Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Taste of London 21st - 24th June - Meeting thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Good lord.... Is this even meant to see middle aged men drunk as skunks???? Why does the mention of free alcohol and bits of food make you guys tremble???

I really hope not, I do hope that people act with proper manners and not be wasted...

I would be very disappointed with whoever I meet from FT and find them to be totally drunk???

Please be gentlemen and gentle ladies...
Come to a Do at my house... @:-)
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by Petrus
Come to a Do at my house... @:-)
I've never been invited.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:05 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
Will be there Friday afternoon session. Happy to guest (we have 2x silver cards). PM for description if you want to meet.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:07 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Hubby and I going Friday 12-4 looking forward to visiting exec tent, also going with friends who we will be guesting in. Am sure it will be a good day have bought some crowns so will be enjoying various restaurant samples. Just hope the weather bucks up, otherwise could be a while in the tent^
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Petrus
I think what BahrainLad and SRG are reacting to is the fact there are posts in this thread with a tone of entitlement, indicating a purpose of going to simply get a free afternoon on the piss, regardless if they are valued customers of BA or not.

The fact that BA have imposed a rule that you need a shiny card to enter, or be guested by one, is the most obvious sign that to BA this is not an open tent for anyone, rather their valued customers.

We ask that people relax and stop questioning posters, and get back on topic.
Precisely - thanks very much. ^^
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:30 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Perhaps a Tesco tent for next year? Maybe with a viewing gallery for GCH to chuck Tesco Value tomatoes at the Clubcard holders?
Can Silvers join in too?! I'd even buy an extra couple of bags of tomatoes. What fun that would be.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: BD Gold (yes forever), BA Silver, Hilton Gold.
My tummy and I are heading there tonight, really looking forward to it. Anyone know how many 'crowns' I should get? Don't want to over do it because they don't refund unused ones.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by BigVince76
My tummy and I are heading there tonight, really looking forward to it. Anyone know how many 'crowns' I should get? Don't want to over do it because they don't refund unused ones.
You can top them up easily. Start with £20 worth and see how you get on.

Plenty of places offer free tastings too - especially if it's for a product like olive oils/balsamics, preserves, hot sauces etc... which need bread or similar. Check out the winery stalls for freebies too.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 8:34 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Bonjours,

I'll be at the following with a team of pals

Fri 22 June - 1730-2130

Sat 23 June - 1200-1600
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:14 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by price123
Will be there Friday afternoon session. Happy to guest (we have 2x silver cards). PM for description if you want to meet.
PM'd! ^^^
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA, VS, Hilton Honours
Mrs Dr P and I will be attending on Friday 22nd 12.00 to 16.00

See you all there
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Dr P
Mrs Dr P and I will be attending on Friday 22nd 12.00 to 16.00

See you all there
Friday 12-4 seems like the most popular session!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:23 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by HilFly
Looks more like the Taste of Broccoli!
Best post of the day award for you for that one!
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver

Another 2 (plus 2 bronze card guests) for the afternoon session on Fri! Let's hope the rain holds off.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
My good friend who I'm going with on Saturday has just made Silver the other day. Does anyone know if his BA Blackberry app showing his status be good enough for access for him and his girlfriend? He'll obviously be able to prove it's him with ID.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.