Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:36 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
I was there last night, frankly I was a little underwhelmed by it. Maybe we were unlucky but the food we tried was nothing special, and in fact my Marmite Royale from Club Gascon was nothing short of rubbish! It was good to see Michel Roux Jr lurking about at Le Gavroche tent but again the food was pretty poor. I did get to try some interesting things from some of the stalls and you have to pay visit to my old friends from the South Devon Chilly farm, now they make yummy things!

We did not spend much time in the BA tent but it was nice to sit down for a few minutes. There was free flowing bubbles, not sure what they were but they were very good. As stated above canapés were thin on the ground, not helped by greedy people pouncing on them as soon as they appeared and taking them all back to their table, but all in all a very welcome retreat from the crowds and the mud.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:40 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Originally Posted by shandy01
Wellies a good idea. No 10% code this year - big big sale straight after Olympics - Ayala champagne.
Is that the shareholder discount you're referring to?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Does anyone know what the procedure is for guests in the lounge?...are they entitled to entry more than once if they leave the lounge (ie given a wristband or something identifiable like that) or would they have to be guested in again by the cardholder?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by dddc
Is that the shareholder discount you're referring to?
No. Last year they gave out a discount code valid on all flights for a few weeks.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by shandy01
Wellies a good idea. No 10% code this year - big big sale straight after Olympics - Ayala champagne.
Last year the 10% expired and a sale started the next day. As BA started loading the fares early the day before you gould benefit from both!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:53 am

BigVince76 I beg to offer a different opinion on the food highlight was the very modern twist on Prawn Cocktail from Pollen St Social and as ever the excellent braised beef cheek at Le Gavroche. I guess it all depends on taste.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by Goonerfish
Does anyone know what the procedure is for guests in the lounge?...are they entitled to entry more than once if they leave the lounge (ie given a wristband or something identifiable like that) or would they have to be guested in again by the cardholder?
No wristband. No issue if you both leave and you go back with another guest. Best way to get 3 in would be for you to leave, return with 2nd guest and say you'd both been for a stroll.

Good session today. Lots of champers, wine tasting in one corner, cheese tasting in another, lots of hot canapes. We also did the free afternoon tea at 2.30 at Height Cuisine ... i would stop here on the way to the BA tent at 12 and sign up for a session later on.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:38 am
Suspended

Programs: Hertz Gold / Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Plat / Marriott Gold / IC RA / SPG Plat
Originally Posted by Raffles
No wristband. No issue if you both leave and you go back with another guest. Best way to get 3 in would be for you to leave, return with 2nd guest and say you'd both been for a stroll.
I will be the guest...not the cardholder. So was trying to establish if I leave would I be able to enter again at a later time or would I have to be guested in again by the cardholder?
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You will need to be guested in again.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Raffles
You will need to be guested in again.
ok..thanks
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
A toast to sunrisegirl and swanhunter from the BA tent at Taste of London

And just one more photo for good measure....

Seriously though, what an excellent event, nice to see Yahilwee and LTN Phobia there and also met Raffles, price123 and DR P for the first time!

Stuffed myself with Spice Market's chicken samosas, the lady there had heard about our recent do and gave me free sorbet

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jun 22, 2012 at 10:32 am
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, AY Lumo, Hyatt Explorist, National Exec Elite
Just came from the fri 12-16 session (now at T5 GF) and indeed it was a great event. The rumours of champagne rationing had been greatly exaggarated the weather was much better than what I feared - a torrent of rain when the doors were opened at 1200 but nothing after that.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by hrnt
The rumours of champagne rationing had been greatly exaggarated
Indeed, I was given a glass on entry and it was refilled without me even asking, or so much as giving eye contact to the waiter beforehand, at least 4-5 times.

By the time I got to the VIP tent, I couldn't drink any more champagne so I just got a 7up and ended up giving our vouchers to the scruffiest looking backpacker I could find
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: BA, VS, Hilton Honours
Originally Posted by PanGalactic

Seriously though, what an excellent event, nice to see Yahilwee and LTN Phobia there and also met Raffles, price123 and DR P for the first time!
It was indeed a pleasure to meet you this afternoon. It was a shame I did not get to meet the others - oh we'll maybe soon in a lounge somewhere.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Indeed, I was given a glass on entry and it was refilled without me even asking, or so much as giving eye contact to the waiter beforehand, at least 4-5 times.

By the time I got to the VIP tent, I couldn't drink any more champagne so I just got a 7up and ended up giving our vouchers to the scruffiest looking backpacker I could find
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.