Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Nov 17, 2012, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero

i Preface
If you are new to the British Airways Executive Club (BAEC) or a long term member but have not booked a redemption flight since the programme's relaunch in 2011, you may have realised by now that planning an Avios redemption calls for a shift in mindset, especially to those more used to redeeming miles for flights with North American frequent flyer programmes.

The purpose of this thread is to introduce you to how the BAEC works in terms of spending Avios and to share some tips will will assist you during the planning and booking stages. We'll also cover the options available to you, so you can make an informed decision on how best to maximise your Avios Points.

If you are seeking guidance on the changes to the Executive Club in relation to the programme's 2011 relaunch, the Q&A discussion serves as a very useful reference point.

ii Contents
iii Acknowledgments
This guide is a collaborative effort, and could not have been produced without the kind contributions from corporate-wage-slave, DWFI, LTN Phobia, Petrus, Prospero, and Stez.
Print Wikipost

Your guide to spending Avios [Beta]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2013, 9:48 am

Programs: Budding BA Bronze, MPC Gold
Originally Posted by nux
Yes you can upgrade if you are in an eligible fare bucket to upgrade, you will most likely need to call to do this.
For WT (economy) you would need to be in a Y, B or H fare bucket to upgrade which typically won't happen for a Flight + Hotel/Car booking.
All WTP (premium economy) fares you can upgrade.

You do not receive double avios (or double tier points) for a Flight + Hotel/Car booking, you receive the standard flight avios and 2 avios per £ spent.
Thanks. Great info as always.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:28 pm

I know there is a rule saying that you can only UUA one cabin and not from cheap WT fares to WT+, but I am wondering if there are exceptions to this rule when there is no WT+.

I just booked LHR-AMM in WT (booking class N). The flight features no WT+. Is it possible to UUA to CW on this flight at all?
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
No. N class is not upgradable using Avios.

If you were in at least H class, you would be able to upgrade using Avios to Club World, subject to availability.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Does it happen to give you a cash price for the UG?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Transferring Avios to another member

I know the the BA web site says "You can only transfer a maximum of 24,000 Avios to any one Executive Club Member", but is this per year or just a one off in a lifetime?

I have searched this forum but cannot find the answer.

TIA
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:10 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by johnaalex
I know the the BA web site says "You can only transfer a maximum of 24,000 Avios to any one Executive Club Member", but is this per year or just a one off in a lifetime?

I have searched this forum but cannot find the answer.

TIA
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...e/public/en_gb

The Sender can only transfer a maximum of 24,000 Avios Points to any one Member in any one calendar year.

The Sender can transfer a total of 144,000 Avios Points in any one calendar year to multiple Recipients provided the 24,000 Avios Points limit is not exceeded per Recipient.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:38 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by nux
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...e/public/en_gb

The Sender can only transfer a maximum of 24,000 Avios Points to any one Member in any one calendar year.

The Sender can transfer a total of 144,000 Avios Points in any one calendar year to multiple Recipients provided the 24,000 Avios Points limit is not exceeded per Recipient.
Fantastic, thank you.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 4:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I have a question regarding the waiver of change/cancellation fee for Gold members on award bookings. Does it only work for reservations, where the Gold members travels themselves. Or change fee is waived for all reservations made from my mileage account?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Slipless
I have a question regarding the waiver of change/cancellation fee for Gold members on award bookings. Does it only work for reservations, where the Gold members travels themselves. Or change fee is waived for all reservations made from my mileage account?
See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post21690388.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:27 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
How much it cost in avios to redeem a F ticket on QR on intra gulf flights?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Does this page help?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:55 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Does this page help?
And even just post #2 in this thread...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19160489-post2.html

It is sold as F, so F applies (similar to AA domestic F).
Old Nov 7, 2013, 4:44 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by nux
And even just post #2 in this thread...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19160489-post2.html

It is sold as F, so F applies (similar to AA domestic F).
Thanks. Now it is clear to me.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 1:54 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Housekeeping notice

Information on the new Avios Part Payment facility has been added to this guide.
Old Nov 15, 2013, 12:21 pm

I was trying to book a RT direct flight withiN US on Alaska.
I was charged 12.80 in taxes.
I thought it was supposed to be max of $5?
Sjc-pdx is the itinerary.
When i booked a Sjc-sea i was charged $5 (round trip, direct)
What's the reason for the increase?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.