seating areas, one past drinks area, other behind the reception desk.

[So one of Italy's best lounges, except for the landside location]
Old May 20, 2015, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Library of approx 100 books, mostly related to the arts
^ In which language were the books?
Old May 20, 2015, 10:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Calchas
^ In which language were the books?
Two thirds in Italian, the rest in English, but they were the big picture book productions on the whole, so maybe it doesn't matter so much.
Old May 20, 2015, 10:08 am

Did they have any of those special books I like where you get to colour stuff in? Those are my favourite type of books
Old May 20, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Prospero
OLB Olbia
BA route begins 01 May 2015. Lounge information to follow
Sadly, the OLB lounge is not open currently, despite what MMB might say. Apparently it'll open at the "end of May". No vouchers offered in the meantime.
Old May 23, 2015, 6:24 am

CAG - Cagliari, Italy

Change to "No lounge".

This may change, Meridiana recently (18 May 2015) opened a small lounge just after security (airside), which is open to paying guests for €15, however the opening hours currently don't work well for BA

SPU - Split, Croatia

Change to "No lounge". OK I'm jumping to conclusions here, there is a Star Alliance lounge just past passports, with a few guest airlines mentioned on the external panel, including Iberia which has a short duration seasonal service here, but BA is not listed and the agent here doesn't believe BA have access.

ACE - Arrecife, Lanzarote, Spain

Change to "No lounge". There is a Priority Pass lounge by gate 2, just past the smokers' terrace, but BA don't have an agreement with it. Cash entry = €23.50.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 29, 2015 at 2:33 am Reason: Updating minor edits in one place for Prospero's ease of reference
Old May 23, 2015, 6:49 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
CAG - Cagliari

Change to "No lounge".

This may change, Meridiana recently (18 May 2015) opened a small lounge just after security (airside), which is open to paying guests for €15, however the opening hours currently don't work well for BA
The last time I flew BA from Cag , there was lounge access at meridana, no problem, can't remember if that was 2 or 3 years ago,
Don't understand what you mean about opening hours, flights are around lunch time I would expect them to be open then,
Old May 23, 2015, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by Sards
The last time I flew BA from Cag , there was lounge access at meridana, no problem, can't remember if that was 2 or 3 years ago,
Don't understand what you mean about opening hours, flights are around lunch time I would expect them to be open then,
http://www.sogaer.it/it/archivio-new...meridiana.html

I am only going by what I was told, when I encountered a closed lounge!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.